V ♡♡♡

Oh, Ex-Boyfriend Please!

The days went by so fast. It was already the time for the kids’ field trip. If there is one student that is very excited for the trip, it was no other than the nephew of the curator himself - Yeonjun. He was all smile while holding the strap of his backpack. If he could brag about his uncle’s work and how amazing he is, he would; but his innocent mind was limited to being a ball of sunshine whose smile could brighten the day.

Meanwhile, Dara was busy instructing her students to fall in line with their arms forward. The service bus was already waiting for them outside, and so they started walking out of their classroom.

“Remember what Teacher Sandy said?” she asked her students as soon as they were already in the bus.

“Behave and no running around the place!” they chorused.

“That’s right. Will you promise you would follow what Teacher Sandy said?” she asked once more.

“Neh! We promise!”

“All right, very good, kids. Now are you ready for the trip?”

“YESSSS!!!”

Dara let out a soft chuckle and took her seat behind the bus driver. She glanced around once more as the they started moving. Such good kids.

The teachers agreed the other day that it would be Dara’s class who will go first since it is the exhibit of her student’s uncle. So the other class were just preparing their things, and the teachers allowed their students to play inside the classroom.


 

 

Seunghyun, on the other hand, was already in the museum. He was double-checking everything so as not to forget a single thing - like turning on the light in the toy car section. He roamed around once more before he dashed to the back room to check himself again.

He stood before the mirror and practiced his smile. “Annyeong haseyo, Dara-ssi,” he started.

Seunghyun shook his head as his voice cracked at the first word. “Ah mwoyah!”

He grabbed the comb and fixed his hair for the nth time. He also checked his white button down shirt for any signs of dirt.

“Okay, we’re good, Choi Seunghyun. Now let’s wait for the kids and the beautiful teacher.” He chuckled softly at the last two words.

He stepped out back to the main area and glanced at his watch. It was already quarter to 10. He’s got 15 minutes left before Dara and the kids will arrive. So before he could waste any other minute, he crossed to the coffee shop and bought two coffees - one brewed for him and one cafe latte.


 

 

“Ah, we’re here! We’re here!” Yeonjun happily announced as he pointed to his uncle’s exhibit. His other classmates squealed.

“Aigoo, these kids jinjja,” Dara softly said, and the bus driver chuckled in amusement.

“Sure they are full of energy, Ms. Park,” the bus driver said as he parked the car in front of the building.

Dara smiled and nodded in response. Before she could open to say something, she heard Yeonjun’s voice.

“Samchooooon, annyeong!” he said as he was waving his hand while his face was pressed on the window. She looked at where Yeonjun was waving and saw Seunghyun waiting for them at the door. The man was waving back at his nephew.

Dara cleared and called the kids’ attention. “All right, kids, please stand up and fall in line again.”

The followed her in an instant, and Dara led the line as they stepped out of the bus. Seunghyun was already by the sidewalk as soon as she was out.

“Hello, good morning, Dara-ssi,” he said and bowed.

Dara turned around and smiled before bowing. “Good morning as well, Seunghyun-ssi.”

He handed her the cafe latte. “I thought you would like to have a coffee while touring around the place.”

“Oh? Oh, gomawo.”

“That’s cafe latte. I hope you still like that kind of coffee.”

“I still do, thank you.”

Seunghyun smiled and then helped the kids out. He held their hands as they jumped off the bus.

“Hello and good morning, kids~” he said softly and smiled.

“Hello, Mr. Choi!” the other kids chorused.

Yeonjun went to his uncle and held his hand. The man looked down and patted his head gently. “Hello, my favorite kid.”

“Annyeong, samchon kkkk~” Yeonjun said in a whisper and giggled.

Seunghyun led them inside the place and spread his arms wide. “Welcome Teacher Dara and kids! This is an exhibit of toys and paintings of cartoons that I collected in different places, and some are from my friends too.”

Dara nodded as she listened. She too looked around the place like the other kids and was in awe with the amount of toys and paintings in the place.

“WOOOAAAAAH~” the kids said, their eyes twinkling in delight.

“Did you also buy that dinosaur bones?” one of the boys asked as he pointed at the medium-sized skeleton of a dinosaur.

They all looked at where he pointed.

“Oh, yes, yes. My friend and I owned that,” Seunghyun smiled at the kids.

“Isn’t that scary and heavy, Mr. Choi?”

“It is heavy, and it is also a little scary,” he wiggled his brows and grinned. The kids laughed.

 

 

 

Before the kids could roam around, Seunghyun told them. “You can touch the toys that are displayed but do not touch the glasses okay? Because you might get hurt. Only the toys without glasses, is that okay with you?”

“Neeeehhh!”

Dara went to Seunghyun and said in a soft voice. “Are you sure it’s okay to have them touch the toys? I’m afraid they might break it, Seunghyun-ssi.”

