May 4th 2016(Part III)

Maybe....

KOREA. May 4th 2016, 9:00PM

The sky has turned into a darker shade of blue but the two were still in the same position as they were two hours ago. Taeyeon's left leg was wrapped around Baekhyun's wide waist, with his arm resting under the girl's head. His chin was just right on her crown as she planted her ear on the guy's chest. 

"It's funny." Taeyeon dropped the silence.

"What is funny?" Baekhyun shifted in his body to give Taeyeon a questioned look.

"This." She dug a finger into her boyfriend's chest and continued. "Our heart. Look, they match each other. Isn't it funny?" Her eyes looked up to meet the boyfriend's gaze and they found it, despite sitting under the darkness.

"You are funny. How could you find it funny when our heartbeat match each other? Last time I checked, it was one of the most romantic things a couple could have point out while cuddling and you just made it, funny?"

Taeyeon just giggled before breaking their eye-contact and Baekhyun once again took this chance to place his chin on top of the girl's crown. He loved smelling his girl so much. "Maybe I'm just easily entertained but it is indeed funny. See." Taeyeon placed her palm on Baekhyun's chest and continued. "You know how I used to despise the idea of "true love"? People around me loved to tell the tale about finding the right one but I had never believed in it. There's no such thing as the right one in this world, it's just you changing yourself to fit with your partner's life. And I called that, hypocrite. In the end, these people will realize that they can no longer pretend to be the reflection of one another and that's when they know they've changed a lot just to force the relationship to work this way."

"But we are not like that." Baekhyun tried to not sound like he was affected by Taeyeon's word when in reality, it hurts him a lot.

"That's why I said it is funny Baekhyun. It is funny how all these ridiculous thoughts just flew out of my mind the moment you walked into my life. I no longer see a "forced" love but love in its purest form, which is the true love. And you're the one who made me realized that true love is not just a tale. It exists in real life, very close to me." Baekhyun almost could not believe his own ears when he heard the pure confession from his girlfriend. His eyes were covered with glasses but he tried to resist from spoiling the moment with his unnecessary tears.

"With you, I don't have to pretend to be like you. I don't have to pretend to like what I don't like because we both have the same preference in almost everything! I like games and so do you. You can't live without a phone call, and I really love that . We both like singing, even a blind can tell. I don't like going out and prefer a home-date and you're not any different either. I love candles to the bit and you can't sleep without lighting a candle first. I-" "I love you." Baekhyun surprised Taeyeon with the sudden confession. Taeyeon could feel that her heart was beating in an abnormal pace now but so did Baekhyun. It took her awhile to register the confession before her mind created a response and gave out the expected reaction.

"And I love you too." She gave a peck on his moving chest and returned back to her position. "See. We are so like each other. I love you and you love me. God, tell me this is not a coincidence." Both of them bursted into a set of laughter with that sneaky reply. Baekhyun planted a kiss on top of his girlfriend's head, feeling relieved that their relationship has been revived. "We both resemble each other a lot, it's crazy, Byun Baekhyun." "I know right. You notice how people often point out our similarity? Not just on the stuff you had just mentioned but even to the point of saying we "look like a long-lost twin"? Really crazy!"

Taeyeon shot up from her position and sat facing the boy. "We do look like a long-lost twin you know?" 

"But I don't want to be you twins!" Baekhyun pouted while he straightened up his back to join his girl sitting.

"What did you just say, Byun Baekhyun?"

"I don't wanna be your twins. I, Byun Baekhyun, don't want to share the same family name as you, and be your twins."

"Yah! Am I really that bad? You're probably the only crazy guy in this world who rejects the idea of being my twins."

"I don't want to be your twins. I want to be your man." And there goes Taeyeon's heart.

"I don't wanna share a family name with you. The only time we'll be sharing family name is when you marry me and change your name to Byun Taeyeon." Next comes the flip inside of Taeyeon's stomach.

"Even if the whole world tells us we look like each other, I want that to be the "destinied couple" kind of look alike instead of "twins" look alike."

"You hear me Kim Taeyeon?" He waved a hand in front of Taeyeon to get back her attention. She blinked a few times while trying to gather her thoughts together again. Taeyeon could feel a sudden uprise of temperature around her. Her hands went to cup her own cheeks and she was burning hot.

Baekhyun noticed this so he reached out for both of Taeyeon's hands and held them in his own. Her gaze was still placed low from Baekhyun to see. Taeyeon does not normally behave this way but Baekhyun had this effect on her and she loved it despite hating it at the same time.

"I said, did you hear me just now?"

Taeyeon could only let out a hum as a reply. "Good. Because I want you to stay focus and just listen to what I am going to say next." This caught Taeyeon's interest as she lifted up her head and tilted it in confusion. Baekhyun had always thought it was cute when she does this so he flashed a fatherly smile while still holding onto the girl. "I've heard enough of suggestions, complaints, and views on our relationship. There are people who loved it but it does fairly the same to people who hated it. Both of us are having a hard time after the bump but I know that you're struggling a lot more than me. I promised you that I'll be with you throughout the hardship and I'll pick you up when you fall. I also promised you that I, Byun Baekhyun, will never leave your side especially when you are at your worst. I promised that I will protect you, always. I promised that time will fly and we will achieve a brighter future. I promised that it won't be too long before I turned 35 and marry you. I promised that one day, on the right time, I will propose to you." Baekhyun took a deep breath before he continued. "So today, let's take this as a practice and I will let you hear my very first proposal." Baekhyun loosen his grip on the girl and shifted to a new position. He was now kneeling on the bed while both of his hands holding on to his world, the girl whom he loves the most, Kim Taeyeon.

