May 1st 2016

Maybe....

KOREA. May 1st 2016, 06:00AM

The loud shrill from Taeyeon's phone woke her up. Shifting from her white sheet covered bed, she tried to reach for the annoying sound but since her eyes were still shutted tightly, the morning mission can only be done after a minute of struggling. 

The moment she got her eyes opened, she quickly went for a bed inspection. She flipped the comforter and tossed it off the bed. She was searching for something, or rather, someone. Her face contorted when she saw a different result from what she had expected. Her shoulders slumped in disappointment.

"How could I forget that he's in Japan right now?"

As she looked out of the window, the first crack of dawn could be seen in the sky. The road is starting to get filled with noisy sounds from the vehicles and so Taeyeon hugged herself in sorrow. She wanted to wake up with him by her side. She loves to see him laying just next to her the moment she sees the world, she loves to admire her "world". Byun Baekhyun is her world.

Taeyeon has always despised morning, she still does, but eversince Baekhyun became her partner, he had successfully made her morning brighter. They both are known as the busiest idols, but when Taeyeon demands for him at night, Baekhyun will always try his best to reach his girlfriend's bed, even if it means sneaking out of the dorm at four in the morning. She likes his lullaby but she can just get that through a phone call. What she really need is actually his warm presence in the bed as she wakes up from a good night sleep. Sometimes she will spend an hour in bed looking at his angelic face and sometimes, it is the other way round. Most of the time, Baekhyun will tickles her as she refused to get in the shower. And another great time snuggling in bed.

Knock knock.

"I heard your alarm just now. You don't have a schedule in the morning, do you?" Tiffany spoke behind the half-opened door.

"I don't, but I have to meet someone in the afternoon and I don't want to be late."

"Are you okay?" The girl behind the door asked.

"I had a good night sleep. Thank you for asking."

Tiffany let out a deep sigh as she walked towards the bed and sat close to her bestfriend.

"You miss him?"

Silence.

"I'm asking you Kim Taeyeon. Do you miss him?"

Another set of silence took place.

"He's busy." She muttered as her head fell low.

"Yeah right. Like I just know you yesterday. I don't know what's going on with you two but something seems a bit off latey. I haven't seen him in our dorm since two days ago?That's very unlike of you two."

"Like I said, he's busy."

"Last time I check, no matter how busy he was with the comeback, he would still run into your arms at night. And for so many times flying out of the country, he has yet missed the last night in Korea with you. To be precise, on this holy bed that God knows what you both were doing during those time. Ouch!" Taeyeon slapped Tiffany's thigh to make her stop. She was blushing at her friend's comment.

"We didn't do 'that' too often for your information."

"Whatever because you always tell me the details after your "hot" session anyway. Ouch!" Another slap on her milky white thigh.

They both chuckled in unison. Taeyeon was feeling slightly better now with the presence of Tiffany.

"Hey, I don't know what's the problem with you two right now but I hope you guys can talk about this together and make up as soon as possible okay? As far as I know, you two had gone through worse in the past so I'm sure this will be nothing for you both." 

"Thank you, Tiffany." She quickly gave her friend a soft hug after the reply.

"And by "make up" I didn't mean "make up" okay. Ouch!" There goes another slap in the peaceful morning, and this time right at the back of Tiffany's head.


JAPAN. May 1st 2016, 08:00AM

"It's hard Chanyeol." The group was in their hotel room right now, waiting for the manager instruction to leave soon. But Baekhyun was restless. He had been thinking about the problem since a few days back. He was afraid that he might not be able to focus during their schedule in Japan, so he looked for Chanyeol to share his mind.

"Why?"

Taking a sip from his Americano, Baekhyun stood on his feet and walked towards the balcony door. His eyes were fixed outside as he talked.

"I don't know. This relationship itself is already a hard thing to deal with. You know that I don't deserve someone like her right. I mean, she's a perfection, Chanyeol. She's popular,a senior, loved by people and most importantly she's-"

"Older?" Chanyeol cut his friend as if he was already expecting the word from Baekhyun's mouth.

"Yeah. That one."

