Chapter 3

By Accident, I Fell In Love. Literally.

Chapter 3

 

Jaehyun walked with Herin home, hands intertwined in a brother-sister fashion. Ten was chasing them close behind closing the gap. "Can't you at least wait for a bit?" Ten pants, grabbing onto Jaehyun and Herin's shoulders lost for air.

 

"I can't.This little girl's got to eat and do her homework. And I have to go to work!" Jaehyun explains, patting and fluffing Herin's hair in the process. "Oh. You still work in that fancy restaurant" Ten questions, arms crossed and legs bent.

 

"Excuse you, its a 4-star Michelin restaurant. You and your chicken delivery service could never. And besides, there's a lot of pretty girls every day and they all end up giving me their number. Plus, the pay is high." Jaehyun retorts, finger snapping sarcastically and Ten just kept mum.

 

"Whatever you say, playboy." Ten says and grabs Herin by the wrist and brings her inside the front door of the Jung residence. Jaehyun catches up to see Ten and Herin flopped down on the couch watching Power Rangers reruns.

 

'They're such kids. Why am I even friends with him?' Jaehyun gleefully thought, grinning at himself. He then places his bag by the living room table and goes upstairs to his room.

 

"Jaehyun, get changed for work I'll take care of Herin" Ten knocked and spoke behind the wooden door. "Yeah thanks!" and by that point Jaehyun was already wearing his uniform over a large brown wintercoat. He opens the door to see Ten about to go downstairs to the living room.

 

"Ten!" Jaehyun muses and the shorter turns around, giving him the raised eyebrows 'what?' look. "Make sure she eats dinner and she finishes her homework. Help her if you can." Jaehyun states and receives a military 'yes sir' gesture from Ten.

 

He goes down and pecks Herin by the cheek who was busy giggling at the sight of , soon he is out of the front door and Ten and Herin wave him goodbye. He taps his motorcycle casually and turns on the growling engine, waiting for its purpose.

 

The city lights of Seoul pave through Jaehyun's eyes. He sometimes wished he had the free time to go around and enjoy himself a little, rid of or any of those hormonal actions teenagers do. Like, going to Namsan with his girlfriend or eating specialty in food carts Downtown. It was all too much to ask in his prospect to be honest.

 

Eventually he reaches his destination. 'Blue Marina' the restaurant said above in blazing blue. He then parks his vehicle by the lower carpark away from the peering eyes of the rich.

 

Jaehyun wasn't poor. He wasn't average. He could even say they were affluent. But he would never accept the situation that would arise when they'd begin relying on their parents money they left behind. 'Let's get this shift finished' Jaehyun mentally prepared himself as he entered the staff backdoor of the restaurant.

 

"Jaehyun-ah! Your here!" Soonyoung, the resident chef of the restaurant lights up. Jaehyun waves at him and he resumes cooking. "Jaehyunnie! Which girls you gon' try and hit up this time?" Mingyu, one of the waiters in the establishment flashed a grin while holding a tray of empty dishes.

 

"I try not to do that Mingyu. I already have my princess Herin" Jaehyun smiles, fixing his uniform and hung his coat by the staff lockers. He quiffs his hair back and to the right, looking at himself and winking in the mirror for good measure. "Let's go and finish this damn shift." Jaehyun speaks up and mutters encouragement to himself.

 

"Go Jaehyun! I'm always here for you!" Hyeri, one of the waitresses blush and laugh at Jaehyun making him smirk. "Thanks dear." he winks at the other making Hyeri fly with hearts in his eyes.

 

'Time to impress some customers and girls' Jaehyun laughs internally.

 

---

 

Jaehyun was at a loss for words. Stunned, shocked, pissed, grossed out, angered. He felt all of it at once. His wide eyes met the eyes of a shorter guy, his lips crashing forcefully on his.

 

This wasn't in one of his to-do-lists in life. Never in his life has he ever thought of kissing a dude, more or less in public; at work, or in front of a family. The shame, the pounding heartbeat and the blood boiling all rose to his head at once.

 

"Everyone, please meet my boyfriend Jaehyun." the man said beside him. His eyes loom down and see his fingers intertwined with the other man. "

'What's going on?' Jaehyun steams, confused and angered at the same time.