"Kim Taeyeon, this is not the official proposal yet and I'm afraid you will have to go through a few count of unoffical proposals before the real one because; for everytime I ask you this, just know that I am ready to be your husband but the world is still against us two and we have to delay it until the right time comes. I am immensely in love with you, Kim Taeyeon. The moment I saw you as a celebrity on TV, I knew you'd make a great girlfriend. And then we met for the first time; that was when I knew you'd not just make a great girlfriend, but also a fantastic wife." Taeyeon was not sure about this proposal. Her eyes glistened with tears. The dark room was only equipped with the moonlight and Baekhyun wanted to see more of her face. So he reached for the bedside lamp, flicked the switch and returned to his kneeling position. Taeyeon knew Baekhyun must have had noticed the tears in her eyes so she was trying to stop him from going any further.

"Baekhyun.." Her sentence was cut short because the next thing she knew, Baekhyun was already covering her lips with his. She shut her eyes in bliss and the remaining tears rolled down her cheeks involuntarily. The kiss was short but it sure left a powerful effect on Taeyeon. "Shh.." Baekhyun hushed her but truth to be told, even without him telling her to pipe down she would still be quiet. Because the kiss had just blown her mind away and she had lost her speaking ability along with it. "Will you let me continue this?" Baekhyun was going to keep on talking but he was being a really nice gentleman asking for his girl's permission first, just in case Taeyeon felt uncomfortable with it and need some time to comprehend. Talk about the man of honor, Mr. Byun Baekhyun.

Taeyeon only beckoned to Baekhyun. He took in a long deep breathe to cool down himself. "Damn! I think my legs are going to get jelly if I were to propose her while standing. Maybe this is why people invented kneeling proposal." Baekhyun shoved the unnecessary thought away and focused on the girl before him. Maybe the light was not bringing out the good in this proposal because he found it hard to string his words together while making an eye-contact with the most beautiful girl he had ever met(aside from his mom, of course) in his life. Screw that, in the whole damn world to be honest.

"Have I ever said about how you'd make a fantastic wife, Kim Taeyeon? Oh yes. Just five minutes ago. And the list will continue from here. Just like how I wished it to be, you then agreed to date me after 3 years. From there I knew, that you are a perfect girlfriend, sweetheart. There would be no one as perfect as you for me. Without me knowing it, I'd already planned it all in my head. I figured out that you'd also make a great mom to my own children." Taeyeon's heart fluttered at the word "children". She had never knew that Baekhyun is a man with plan and she was beyond happy to hear this great news from him. He had just secured her future. Their future.

"I've everything planned in my head and also my diary. I wrote down all of our future plans together and I'm really excited to get it done! Especially when I'm getting it done with you. Taeyeon-ah, I can never imagine my life to be with someone else. It was only you since the past few years. People may have concluded that I'm still young to experience what true love is when I first met you. But I'm turning 25 in 2 days and I still think you are the one. Maybe I'm just blinded by your beauty but I'm willing to be blind for the rest of my life. As long as you're willing to be my eyes."

Baekhyun swallowed down his saliva as the next part was going to be an extra tougher battle of words. "Kim Taeyeon, my ever so beautiful and ethereal girlfriend," he started off slow and smooth. "will you, accept me, Byun Baekhyun, the ever so careless man who's madly in love with you, to be your husband in the first proposal? And will you, wait patiently beside me until the next proposal?" His heart was beating a little too fast for a first-timer. His innerself was saying prayers, probably more than he had ever did in the past 25 years of life. Baekhyun still had his eyes on the girl and was still waiting for her reply. He was inpatient but he still waited.

And finally, his what seemed like a long waiting period ended with a positive result. "Yes. Yes Byun Baekhyun. Yes, I, Kim Taeyeon, the girl with unreasoanable amount of insecurity, is willing to accept you, Byun Baekhyun, the ever so perfect man in this world, as my husband. On the first proposal, second, third, until the last one. All the time. I will be with you till my last breath." Baekhyun was sure that no one could ever be as lucky as him because Taeyeon is going to be his wife and no matter how long it is going to take, she would still be his wife.

"Thank you, my wife."


KOREA. May 4th 2016, 11:45PM

"How long are we going to keep staring into each other's eyes like this?" Taeyeon began to crack the funny atmosphere. Baekhyun, being an extemely happy puppy he was after the proposal then decided to celebrate the occasion by swirling her mid-air and in result, he was granted with a backpain. Taeyeon scolded him for being too careless and that was how they got into this staring competition under the comforter. Taeyeon initially wanted to cuddle to sleep but he was making it hard for both of them. He just would not let her go and if possible, he wanted to keep her awake for the night. 

"I don't want this night to go wasted." He admitted. "But nothing will go wasted if we just sleep?" Taeyeon's patience decreased concurrently with her depleting energy. She was sleep deprived at this point of the night and Baekhyun was not being a great help to her. "What should I do to keep you awake?" Baekhyun asked, still persisting on his plan. "You don't. I will go to sleep now. Stare at me as long as you want because I'm not playing this anymore." The short haired girl changed her direction and now her back was facing the guy. "Maybe we can play a bit to freshen you up?" Baekhyun hand slithered under Taeyeon's shirt as he muttered that. "Byun Baekhyun." Taeyeon voiced out. Short but very effective as Baekhyun immediately retrieved his hand in her shirt as soon as he heard his name being called. He knew her limit and that was the limit. 

 


 

 

 

oh my god guys what a great month of writer blockㅠㅠ