"I still don't get how is dating an older woman can become a problem to you? Sure, in a way, that means she has a little bit more of everything like wealth, popularity, and experience than you but Baekhyun," he sighed before continuing. "To be real honest, I don't think you're that bad either. You started off late but now, I see you two standing on the same level. You're just as good as her, as popular as her. Your goods sold out a lot faster than mine, mind you." He jokingly pointed a finger to Baekhyun's face and the latter just scoffed at the action.

"I know you are tired of hearing this from me but I'm gonna say this until you've totally get rid of that insecurity in you, okay? So listen." Baekhyun is now facing in his direction, signalling his friend to keep going.

"Baekhyun, since the day you told me about taking this relationship to another serious level, I already said to you; you worth every piece of her and do not ever let others tell you the opposite. And being a good friend of you, I've seen you guys struggling in something much worse than this so I really hope you will once again act like a man in this relationship and take the lead. Think of a plan Byun Baekhyun. We will spend the next 3 days in Japan so I'm sure that will be an enough time for you to figure out a plan, right?"

The silent one nodded in response.

"And beside," Chanyeol continued. "I don't think that thing in your pants can last that long."

"Yah Park Chanyeol!" And the next thing they knew, they were both getting scolded by the manager for crushing the balcony door.


KOREA. May 1st 2016, 11:49AM

"Wow you're early!Please come in."

"Yes, I'm just excited for our meeting I guess?" Taeyeon made a bee line towards the table in the unknown office, feeling a little bit nervous yet excited for what is coming.

"Take a seat. I'm just getting prepared. Should we start now?" The guy asked her in a friendly manner.

"Sure." She rubbed her sweaty palms on the skirt before procedding.


JAPAN. May 1st 2016, 1:30PM

The group was having their lunch after the final rehearsal. They were at the concert venue and Baekhyun still felt uncomfortable with the running thoughts in his mind. So he decided to share it with Chanyeol while they were having lunch together.

"That's it? Byun Baekhyun. You're telling me that you guys had a fight again because of an Instagram post?"

"It's not just "an instagram post" Chanyeol. She made it scandalous."

"You mean this is scandalous?" The tall one shoved his phone into Baekhyun's face.

"Ugh yes. Scandalous post. I hate it." He tried to look as disgusted as he may look but what to do, he is all cute.

"Don't do that face to me Baekhyun. Only Taeyeon can stand that but not me."

"What's wrong with my face?" Baekhyun half-screamed at the tall friend while crossing his hands on the chest.

"Well first, your face is no cute. That's your first sin on that face. Second, your eyes are way too small. Third, you mouth will form this-"

"I didn't ask you to list them down! Stop being immature will you?" He playfully hit Chanyeol on his arm but it was a hard one indeed. The tall boy was wincing in pain.

"Is it me the immature one here? Is it me who get mad over one single pointless Instagram post? Me?" 

Baekhyun now turned silent. His mind is now clouded with so many thoughts. Am I really the immature one?

"Baek," Chanyeol tried to reach the boy again. He felt bad watching his friend behaving like this.

"I'm not saying that you're immature okay? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You're not like what I said earlier Baek. You're matured enough to lead this relationship. You're actually matured enough to act like some 40 year-old man despite only turning half 50 in 6 days." Baekhyun let out another playful hit on Chanyeol's arm. He was getting comforted witth Chanyeol's nice words actually to be this playful.

"Hey, I'm turning half 50 too this year okay! Stop abusing an old man will you." The two laughed at that hopeless joke.

"So what were you trying to say actually, Yeol?"

The giant friend fixed his sitting position while trying to arrange his words nicely. He could not afford another dumb mistake this time around.

"What I was trying to say...actually..you have to get on with this insecurity in you Baek. It's hard. I know. Like you said earlier, competing with someone like GD is a hard task. But I think, if you already own every room of Taeyeon's heart, there is really no need of competing. She is all yours once you do that and there'll be no other man as perfect as you. Trust me. She'll choose you over whichever man in this world Baek. Because she only got her eyes on you."

There was a pause after Chanyeol's last sentence. After what seems like an eternity, Baekhyun finally decided to thank his friend for the encouragement words.

"Cheeseball." That was his best way to show his gratitude towards the other guy. "You like me don't you, Chanyeol?" Another reply that can be translated to "Thank you", that was Byun Baekhyun for everyone.