 

"W-w-wait. You have a boyfriend?" a man in a tuxedo and sporting gray ash hair scrunches his forehead as if in confusion.

 

"W-w-woah. Son, your gay?!" a lady, Jaehyun presumed was the man's son exclaimed. 'Why did she smile for a slight second?' Jaehyun pondered, giving the old lady a slight mental side eye.

 

"Taeyong-ah! What's this?!" a girl, a beautiful one at that said to the man whom Jaehyun now recorded as 'Taeyong' in a whiny nasal voice.

 

She would've been totally Jaehyun's type minus the whiny and pouty-annoying voice.

 

"Yes, yes and yes.Exactly what you see everyone. I'm gay and I'm dating this person you see beside me!" Taeyong said beside Jaehyun, clenching his teeth slightly and gripping Jaehyun's hands even tighter. Even to the point where Jaehyun nearly winced. 

 

He looks at the taller and gives him a pleading look, away from the peering members of the table. 'Please help me?' Jaehyun concluded from Taeyong's stare. He was giving Jaehyun's chocolate orbs a look of 'Just go along with this please' and 'I'll kill you if you don't do this.'

 

Both of which were equally terrifying.

 

So much for finishing his shift.

 

×××

 

Taeyong had to make this work. It was now or never, it was do or die.

 

It was his lifeline, a waiter named Jaehyun whom he's just met a good 2 minutes has turned into his boyfriend.

 

"I'm so sorry for not telling you. But yeab, we both are in a relationship and I've been wanting to tell you. B--" Taeyong mutters, but is suddenly silences by the voice beside him.

 

"But we were both too afraid. In fact I was nervous that your dinner would take place in my shift in this restaurant. I'm very sorry for hiding this from you both." Jaehyun, the waiter mutters. And at this point Taeyong was mentally blank. He would've never expected the taller to go with the flow. In fact, better than he could imagine. Jaehyun was clinging to his arm tightly his suit was clenching his bowtie.

 

This escape was a mess, a successful mess, Taeyong hoped.

 

"I-i-is that why you've been hesitating to ask my daughter's hand all this time?! You've already had someone behind your back?!" Mr. Kim speaks up in a loud gravely voice, making Taeyong's legs wobble for a slight second.

 

"B-but sir! Me and Taeyong have already been in love before marriage from both sides was even in discussion!" Jaehyun defends, raising Taeyong's curiousity and evidently impressed. 'He was really good at this.' Taeyong grinned mentally.

 

Yoona, Mr. and Mrs. Kim walked out of the restaurant with Yoona mostly in tears ruining her only pretty face, muttering incomprehensible unflattering words regarding Yoona's future which Taeyong couldn't care for at all.

 

"Son, we'll talk about this when you get home." Mr. Lee says sternly. Taeyong looks at his parents with ease, breathing out and yet holding back still with anxiousness.

 

Taeyong was surprised to see his mom smile at him genuinely before panicking and chasing after his father. His mom was usually supportive of all he did but he thought she would be completely against the thought of her child not being married to Yoona.

 

Once all Yoona, his and her parents were out of the gold laden doors and after a few glances from the staff and guests. Taeyong swore he felt his lungs expel the entire planet's oxygen in one second. Huffing for his life as if he was dying from nerves. Which, to his defense, felt like it.

 

"That was close. Too ing close." Taeyong mutters, hand on top of Jaehyun's shoulders and leaning on his knees as if exhausted from running.

 

"Thanks for the help man, appreciate it." Taeyong looks up to Jaehyun the waiter smiling.

 

But the face he was greeted with was not smiling to say the least.

 

His wrist was grabbed in flight and Taeyong was dragged like paper throughout the restaurant to the kitchen tk the washers to the lockers until they reached the back lot where the cars of the staff were parked.

 

Jaehyun pulls and throws Taeyong's wrist onto the asphalt and he crosses his arms in a questioning look that had felt like his eyes were burning through Taeyong's soul. 'He's scary' Taeyong noted, the tall man's brown orbs boring holes through his body with his eyesight.

 

"What is it?!" Taeyong asks while twisting his arms that turned red from Jaehyun's tight grip. Jaehyun in turn, started to look scarier, eyes widening and fists turning redder that blood could leak from his milky pale white skin.

 

"What the hell just happened back there?!"