Seunghyun nodded in understanding. “Ah, Mr. Choi forgot to tell you something. You can only look at the toys because there are toys that might hurt you since they’re sharp. I’m sorry, kids. Mr. Choi forgot it.” He laughed softly.

“Neeh, it’s okay~”

“Kids,” Dara said, “listen to teacher first. Remember what you promised okay? Behave and no running around.”

“Yes, Teacher Sandy. We promise!”

“And remember what Mr. Choi said okay?”

“NEEHH!”

“Before you could walk around, I want you to have your hands on your back.”

The kids looked at Dara and placed their hands on their back.

“Enjoy, kids!” Seunghyun added one last time.



 

Before long, the educational trip of the kids to the exhibit ended. The principal also visited the place together with the last class. Dara was already back to the school with her students, and Seunghyun didn’t get a chance to talk to her about anything out of the professional line.

To celebrate the success of the first day of his exhibit, he decided to grab a drink at a bar near his place. Upon entering the bar, he went directly to the bartender and ordered his drink. He glanced around the place while leaning his body on the counter. Much to his surprise, he saw a very familiar face right across him.

He straightened out on his seat and took another sip of his drink. He look at the man across him with scrutiny, trying to see his features clearly. Yeap, it’s him, he thought to himself.

Seunghyun was observing the man. His every move and all. It took all of Seunghyun’s will not to stand up and approached the man when a woman sat on his lap and engaged him in a heated kiss.

This bastard.

His grip on the glass tightened as he gritted his teeth. Seunghyun’s eyes could bore holes into the man’s brain, and he could be dead by the intensity of his look.

When the man stood up and went to the men’s restroom, Seunghyun followed. He waited the man by the sink to finish his business.

“Hello,” the man said, giving Seunghyun a salute.

Seunghyun gave him a smile and nodded. “Hello.”

“You look familiar to me,” the man looked at him through the mirror while washing his hands.

“Same here,” Seunghyun muttered.

The man chuckled. “You look like someone whom I know dearly.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah . . . wait,” the man straightened up and faced Seunghyun. “Aren’t you Choi Seunghyun?”

Seunghyun looked at him and nodded. “You know me.”

“Of course, of course. You’re someone’s ex-man,” the man chuckled even more.

Seunghyun cleared his throat and pursed his lips. “I didn’t know you knew me so well.”

“That’s not a surprising fact actually because I’m your ex-girl’s-”

“Husband . . . aren’t you?” before he could finish, Seunghyun cut him off. “You’re Dara’s husband, aren’t you, Kiyong-ssi?”

It took all of Kiyong’s power not to burst out laughing. He stared at Seunghyun and bit back a chuckle. “How did you know my name?”

“That’s not my question.”

“Oh? Oh! Yes, yes, I am Dara’s . . . loving husband,” Kiyong grinned and fixed his hair.

Loving my , Seunghyun thought.

“But I didn’t know loving husbands should come in this kind of place,” Seunghyun told him as dried his own hands.

“Uh-uh,” Kiyong clucked his tongue, “there’s no such rule for a place like this, Seunghyun-ssi.”

He kept quiet and faced Kiyong.

“But I have a favor to ask you though, well it’s not really a favor,” Kiyong said with a smile. “Can we keep this thing a secret to Dara? I mean me coming here. She doesn’t know I’m here . . . she doesn’t know I’m here smooching my other girl,” he said, saying the last part in a whisper.

“You, son of a-”

Kiyong stepped back, dodging the incoming punch of Seunghyun. “If I were you, I shouldn’t punch someone who’s in the same family as you are.”

“What are you trying to say?”

“Kiyong smirked. “Bro, you and I are of the same kind . . . although not entirely the same because I didn’t bring a girl home and . . . !” Kiyong glared at Seunghyun while holding his jaw.

“You and I . . . are not of the same kind, bastard,” Seunghyun said, looking at the man straight in the eyes before walking out of the restroom. “Serves him right,” he said to himself and left the bar.

 

 

 

Inside the restroom, Kiyong was laughing heartily. He couldn’t believe what just happened in a span of minutes. “That guy got me sober up,” he said between chuckles. He checked his jaw and winced when he placed his finger on the spot where Seunghyun hit him squarely. “But he sure could hit hard huh?”

Before leaving the bar, he dialed Dara’s number.

“Hello, Kiyong?”

“Hi, wife, husband’s going home now!” he said cheerfully.

“Are you crazy? Are you drunk?”

Kiyong laughed. “No, I’m perfectly sober thanks to this person.”

“Get home now, pabo. Your daughter’s already asleep.”

“Yes, ma’am!”


Hello! *waves* Don't forget to comment down your thoughts!

Til' the next update, guys! ♡