#2 HappySouthththDay

Post It

tittle: HappySouthththDay
pairing: NamSong
rating: PG13
summary: Taehyun knew Mino would forget about his birthday anyway so he decided their own date

 


#HappySouthththDay

 

 

 

"Hyung," Taehyun barged into the room. He saw Mino lying on his bed, wrapped in a blanket, probably taking a nap. He dropped himself on the man, earning a groan from the other. He playfully whined to the him, "Hyuungg," he called, "Wake up. Taehyunnie is bored."

He felt two strong arms circled around his waist. "Taehyunnie?" Mino's voice was deeper and cracked because of sleep. He managed to open his eyelids to look at the pouty man on top of him.

Taehyun's cheeks were pink when he noticed he used aegyo. But it was a special day to him, he felt like being extra annoying that day. He was sure Mino wouldn't mind anyway. He nodded. "Taehyunnie is bored."

Mino chuckled. He kissed Taehyun's forehead. "Then what does Taehyunnie want to do?"

"Taehyunnie want to eat baby dinosaur," he replied, pouting.

"...what?"

Taehyun laughed at his reaction. "This," he took out his smartphone and unlocked it, showing the blog he had been reading to his lover.

Mino rubbed his eye while reading the blog. He scrolled down lazily and frowned at the sight of a dinosaur egg, which he almost believed was the real one. But he noticed that it was made from chocolate. Amused, he scrolled down, seeing someone lifting a hammer they usually used to eat crabs. Apparently, they hit the fake egg, cracking it open to see a small chocolate dinosaur sitting on top of a scoop of ice cream. It looked interesting and delicious, something Mino knew would trigger the childish side of Taehyun.

"Please?" Taehyun tilted his head, blinking cutely at the other.

Smiling, Mino answered, "Sure."

Taehyun brighten up at his approval. "Really?"

"Yes," Mino made a sly grin, "only if you give me kisses." He puckered his lips playfully.

Smiling, Taehyun put away his phone. He cupped Mino's face and leaned in for a kiss or two.

 

#

 

The both of them fixed the face masks and hoodies they were wearing. It was a simple disguise in order to not get noticed by their fans – dark hoodies, face masks, even no glasses specs. Walking closely beside each other, they headed down the street, searching for the said café while playfully bumping into each other.

Taehyun glances at Mino's hands which were stuffed inside his hoodie’s pockets. He frowned a bit – not that Mino would see since he covered almost his entire face. Just like any other couple, Taehyun wished he could hold the other's hand, maybe clinging to his arm sometimes. But he understands they were in public and two guys holding each other's hands were rare among Korean people. They don't want to attract so much attention.

As if he could sense Taehyun's sudden mood drop, Mino suddenly gripped the younger's hand.

"What, hyung-," Taehyun tried to protest, though he was reluctant to let go of the warm hand.

Grinning under the face mask, Mino pulled Taehyun into a crowd of people. People were pushing each other and Taehyun keep muttering sorry. Their hands almost lose their grip on each other along the way, so Taehyun had to tighten his grip, feeling the older one pulling him out of the crowd.

"What's that for?" Taehyun hissed, stumbling a bit but managed to grab onto Mino's arm before falling.

"Aigo, my clumsy baby," Mino chuckled, holding Taehyun.

He felt his cheeks flared at that.

"And I did that because I want to hold your hand," Mino let go off Taehyun once he's standing properly. He pinched the younger's nose affectionately.

Taehyun looked away shyly. "I-I see," he stuttered.

Mino stared at the younger, knowing how red his face would look like. He found it cute that Taehyun was still shy to everything despite the fact they had been dating for a few years now. He wished he can pull down the masks and kiss him, but too bad they need to be careful with their identities.

Laughing softly, Mino drapes his arm over Taehyun's shoulders, pulling him closer. Automatically, Taehyun wrapped an arm around Mino's waist.

"I think that's the place we're searching for," Mino pointed at an almost hidden café, still having their lights on even though it's getting late at night.

They walked closer to the store, peeking at the menu. They saw 'Dinosaur Egg Bingsu' and immediately knew they were at the right place.

"Go find a seat," Mino patted Taehyun's shoulder. "I'll go buy our food."

Taehyun nodded and went inside the café, finding a hidden place to sit. It was hidden enough for him to take off his hat and mask. He ran his hand through his hair as he glanced at his watch. Two more hours until his birthday. He smiled to himself. Judging my Mino's attitude today, it was obvious the man had forgotten about it. It wasn't the first time. He remembered he was so pissed about it before but now, he just thought it's more energy conserving if he just let it go. That man doesn't even remember his mother's birthday – his mother, whom he loved so much, probably more than he love Taehyun – so, Taehyun decided to just make a birthday date on his own.

Mino balanced the tray with their orders carefully. He even bought two slices of cakes for them since they’re selling Taehyun’s favourite flavours. He went to the hidden part of the café, knowing fully well his lover liked to sit at hidden places. He found him, staring at the wall. When the younger saw him, he gave a beautiful smile, showing his bunny teeth.

Mino couldn’t help but to smile back. He went to sit beside him, putting orders on the table. “There you go,” He said, taking off his face mask while doing so.

Taehyun’s eyes twinkled in excitement at the sight of the Dinosaur Egg Bingsu, even his eyebrows perched up. “This is so cool.”

“Yeah.” Mino held the hammer. “Lemme hit it.”

“No!” Taehyun snatched the hammer from Mino’s hand, playfully frowned at him. “It’s my dinosaur, let me do it.”

Mino rolled his eyes. “Fine, go on.”

Taehyun grinned again. He thought of something funny before he focussed back on the egg. “Since this is the birth of a new life, we should sing happy birthday.”

“What?”

