Hiding Behind the Mask - That's the Real Me

That One Night [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

TWO

Ten stirred from his sleep, when he heard a loud shriek. He didn’t know why someone would want to wake him up in such manner. His head was pounding as a result of drinking too much alcohol the night before, and the fact that someone was being loud didn’t help. Upon opening his eyes, he was met with the bright rays of sun that made him blind for a few seconds, until his eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness. When he finally discerned Jaehyun standing at the door, looking shocked, disgusted and even angry – he didn’t understand why at first, but then when he felt a movement right next to him, he realised that there was arm draped around his torso, holding him down. When Ten looked over at the owner of the limb, he knew that his expression wasn’t much different from Jaehyun’s . He knew it right then that those blonde hair were not a good sign, but there was still some hope, maybe it wasn’t that devil who made his life a living hell. However when Ten propped himself up and pushed the hair away from the other’s face, his heart dropped. No hope would help him at that moment, as Taeyong was sleeping peacefully in Ten’s bed. Bad came to worse when Ten realised that Taeyong was not only sleeping in his bed with his arm all over Ten, but to his disgust, blonde boy was .

‘’How did this happen?’’ Jaehyun ran over to Ten’s bed and pulled the blanket away, revealing two bodies pressed against each other. ‘’Ten, how could you?’’ Jaehyun was at loss for words as he watched Ten suddenly jerk away from Taeyong, falling down from the bed with a loud thud.

‘’I don’t know-‘’ Ten mumbled as he stood up hurriedly, snatching the blanket from his friend’s hands to cover himself up. ‘’I don’t remember… what. Did we..?’’ Ten was clutching at his head now, trying desperately to remember the event from the previous night, but it was to no help. All he remembered was drinking at karaoke, then only some bits and pieces from the dorm. How Taeyong laid him on the bed – kissed him. ‘’Oh gosh-‘’ Ten let out and fell to his knees. That was when the other blonde boy who was still sleeping until now stirred. His eyes widened when he saw Jaehyun with an expression of a murderer glancing down at him, boring holes into his skull. Taeyong quickly sat up, and grabbed the first thing he’s gotten his hands at to cover himself. When he covered his most sensitive area with a pillow, his eyes shifted from Jaehyun to Ten, who looked like a mess. His hair was similar to Taeyong’s own, all over the place. His face was pale, with tears trickling down his cheeks.

‘’What-‘’ Jaehyun rasped. ‘’- have you done to him?’’

Taeyong lifted his gaze to look at Jaehyun again. He palmed his face, and exhaled to compose himself. He didn’t expect to face Ten’s friend first thing in the morning. ‘’I will explain-‘’ Taeyong said loud and clear, his voice still a little husky.

‘’What is there to explain? You used him!!’’ Jaehyun shouted, making Ten wince.

Taeyong stood up from the bed and quickly grabbed his clothes from the floor. Pulling on his pants, he walked over to the door, opening it.

‘’Is this who you are? ing innocent boys, ruining their life and then just walking away-’’ Jaehyun was furious, he won’t let that bastard ruin Ten anymore, he’s done enough bad things to him.

Taeyong sighed and glared back at Jaehyun, making him shut-up immediately. No matter how brave Jaehyun tried to act, fact was that he was scared of Taeyong. Blonde boy was too hard to get back at. ‘’No. You’re the one who’ll walk away. NOW.’’ Taeyong said in a low voice, opening the door wider, gesturing Jaehyun to walk out. Younger however stood in his spot, not moving. ‘’Why are you still there?’’

Jaehyun looked over to Ten, who was watching the two of them. Ten looked up at Jaehyun smiling faintly as if to reassure the younger that he’ll be fine. ‘’Go. I can handle it.’’

With a heavy heart, Jaehyun in the end walked out of the room. But he stopped at the door to pin Taeyong with an angry glare. ‘’If you hurt him… I’ll find you.’’

 

 

 

 

Silence was stretching for too long, it was unbearable. For both of them. Taeyong looked over at Ten, who was sitting on the bed now with blanked still covering his whole body, while Taeyong sat on the chair behind Ten’s desk.

Taeyong looked at Ten, who was looking onto a wall opposite him. He felt sorry, that he made Ten like this, he looked miserable, he couldn’t imagine how the boy must feel. ‘’About last night…’’ Blonde boy finally spoke up.

These words has gotten Ten’s attention as he carefully landed his eyes on the other. ‘’It was a mistake.’’ Ten l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter