What's a bliss?

Who the HELL is that D.O?!

"YESSSSS!!! I got it! I got it! I got it!"

Geez this girl. Why is she screaming like this?

"Can't you be quite?! Why the hell are you shouting? Holy flowers will you just shut up!!!" I nag at Tae Hee who is jumping all up and down in the middle of the living room.

"Guess what! Guess what! Guess what I bought!" She exclaims grabbing a tight hold of my wrists.

I a brow as I look at her perplexedly "What?"

"Guess~" She sings while waving a rectangular paper strip in front of my head. What is that? It looks like some sort of a ticket though. Okay lemme guess...

1) Soccer tickets? Nah....none in here is a die hard soccer fan.

2) Star wars movie tickets? Nuh-uh! If so she would've brought two, haven't she?

3) mmm....what else...wait! Is that???

"Oh my Gosh is that a blank check?!" As funny as it sounds, we can always spare a strong of hope.

Her smile vamooses instantly and she glowers at me like I've just said I secretly married her long time crush. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

At once, I avert my eyes to the ground and grin back cutely or can I say awkwardly. I'm never good at guessing. So I just shrug, trying to impart nonchalance in my action. "No idea."

She groans rolling her eyes. "Come on. EXO concert tickets. I remember telling you about this over a week. Did you forget it already?"

It strikes me. That's the exo and endothermic thing she was ranting about which I barely paid attention, hardly. "Oh those" I purse my lips and smile again "Um...I remember. But hey, I don't care. It's none of my business anyways." Saying, I walk past her to the couch.

"Geez...have some love towards our country music will you? KPOP is literally being an egg in a cake batter, binding agent if you wonder. People from all over this bluegreen planet have started listening to it. And here you are, just centimetres away from the said subject, shutting all your auditory organs from listening to the most demanding music ever."

Here she is, ranting about the POPcorn stuff again. Seriously, she doesn't have any idea to stop begging me to go for it, does she? I'm pacing around the living room going through things in search of the TV remote and she's literally following me everywhere. Gosh where did I put it yesterday?

"You don't have any soul I'm telling you my friend. I'm really worried for you." She keeps blabbering as sarcasm starts hovering over her voice. "A try won't you off, will it? C'mon give it a shot. You ain't any nun so stop chickening out!"

I scoff as I ruffle the couch pillows. "Chickening out? Duh.....why do i have to chicken out? There's nothing there to get scared of apart from the rotten vampire looks of your Prince charmings in those bull music videos."

She scoffs. "That's call the 'goddamn y concept make up' that makes any girl swoon over."

"Whatever." I shrug shooting her with the most apologetic look I can ever muster. "So back to the TV remote mission, did you see it lying anywhere?"

"Rot in hell you damn martyr! Why won't you just listen to it once?!" She screams dodging my current concern.

I sigh giving up on my efforts of changing the topic. "I told you I'm not interested." Holy, does she ever get tired of this?

She scoffs again. "You are making a big mistake. Take a note! One, you're missing one of the world's awesome things and two, you're gonna regret it badly. Don't come to me crying soon after you get to know it's actual power." Her eyes pin mine and her forefinger stands erect, pointing at right at me.

"That's it? Finished? Now. Will you please lemme concentrate on the drama." I shoot her one last glare before turning on the TV. "Gosh! What happened to Yoon Min Shin? He was alright in the yesterday's episode..."

"How did you find the remote?"

"Inside the pillow cover. It was-- wait! So you you knew? You kept this hidden from me? Gosh Tae Hee you're unbelievable!"

"Seriously Hyo Shin. Do you have any idea how awesome EXO'S Growl and Overdose are?" She does the thing in which she's truly an expert. Dodging the subject.

I sigh hard. "I said I'm not interested. And now YOU take a note. Your Growl is getting me Overdosed!" I snap back.

I'm preparing myself to watch one of the most heartbreaking dramas, with all the absorbant stuffs around me just in case if I breakdown. And now this girl here like a freak, is seriously getting on my nerves. Like whoever the HECK that EXO is! I don't freaking care! All I want now is pure silence, peace and a calm ambience. Call me a saint and I don't ing bother!

¤¤¤¤¤¤

A little while has passed and so far, no Tae Hee around. Thank God. I am completely relieved that she has finally stopped her POPcorn rant and that she didn't disturb my precious drama time. Of course, she wouldn't dare. She knows me.

I keep drowning myself in my own tears. My hands are repeatedly wiping them, cheeks dampened already and eyes bloodshot. How can anyone think of filming such a saddest drama like this? Doesn't the director have a heart? Curse you heartless monster!

"This is ridiculous." Tae Hee's grouchy voice rings like a bell bringing me back to the reality. Gosh was I so engrossed? "I seriously don't know what exactly that crappie drama of yours is providing so amusing and kpop doesn't. You are even preferring to cry till your 's out than to enjoy some good music. Very bad." I can practically sense her shaking her head left to right.

"You won't understand." I reply wiping my tears away.

"That's better. Cause I don't like pinning my on the couch and boohoo over some ridiculous melodrama. "

"It's my way of finding contentment." I argue back shooting a slightly irritated glare at her. How dare she call it ridiculous? Moron!

"Contentment? You mean bliss?" She scoffs. "Do you even know the literal meaning. There's no place for bliss when all you are doing is snuffle. C'mon. Think something logical."

My left brow raises, challenging her rant as I realise our argument is slowly transforming into a debate. "And what exactly do you say is logical?"

"Kpop is. It sounds good, smart and reasonable." She smirks as if she has just won a one to one quiz game with me. Well she can possibly win over me in a quiz but certainly not in this topic. I'm not that easy to give up. Lemme see how far she can take this. She doesn't know melodrama lovers have a comparatively higher percentage of stubbornness. Well that's true. It must be...

"But there's no crying involved. So it means there is no bliss." Now it's my time to smirk.

Her brows knit as her lower lip twitchs at my words. Did I just say I've got a beard?

"I think you've bought a wrong edition of the dictionary. Check out whether that's a duplicate. If so, you can buy a new one and that new one will definitely have an accurate meaning for bliss and that's kpop! Melodrama bliss is temporary, if that is even possible. But this bliss is permanent, eternal, immortal!" She whoops at the end.

"Mmm...debatable." My rather calm and composed answer startles her making her scoff for the nth time today. I bet she's going nuts by now.

"Seriously, it's a record if someone's able to talk to you about kpop for more than five minutes." She shakes her head, exasperated and walks away to the study table.

Oh dear, did I annoy her? ! She won't be talking to me for a week. I'm certainly not ready to handle her when she gets pissed off. I suppose she already is. "Hey..I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean to get you pissed."

For a moment she just stares at me, probably processing things to end the petty fight soon. "Tch. Forget it. I already lost my mood in talking about it." She mumbles, sulking, as she plays with the strips of papers or so called tickets that she had with her when she entered. See? Told ya.

"So....are you attending that concert?" I pin point and at once her face brightens like nothing had happened a few minutes ago. I knew it! Talk about kpop and she never even cares about anything. Take a note - even if she's running out of life on her death bed. Geez that POPcorn thing does have some impact, doesn't it?

"Of course baby. I will. I can't wait. I've attended a lot. But I bet, this out would be the most memorable concert ever." She squeals.

"Oh C'mon. This is the thing you say every time you attend a concert."

"Yeah pretty much. But hey this isn't just a concert and these aren't just tickets." She sings with the smug expression in her face.

"Then what exactly are those?"

"Coupons." She beams. "The event is more like a concert but they have planned something else that gets fans closer to the idols." Her brows wriggle and mine furrows at the centre.

"Can you please explain more clearly?" And why am I so worried about the stupid concert thing now? That's none of my business anyways.

"Oh as you see, these coupons have some code numbers in it. Like seven digits. During the concert time, that's tomorrow at 7:00 in the evening to be precise, the guys will randomly pick a number from the lucky draw and the coupon matching the number will get a chance to meet their bias." She explains all enthusiastically with a hyper grin.

"What's a bias?"

"Most favourite member."

Oh...I bet this is the very first thing I know about kpop. No, second. Because I know kpop is music. And dance. Okay so third thing. Ah never mind.

"And you know what? The lucky person would be getting a chance to gift their bias a present. Whatever they like. Isn't that unbelievable?" She squeaks cupping her cheeks like a frenetic sea lion.

I scoff mentally. Of course it's unbelievable. What kind of stupid concept is this? Please don't anyone dare to call that as an event. Don't they have sense?

Fans pay thousands and thousands of their own money to buy those bloody coupons, which I bet, must be way more expensive than a Louis Vuitton T-shirt and a Calvin Klein underwear combined. Well with that expense, they also want these innocent fan people to buy those idol brats a gift? Seriously, where the hell is the logic in here?

Can't those punks in the shiny conspicuous costumes get whatever they want with their own money? Are they that inaffordable? Who are they kidding? And look at that ticket...man! Is that a ticket to the Polar Express?!!! All glittery jittery....Seriously?

Ahh...why am I even ranting about this in the first place?

It's.none.of.my.business!

"Wow. What a brilliant idea!" That is all I can utter. I'm not really in the mood to listen to her if she freaks out hearing all my mental rantings. And thank God she didn't notice my indirect sarcasm in my sentence earlier.

"I know right. Bless the one who planned this.....Hail him!"

"Um....what's the group name that you were talking about?" Seriously Hyo Shin? Don't you have any other questions to divert her? This would only drive her more insane!

"EXO. Such a young talented group ya know. You must have seen their visuals and you'd fall for him the next second. His name is Kai and he--"

"Ah no no stop. That's a lot of news out my business line. You and your EXO. Leave me outta this."

She frowns.

"Anyway, you said you can give them presents. Since you've got a coupon for yourself, what are you planning to buy?" ! Kpop again. How will I ever get myself outta this topic?

"I already did." A sly smirk creeps on her face as she pulls out her messenger bag from the side. So everything is pre planned huh?

Her hands fishes for something inside the bag. Her smirk grows when she finally pulls out a small pink square box over tied with a blue satin ribbon. And along comes a golden envelope which is over tied with a silver ribbon.

"How's it?" She beams.

"Well....the packing is really good. You know....great colour combinations. But what's inside?"

"Surprise." She winks. "My D.O must be the first one to open it."

"Your what?"

"D.O. An exo member. My Bias." Now you must see her face. Typically like a newly wedded bride, on their honeymoon, in their first night, inside their romantic bedroom, finding ways to start up a conversation with her husband. Lol... can anyone excuse me now? I really need to puke!

"I see." I nod instead.

I remember her mentioning some of the kpop people before. L, N, V and now D.O....Seriously, are they even names for Christ's sake? Duh....none of my business anyways.

"Are you that confident in winning the event?"

"Yup." Girl your confidence is killing me.

"Really? Among thousands and thousands of crazy fans?"

"Why not? There must be at least 0.01% of probability right?

I throw her a blank look. "Whatever sails your boat then." I shrug nonchalantly. Again, it's none of my freaking business.

An elephant silence is enveloping us and I notice something lacking. Like something forgotten. of an Ostrich I missed my drama! Just great. Straight to the hell you bloody KPOPcorn!

Suddenly, Tae Hee's smartphone vibrates indicating a call's arrived. She picks it up and strolls out to one corner to respond. I wonder who called? Cause all I can see is her face displaying various emotions in a sequential order - blank, shock, extremely shock, anger and pissed. I really wonder...

"Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap...." she chants gritting her teeth all the way towards the couch. Her hands are balled into fists and her face literally looking like that of a bull dog, like she's gonna rip someone's hair off. Wait! Is that me? I didn't do anything...

"W-What happened?" I gulp releasing a slight oblivious panic.

"That old lady kicked off today." She replies frustratingly kicking the edge of the couch. "Ouch!"

"Which old lady?"

"My grandmother. For Pete's sake she was alright for ninety three years and of all days she has to die today? Dammit! Give up the ghost you filthy coincidence!"

My eyes widen to the possible extent.

"How nice....you look like my D.O. now" she smiles for a second before turning more furious.

I snicker a bit. "Why are you exasperating? You must be crying instead."

"Crying?! Yeah I should be. Crying my heart out that the old lady should have bought a ticket to the HELL! My mom is asking me to attend her funeral on tomorrow. And I HAVE to do a stupid eulogy." She sighs clutching her hair. I can say she's vexed. "How the hell can I attend the concert??? Arghh!"

"Concert? At a time like this you're worried about that silly concert? Your grandmother is dead for sake of all Heavens above!"

"Like I care!" She yells making me look at her agape. "Looks like I don't have a choice now. Mom is persistent about my attendance. At the same time, I want to give my present to him no matter what. Somehow. You don't know how much I love him. I can't be sure that I'd win but I'm trusting that 0.01% so much. There must be some way to give this gift if I win. Some way....Some way.....som--wait?"

Her head slowly turn towards me and her lips curl into a clever smirk. Is it just me or she's looking really sly? What is she planning by the way?

"Hyo Shin ah...." Her smirk soon elongates into a lovely smile that I haven't seen in past twenty years. She bats her eye lids cutely or can I say absolutely-not-TaeHee-like.

"W-What?" I stammer.

"Can you attend the concert on my behalf tomorrow?"

WHAAAAAAT????!!!!!