Prologue

26 Days Of The Alphabet

It was another regular night in Seoul. The sky was pitch black, save for the twinkling stars, and the neighborhood was entirely silent. Well, almost. In a certain house currently occupied by two siblings, there was a little night lamp on in one of the rooms and the sound of paper being crumpled resonated within those four walls.
 

The Ha siblings were well known around the neighborhood for being children of Korea’s most famous travel bloggers, Ha Donghun and Cheng Lin. Despite their wealth, their family lived modestly and were known for their generosity.

 

Their first son, Ha Jaehyun, and daughter, Ha Maerin, grew up receiving a lot of love from their parents as well as their neighbors who often took care of them while their parents were away. They were almost always living carefreely, but that night, the younger of the two was anything but carefree.

 

Maerin scratched her head in frustration, not realizing the blinking ‘3:07am’ on her electronic nightstand clock, as she crumpled the umpteenth sheet of paper that night and tossed it on the floor. The girl smashed her face into her pillow, whining into it.

 

“How do people do this!?” She whispered in a frustrated tone, “This is so corny.”

 

She stared at the fresh, blank piece of paper in front of her. Finally she decided to write anything that came to her mind and get it over with. No more wasting paper, she felt as if she was sacrificing a tree. Maerin tapped the pen on her chin and clicked it on her forehead multiple times before she continued scribbling.

 

“He might get the wrong idea here!” She gasped and panickedly scribbled a little more.

 

“Maybe too soon,” she pursed her lips and striked a little something out.

 

She let out a sigh. Possibly the only sigh she had ever released that contained mixed emotions. She lifted the piece of paper up so that it was perpendicular to her line of sight, “Well, this’ll have to do.”


Maerin proceeded to fold the letter, put it into a light purple envelope and meticulously seal it, placing a tiny heart shaped sticker on the flap. Finally she addressed the letter, ‘To: Taemin sunbae’. She gripped it tight and gave it a lucky kiss before tucking it gently under pillow and letting herself finally take a trip to dreamland.

 

 


Total word count ; 392

Author's Note ;
This is super short but it's just like a short little introduction to the main character and her living situation.