“Happy birthday to you,” Taehyun sang, “Happy birthday to you,” he lifted the hammer.

Mino chuckled, propping at elbow on the table and rest his chin on his palm, smiling at the Taehyun’s humour.

“Happy birthday to the-baby-dinosaur-I’m-going-to-eat,” he cracked the egg with the hammer, a mischievous glint on his eyes.

“Ruthless,” Mino commented.

“Happy birthday to you,” he picked the little chocolate dinosaur and took a bite. “Hmm!” He hummed in delight, tasting the chocolate which melted on his tongue.

Mino clapped, playing along. He laughed. “Is it nice?

Taehyun nodded, “It is.” He held Mino’s chin with one hand, then feed him the half eaten dinosaur with the other.

Playfully, Mino bit on Taehyun’s finger lightly.

The younger felt his cheeks flared at the tease. “Yah, we’re in public.”

Mino shrugged, the last bit of chocolate on his finger before letting go. He his lips, “it’s tasty.”

Taehyun felt his ears turned red. He looked back at the bingsu, muttered how stupid Mino is before eating it.

Mino was laughing at the younger when he received a text message from their leader.

 

KangNag:
Did you bring Taehyunnie on a birthday date? How cute ^^ bring him home before midnight. We got a surprise ready.

 

Birthday…? Mino gasped in realization. He looked up the calendar in his phone, noticing he did marked 10 May as ‘Taehyunnie’s Birthday’ and it’s 9 May that day. He cursed under his breath. He should’ve marked on the 9th instead.

Did Taehyun set this up to test if he remembered? If he did, Mino is dead. Dead.

He looked back at Taehyun whom were busy eating his bingsu with a happy grin. The younger paused when the coldness kicked in, shutting his eyes tightly and scrunched his face in a cute way.

Mino would’ve laugh, like he always does when the younger acted cutely. But he didn’t. So Taehyun turned his focus to him. Mino had a sad look on his face. “What’s wrong?”

Mino sighed, “I’m sorry.” He looked down, pouting a bit.

 “Hm? Why? Your coffee ?” Taehyun furrowed his droopy eyebrows upwards in worry. Mino wanted to his thumbs over those cute eyebrows but he held it back.

“I forgot your birthday, didn’t I?” He chuckled nervously.

Taehyun smiled amusedly, “Yeah, you did.”

“You aren’t mad?” Mino was confused. At the back of his foggy memory, he remembered Taehyun being so mad at him for forgetting his birthday last year, he even cried. The sight of his lover crying made his heart clench.

“Not really,” Taehyun circled his arms around the older’s neck mindlessly, still smiling softly at the other. “I think I understand that you just at remembering dates. You forgot out anniversary the other day too.”

Mino flushed in embarrassment. “Sorry, Taehon,” he sighed. He wrapped an arm around Taehyun’s waist, pulling Taehyun closer.

They shared a short, chaste kiss before pulling away. Taehyun rested his head on the Mino’s shoulder, with a dreamy look on his face. “My real birthday is tomorrow anyway,” he chuckled, pecking Mino’s jaw.

“Sorry…” Mino sighed.

“It’s okay, hyung,” Taehyun smiled, “As long as you’re here. I’m okay.”

Mino pouted, feeling that it isn’t good enough. “I already have your present though,” Mino tapped Taehyun’s nose lightly, enjoying the way Taehyun fluttered his eyes in surprise.

“What is it?”

“Let’s finish our food then head home, hm?”

“Heol. Okay.”

 

#

 

Later that night, after the little date they both missed and a messy surprise by their members, the both of them settled on the bed they shared for a few months now.

(The members were uncomfortable with them sharing a room because “I don’t want to hear you guys doing the nasty every night.” However, recently they were caught sneaking to each other’s rooms and they managed to make a stupid contract on ‘no funny business while the members are around’ which they all agreed upon. Honestly, Taehyun found this stupid since they’re too busy or too tired to do anything anyway – and they do try to not make any noise...it was hard for them but…well…)

“Taehyunnie, c’mere,” Mino called, gesturing the maknae to sit on the bed beside him.

“Hm?” Taehyun looked at him after wearing his boxers. He just finished showering.

Mino tried not to stare at his thighs for too long. He cleared his throat. “You don’t want your birthday present?”

Taehyun beamed. “Oh? What is it?” He was already beside Mino in one second mark.

Mino chuckled, “Close your eyes,” he instructed and the younger followed obediently. “Don’t open until I said so, okay? No peeking.”

Taehyun nodded.

Mino grinned before wearing the cat onesie he found on Taehyun.

“What’s this?” Taehyun’s voice trembled, “Did you buy something ?”

Laughing, Mino replied, “You wish.” He carefully buttoned the outfit, pulling the hoodie over Taehyun’s head.

Taehyun hold the hoodie, touching the soft ears on it curiously.

Mino leaned in and gave his lips a short kiss. “You can open your eyes now.”

Taehyun’s eyes fluttered open. He looked at the onesie he was wearing then blushes furiously. “You-“

Mino managed to catch his hand before it hit him. “What? It suits you,” he laughed.

Feeling embarrassed, he groaned and his hid red face on Mino’s broad chest.

“You said you wanted new pyjamas. So I bought the warmest one. You get cold too easily.” Mino lets go of Taehyun’s hands to cup the younger’s face. He looked at the flustered face, smiling. “Cute,” he nuzzled their noses together affectionately.

“ert,” he hit Mino’s arm lightly, and then pulling him by his shirt for a kiss.

 

#

 

 

 

 

 

 

author x: I cringed so much omg. It's our first request by namnammie! Thank you! I hope I didn't disappoint you lol. Anyway, happy birthday to our maknae, Nam Taehyun!