Chapter 6

The Pretty Trauma(hiatus)

I peeked through the door, making sure no one was up yet. I sneaked over to the bathroom. As I walked inside, I saw myself in the mirror .

“Red…”
I had cried myself to sleep last night, again. My train of thought was interrupted when my stomach growled. I stole some mouth wash to “brush” my teeth and quickly left the house to grab some food. The morning breeze brushed against my skin. It felt soothing. Everything was quiet, serene.

“Cold early morning wind makes me even more lonely today I feel empty like I am empty,” I sang.

It was my favorite song. It perfectly described my state right now (well, except for the popularity part). I was lonely. Something made me lonely: him.  It felt as if there was a hole in my heart. He helped fill that hole, and now that he was gone, the hole came back. I quickly reached the convenience store. The store was still open.

“Thank god,” I muttered to myself.

I stepped into the store. All sorts of food were displayed in front of me. I felt my mouth salivating. I haven’t eaten in days. He didn’t provide me with any food. I walked through the aisles.

“Isn’t this Shin Ramen?! Wait, isn’t that string cheese?! They had smoked string cheese?! I was never informed of this!”
I looked around. Yep, the cashier was staring at me… I was about to approach the cashier when I remembered, I didn’t have ny money on me.

“Seriously, Hoshi. Did you just forget that you escaped from a mad person?! How could you have money?”
I was just about to give up and return when a hand patted me on the back. I jumped and turned around.

“Hey Hoshi.”

I backed away. His scent was on him too.

“Do you remember me? I’m Mingyu.”
He held out his hand. I think he wants me to shake it, but I refrained from doing so. He was related to him. That was the only reason why he had his smell on him. I backed away again, but he constantly walked towards me.

“Stay away. I don’t like you.”
“Did I do something to make you scared of me?”
I was just about to reply when my stomach growled.

“Hahaha. Let's talk about this after we buy you some food.”

I gave up. I wanted food so badly. At this point, I didn’t care about him anymore. Food was all my mind could think about.

“Thanks,” I muttered.

Even if this Mingyu boy was related to him, I still needed to say thanks. Manners are manners. I quickly gobbled down the food that was placed in front of me.

“Thanks for the food,” I said as I placed my chopsticks down.

“You must’ve been hungry,” Mingyu said as he nibbled on his granola bar.

I tried to avoid him by excusing myself to use the restroom every five minutes. When I came back, he grabbed my wrist. I yelped in pain. My mind instantly the flip to self-defense mode. I turned around and grabbed Mingyu by the arm. I quickly flung him over my shoulder, making face the floor. I backed up. I was panting. Sweat was rolling off my forehead. He reminded me of him. His eyes, his mouth, his voice, but he wasn’t him at the same time. I heard an audible groan coming from Mingyu and I started to run. I was still in a terrible state; therefore, I tripped with every few steps I took. I gasped for air. I lacked stamina, more like, I wasn’t prepared to run. I followed where my feet took me, but they took me to the wrong area. I was back at their house. I could hear audible voices from the house.

“Has anyone seen Hoshi or Mingyu? They are both missing!”
“What?!”
I couldn’t bring myself to go back there. I just flung one of their members. As I was about to make the worst choice ever, the door opened.

“There you are!”
I faced the voice. If I wasn’t wrong, he was Vernon.

“Where have you been? We have been looking for you.”
“Vernon, did you find him?”
“Yeah, I found Hoshi, Wonwoo.”
The boy named Wonwoo came out with tousled hair. I backed away. Why does everyone in this house have his scent?! It seems my body’s only reaction to his scent is to back away. I ran in the direction of the hill, the place where he lived…

========================================================================

Watashino here! I am currently working on my other story so please look forward to that. Please continue to read this story. Please comment on this story. Have a nice day!