II ♡♡♡

Oh, Ex-Boyfriend Please!

“Art gallery, Yeonjun-ah” a baritone voiced stepped out of the little crowd. “I own an art gallery.”

As soon as I saw him, my heart was caught in my throat. I blinked multiple times and squints my eyes.

 

He is here.

Choi Seunghyun is here …

 

“Annyeong haseyo, I’m Yeonjun’s uncle, Choi Seunghyun imnida.” He bowed at the parents and at me. I remained rooted on my spot as his eyes widened a little bit. He, too, was taken aback upon seeing me. I tried to shake off the weird feeling around me and bowed at him slightly.

If anything that I would do today for him, that will be remaining my professionalism. I gave him a slight smile and nods for him to continue. Seunghyun blinked and cleared his throat. Then he continued his speech.

“I own an art gallery and I am also an art curator of my own gallery. My job is to collect paintings, furniture, historical things, and anything related to art around the world.  I’ve had a couple of galleries in here and also some in Japan.” He smiled as he heard the kids’ oohs and aahs.

I glanced at Yeonjun and smiled widely as he stared at his uncle with pride evident in his face. This kid gets happy at small things, really.

“Do you draw too?” one of the kids asked.

“No, I don’t because I’m bad at drawing. I only know how to draw stick figures.” He chuckled.

The kids laugh and the parents chuckled in amusement.

“Can we visit your gallery?”

“Of course! You are very welcome in my gallery. I am working on a new project right now and that is opening a gallery for kids. It will contain toys of different cultures around the world.”

“Waaaah! Daebak!!” Yeonjun, who was happy to hear his uncle’s plan, squealed and clapped loudly.

Aigoo. I glance at Seunghyun and smiled to myself. He finally reached his dreams. He finally owned an art gallery. He bowed at the crowd and smiled. He glanced at me and smiled. For a second, our stares met. It was the first time for how many years.

He went back to the crowd of the parents, and the program continued on until we finished with the last parent. The success of our program was my goal in class today. I walked back to the center of the room.

“I can’t thank you enough for coming today in class and for spending it with us. I know all of you must have work today, and I’m so grateful that you gave us your time to do the program with your child. Thank you so much for making it a success.” I bowed at them and smiled.

Of course as a courtesy and for being grateful, I went to each parent and shook their hands. Seunghyun was at the corner of the room with Yeonjun. He was fixing the little boy’s shirt.

“Hello, Teacher Sandy!” he chirped and waved at me cutely.

“Hello to you too cutie patootie” I grinned at him. “Uhm, Mr. Choi, thank you for coming today with your nephew,” I extended my hand to him and he took it then shook my hand.

“You’re welcome, Ms. Park. It’s a pleasure to be part of today’s program in Yeonjun’s school.” He smiled at me. A kind of smile that reached his eyes.

Yeonjun suddenly hugged my waist. “Thank you, Teacher Sandy for allowing me to bring my uncle today~” he looked up to me and smiled cheekily, showing his incomplete teeth.

I gently patted his back and smiled. “You’re welcome, Yeonjun-ah~ I told you it is just fine to bring your uncle today.”

“Neeeh!” He untangled his arms and goes back to his uncle who nodded at me as if to thank me again.

I nodded back at him and went back to my table at the center to avoid any conversation with him.

I dismissed the class early as it was the only program we have for today. Every day, we only have morning as our class because my students are all five-year-olds. The children stood up and bowed at me, saying good-bye in chorus.

“See you tomorrow, Teacher Sandy!!!” They waved at me and went to their parents.

“Please take care on your way” I bowed at the parents again and waved at the kids.

“Neeeeh!!!”

 

 

 

One by one, all of them went out of the classroom. I started arranging the tables and chairs and went back to take a seat on my chair. I checked myself on my mirror and fixed my hair. Another successful day has gone with these kids. I smiled at the thought and made a retouch with my light makeup. I was about to apply my lipstick when a shadow appeared in front of me. I glanced up and saw Seunghyun in front of me.

 

I cleared my throat and pursed my lips. He didn’t utter any word but stared at me. “Yes …? How can I help you, Mr. Choi?” I tried to give him my ‘professional’ smile, after all we are still in school and I am still the teacher of his nephew.

He rubbed his nape and let out a sigh. “Uhm … I’m happy to finally see you—after all these years.”

I looked at him and nodded.

“You don’t know how happy I am to see you well and achieving your goal.”

I nodded at him again. “Thank you, Mr. Choi.” Where is this talk going?

“It’s nice seeing you again … Dee.

I blinked upon hearing that name. That was the nickname he used to call me five years ago. I let out a breathy chuckle. The nerve of this guy to call me that again.

He continued to stare at me. He was about to reach for my hand when a voice called me, interrupting our conversation.

“Sandy!”

I glanced at the door and found Kiyong smiling widely holding a bag of food. My savior!

When I looked back at Seunghyun, he was looking at Kiyong. “It’s nice to meet you too, Mr. Choi. Excuse me.” I bowed at him and walked to meet my savior.

“You’re early today!”

“Ah-huh! I want to eat lunch with you,” Kiyong grinned boyishly and hugged me.

“Can we go to a park or something to eat this?”

“That was indeed my plan. Come on and get ready so we can go now.”

I smiled and gets back to my table to grab my bag. Seunghyun was still there standing. I bowed at him. “I think Yeonjun is waiting for you already, Mr. Choi.”

“Ah .. yes, thank you again Dee.” He silently walked out of the room.

I watched his retreating back and walked out of the classroom after locking it. “Kajaaaa!”

 

 

---

 

 

Dara linked her arms to Kiyong’s as they walk out of the school to his car. “Where is Mimi?”

“She’s with your mother” he replied and opened the car door for her. “I think she said they’ll be out to the mall.”

“Hmm” Dara smiled and got in. He went to the driver’s seat and started driving to the park he had in mind.

The car zoomed past Seunghyun’s car. He was watching them as soon as they went out of the school arm in arm until they got inside the car. He sighed and shook his head then got in the driver’s seat. He glanced at his nephew who was playing with his toy while sipping on a yoghurt drink.

“Yeonjun-ah~”

“Neh samchon?”

“Do you know that guy with your teacher?”

“He keeps on coming to our room and visit Teacher Sandy,” the little boy replied and smiled at him.

“Every day?”

“Neh~”

“Is he her boyfriend?”

“Boyfriend? What is that?”

He chuckled and scratched his head. “No, never mind Yeonjun-ah. Let’s go home?”

“Okay, samchon!”

Is he her boyfriend? That thought kept on rolling in his mind. What if he is? He shook his head at the thought. I don’t have the right to be questioning that. He sighed again and focused his eyes on the road.

Is she really taken now? Taken finally by a good man?


Hi guys :) Thank you for supporting this fic even if I update late. Thank you for waiting and please anticipate more. I love you!

 

 

 

In case you guys are wondering what Kiyong and Yeonjun looks like. I will post a picture of them.

That is Kiyong. He is also in Dara's webdrama "We Broke Up"

 

And this is also Yeonjun. He is TOP's real life nephew.