TWELVE

We're the perfect two

So...
The month is May and the year is 2010

Hansol 6th grade (age 12)
Chan 6th grade (age 11)
Seungkwan 7th grade (age 12)
Mingyu 7th grade (age 13)
Wonwoo, Jihoon and Soonyoung 8th grade (age 14)

 

 

Hansol was 12 years old when he had to learn how to live his daily school life without Seungkwan. Of course they would still meet up after school and Seungkwan would even help him with his homework but while he was in school it was just him. And of course Chan.

 

Hansol had grown pretty fond of Chan the previous year when Seungkwan had preferred to spend his time with Mingyu and his other friends. He still did but Hansol didn't mind anymore. Oh no. He liked to think of the day when Seungkwan had come to his house crying about Mingyu having a boyfriend. He had had to spend a good two hours to calm his best friend down but to Hansol it was totally worth it.

 

Mingyu and Seungkwan were still friends along with Mingyu's now ex-boyfriend Wonwoo but for some reason Hansol had gotten over his hate towards the older. Mingyu was actually pretty cool. And Wonwoo was even cooler. He was an eight grader and so smart. Sometimes Hansol even caught himself getting a little exited when Seungkwan told him that the two would be coming over for a school project. But he wasn't going to admit that out loud.

 

 

But while he was in school he was stuck with Chan. Though the younger had proved himself less annoying than Hansol had thought at first he was still kind of weird and had this weird thing for Michael Jackson and dancing. And that was pretty much all he ever talked about while Hansol couldn't have cared less.

 

"… And the man said that I had so much potential and I should probably try again next year because I might actually win."

 

They were walking towards Hansol's house after a long school week as Chan was coming over but the younger just wouldn't shut up about this dancing competition he had participated in over a month ago. It's not like Hansol was a bad friend. It's just that this was the hundredth time he was hearing the same story about a judge that had been really into Chan's dancing.

 

"Listen, Chan!" Hansol interrupted the other's rambling and the younger glanced at him in surprise. "I get it that you're talented but do you want to come to my place or do you want me to push you in front of a car?" He asked humourlessly yet still managing to make Chan laugh. Hansol was the least threatening guy anyone could ever meet no matter how serious he was.

 

"Sorry", the younger giggled and Hansol glared. "What are we gonna do at your house?" He then changed the subject and Hansol instantly forgot he was supposed to be pissed.

 

"Seungkwan's coming over. We can like watch YouTube videos and force him to do our homework or something", the older joked and Chan snorted. He was very much aware that Seungkwan would never do their homework without payment. And he was just about to tell Hansol just that when the older's phone suddenly buzzed.

 

"It's Seungkwan", Hansol informed the younger after opening the text message his best friend had send him. "Apparently he's not coming alone", he continued after answering Seungkwan briefly.

 

"Is Soonyoung hyung coming?!" Chan's eyes lit up at the possibility of seeing the older boy.

 

"Oh just let it go already, will you?" Hansol groaned as the younger was beaming up at him. "He's like three years older than you and he has a boyfriend. And yes, they are both coming. Along with Wonwoo hyung and Mingyu."

 

They kept talking about Seungkwan's friends the rest of the way and soon enough they arrived at Hansol's house. No one was home since his parents were at work and Sophia was at day-care so the two didn't bother going to Hansol's room and just stayed in the living room.

 

Not much after that the doorbell rang. Chan ran excitedly to open the door and Seungkwan and the rest dashed in.

 

"ing finally! Exams are over!" Mingyu screamed as he jumped inside and hugged the first person he saw. And that person happened to be Chan who roughly pushed the older boy off him. Mingyu pouted annoyedly but didn't say anything.

 

"We're finally free!" Seungkwan laughed along as he was bouncing inside to forcefully hug the living daylights out of Hansol. The latter grunted from the sudden impact but didn't push the older away.

 

Jihoon was the last one to enter the house pulled inside by a happily beaming Soonyoung.

"What is this? A ing hug fest?" He growled angrily and closed the front door behind him.

 

"What's up with him?" Hansol raised an eyebrow as was still being squeezed in Seungkwan's arms. He's face was being painfully squished against Seungkwan's cheek but he wasn't about to complain.

 

"He's just mad that they still have two exams left", Seungkwan laughed finally letting go of Hansol. But Hansol wasn't having any of it and he quickly wrapped his arms around Seungkwan's waist before the other could escape.

Seungkwan started walking towards the living room the others tagging along and flopping down onto the huge couch. Hansol, who was still tightly attached to Seungkwan's waist, let out a painful yelp as his arm was rudely crushed under Seungkwan's body weight. Seungkwan only laughed as the younger wriggled his arm from under his back letting out an annoyed huff.

 

"Do you kids still have exams left?" Soonyoung piped up and Hansol could see how Chan's mood visibly flattened from hearing the word.

 

"Just one but it's a small one", Hansol answered and finally stood up from the couch. "Do you guys want anything to eat or drink".

 

"I need a hamburger", Mingyu informed from his lying place on Wonwoo's lap. A coherent groan was heard around the living room. Wonwoo poked his finger between Mingyu's ribs making the younger squirm away and onto the floor.

 

"Anything else?" Hansol asked pointedly and Seungkwan raised his hand to pinch the younger's thigh from behind. Hansol let out a quiet yelp and turned around to see Seungkwan grinning up at him.

 

"One water, please", Seungkwan ordered and Hansol rolled his eyes.

 

"Get your own water", Hansol deadpanned and sat back down next to Seungkwan since no one else seemed to want anything.

 

"But you just asked if we wanted anything", Seungkwan pouted.

 

"I was asking for the quests", Hansol joked and couldn't help grinning as he saw a small smile tugging on the corner of Seungkwan's lips.

 

"I'm not an expert but aren't you two a little too young to be married", Soonyoung piped up making Jihoon snort and earning a high five from Wonwoo. Chan let out a loud, fake sounding laugh and Hasol turned to glare at him. He could feel his ears starting to burn up and there was no way of hiding it.

 

"Are we actually gonna do something or did you just come here to sit around?" he tried to change the subject and fortunately it worked.

 

"I was thinking that we could do something to celebrate the end of our exams", Seungkwan shrugged pointing at Mingyu and himself.

 

"Hell no", Jihoon refused and there was really no way around it after that.

 

"Maybe we should wait till summer so that we're all done with school", Soonyoung proposed and Hansol swore that that was the first smile he had seen from Jihoon the whole day.

 

"Fine by me", Seungkwan shrugged looking a bit disappointed.

 

"Ah I wish it was summer already", Hansol sighed and Seungkwan hummed approvingly and laid his head on the younger's shoulder.

 

"I wanna go on a road trip. Can we go on a road trip?" Chan jumped up from his place on the floor but his idea was quickly shot down by a loud snort from Mingyu who was finally over the his burger.

 

"Great ing idea", Jihoon laughed and clapped his hands sarcastically. "So which one of you primary schoolers wants to drive?"

 

"Maybe once we're a little older."

 

Notes:

Here's my tumblr if you have the need to kick my . Just in case I forget to update again.
http://soonhaotp.tumblr.com/
@soonhaotp