May 2nd 2016

Maybe....

KOREA. May 2nd 2016, 06:40PM

Taeyeon was getting a little bit anxious from the Baekhyun thought. He had stopped texting her since that day she decided to post the snapchat filter picture to her Instagram account, which Baekhyun found oddly annoyed by it. She checked her phone to see if Baekhyun has texted her or left a missed call. But neither both. He was still mad at her, or at least, she thought. She fondled with the phone in her hands and sighed. She missed him. She missed talking to him like how normal couples do, because that was how he asked her to believe it. Baekhyun does not want to be labeled as the "celebrity couple" of the century, heck, he had never even imagined holding that title. Everything was hard for the two of them and he noticed how Taeyeon sometimes frown at the thought of not being able to do the things that couple are entitled to. That is why he told her,

"Taeyeona, although we can't date openly like them, although we can't publish our relationship online like them, although we can't greet each other on stage and show this side of us to them, just remember that you have me, and I have you. And that's all we need. You don't know how grateful I am to be paired up with you in this world that every night before I go to sleep, I'll never forget to thank God for uniting us. Despite the fact that we have to keep this relationship laying low, I'm still thankful for being given the chance to face this harship with no one else, but you."

The edge of Taeyeon's mouth curled upwards at the thought of his comforting words in their early days of relationship. Now that made her missed him even more. It has been nearly 5 days since he last talked to her. And his last message was a rather absurd one:

I don't know what's your purpose of posting that picture Kim Taeyeon. At first, I was happy to see you on my phone again but when I read the comments and saw people relating your post to that bastard, I lost it. I thought we had made ourselves clear before? No posting sensational pictures, no connecting through SNS, no nothing! But what have you done? And I don't remember you telling me about your snapchat account? You're hiding it from me? Fine. I'm done with you anyway.

Since then, she had been trying to reach him but failed everytime. And two days ago, Taeyeon was informed via her SNS by the supportive "oreos" that he was flying out of the country. And that was when she knew, he was not just mad, he was furious.


JAPAN. May 2nd 2016, 10:50PM

Baekhyun sprawled on his bed with his bathrobe on after getting a nice refreshing shower. He ruffled his hair and the droplets of water fell on the bed sheet. He grinned. Baekhyun remembered how Taeyeon loves ruffling his hair. She often by saying that he has a really nice and fluffy hair and that she wants to protect him all the time. When asked why, Taeyeon shortly answered, "Because you're a five year-old kid!" and Baekhyun would pout before stealing random kisses to prove his manliness in front of her. Oh how he missed all those teasing.

The sound of his phone shook him back to reality. He quickly grabbed the electronic device on his side and swiped it open. His eyes bulged in surprise and his cheeks now had a faint pink tint on it. What is this girl think she's doing?

He went to search for someone's name in the contact list but stopped abruptly knowing that it was wrong to show a concern at time like this. If anything, Baekhyun was still "mad" at Taeyeon and he was not supposed to be contacting her until the day he return to Korea. But he was concerned.

Baekhyun now had something else in his mind. He quickly worked his hands to carry on the task and the next second, his phone was placed on his left ear, waiting for the next person in line to pick up his call. Come on.

"Hello, Fany noona?" Baekhyun greeted the older girl but his voice was showing the obvious.

"Yes? Bekhyun? Is there anything wrong?" She knew something was wrong but she was not sure about it.

"Where are you?"

"Baekhyun, you're calling me to secure my location? Seriously dude? You haven't talked to Taeyeon for days, do you know that?" Tiffany was getting sick at the thought of her friend being toyed around by someone whom she trust.

"That's why I'm calling you right now. Are you with her?"

Tiffany snickered before replying on the line. "You sound so disgusted to even say her name now. Why do you even try to show like you care for her anyway?"

The man was disturbed by the reply but he still tried to stay composed. "Noona, I ask you for one more time. Are you with My. Girlfriend. Kim. Taeyeon. right now?!"

He shouted the last two words, failing to maintain his own chill. On the other hand, Tiffany was taken aback when she heard him stressing his possession towards her own bestriend. She knew she should stopped infuriating him.

"I'm at the company right now. She...is probably resting in the dorm."

For a moment, Tiffany thought he had disconnected the line because she could hear nothing after the reply but she could not be more wrong.

"Just make sure she is at home and stay away from alcohol. And kiss her goodnight for me, if possible."

Disconnected.


KOREA. May 2nd 2016, 11:00PM

"Yah Kim Taeyeon! Where are you now?"

Taeyeon backed off from her phone, shocked from the shouting coming from her girlfriend on the other line.

"Geez Mrs. Hwang. Take a chill pill please. I'm at home. Why?"

"Don't go out until I come back home okay! Just stay in the dorm and the most important thing, stay away from alcohol."

Tiffany ended the call right after she stopped at the last word, not wanting to be bombarded with questions. Her own priority right now is to keep the bestfriend safe, and she was more than willing to help him with this.


JAPAN. May 2nd 2016, 11:57PM

Baekhyun tossed and his bed as he was unable to keep his eyes shut. His heart was uneasy and only he knew why.

Her alcohol tolerance level is really low to the point that I have to stop drinking when we got together. What was she even thinking?

Makgeolli? Pftt unless if I were there to handle her, I don't think she'll even be able to get on the bed in a full piece.

Is she really that stressed out to be craving for alcohol right now? Is she in pain?

Am I the cause for it? Am I the cause for all this?

And that was how Baekhyun fell asleep at that night. Mind wandered with concerning thoughts, all anxious, and most importantly, heart missing his girl.