Questions With No Answers

That One Night [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NINE

Ten wasn’t quite sure why his heart was beating this fast. He was quite sure that events involving Johnny were at fault, but now when his heart was still crazily jumping in his chest when he was already out of danger zone... He was in danger – much bigger one. Being this close to Taeyong after what felt like eternity, this close proximity made him realise just how much willpower and energy it took for him not to think about other all the time, not to run after him and jump into his arms.

At that moment Ten could feel how stiff and uncomfortable Taeyong was. He didn’t hug him back and that hurt... Ten let his arms slip back to his sides and stepped back awkwardly, unable to look at the other. However, if he did, he might have seen how Taeyong tried to fight his real emotions. His eyes were glossy as he was looking down at Ten, who was now playing with his fingers, his chest heaving up and down at a quick pace.

“Sorry.” Ten uttered inaudibly, still looking everywhere else.

Taeyong looked at Ten, shaking his head. “Don’t-“ Whatever he was about to say was cut off when someone suddenly burst into the room. Taeyong was met with his father's angry scowl. Taeyong could put two and two together – his dad already heard everything. His stomach knotted even more when he discerned his father’s gaze slowly shifting towards Ten who just stood there frozen like a statue. Ten didn’t have an idea that the man who burst in was Taeyong's father, and well, by what Taeyong was told by now, Ten's father as well.

“What did I tell you about not seeing him?!” He shouted at the top of his lungs. His face getting red from anger.

Ten took a step back, he was startled by the sudden outburst. He could make out that this was obviously Taeyong's dad, but what made him breathless was that by the sound of it, it wasn’t exactly Taeyong’s choice to cut the ties with him.

When the boy didn’t reply anything, Ten could see his dad walking over to him, and slapping Taeyong hard across his cheek. Taeyong didn’t even wince after. As if he was used to it already. Ten didn’t know why, but he had that weird feeling that maybe, maybe he was the one who was beating him up... no, that couldn’t be. What parent would do such thing to their own child?

Ten decided to step up, Taeyong already has done a lot for him today. It was time repay the dept...

“Sir, it’s not his fault, he just tried to save me-“ Ten said and the moment those dark eyes landed on him, he knew better than to keep talking.

Instead of another outburst, Taeyong’s father closed his eyes and took a deep breath. As he opened his eyes, he looked back at Ten, who didn’t move at all in that short moment which seemed like an eternity to him. “It doesn’t matter why he did it, but what is important that he doesn’t give a damn about what I tell him, Ten.”

“Come on.” He nudges Taeyong towards the door.

Ten only stands there, not knowing what to do. He is in no position to oppose Mr. Lee. But he was also way too shocked at the fact that said man knew his name. Did Taeyong ever mention him at home? Or has he done background check on him? When Ten snapped out of his thoughts few seconds later, he was already alone in the bathroom. His hands started to get sweaty, all he hoped for was that Taeyong would be safe, that his father won’t harm him in any way.

No, he cannot just wait for the results of this matter. He was the reason why Taeyong got into trouble and he will be one to solve it, whether Mr. Lee likes it or not. He was already at the door, prepared to run after the one boy he loves, but is instead met with his mother, who looked startled when he suddenly bumped into her at the door.

“Mom!” Ten exclaimed, equally shocked to see his mom. Well, he could have expected it, when Taeyong’s father knew about the matter, his mother wasn’t any slower to get there.

“Are you alright? What happened? I heard that-“ She started to examine her son, who only shook her off as gently as he could.

“Mom, I don’t have time for this now, I need to find Taeyong-“ Ten said and walked away.

What he didn’t expect was his mother to catch up to him. “Taeyong as in the one who saved you just now?”

Ten only nodded as he was looking for Taeyong.

“Did he leave already?” His mother asked, surprised.

Ten’s brows furrowed as he glanced to his mother. “I’d say it was more like he was dragged away by his father.” Ten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter