A Drunk Mind Speaks a Sober Heart

That One Night [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ONE

It was sunny day and just like any other days, Ten would sit in the library reading a book, from time to time dozing off from the lack of sleep. Constant studying lead him to having dark bags under his eyes, his body in general changed in a ways he never thought it would. He lost too much weight since he came to Korea. Not only because he got too much stress from being in an unknown territory, but also because there were some people who believed that making his life miserable will make theirs a heaven on Earth.

There was this boy who’s name Ten didn’t even say out loud. Why? Simply because in his case, even walls had ears and mentioning that guy would bring trouble – most definitely. Ever since he joined and said boy laid his eyes on him, there was no way Ten would be able to run away from the harsh words that were being thrown at him. Why would that guy do that? Simply, Ten didn’t really belong anywhere. He was foreigner, had no friends – except for one boy who befriended him in the beginning. Ten was, simply put, nobody in that boy’s eyes.

‘’Oi, what are you reading?’’ Said the voice, and Ten couldn’t help himself but jerk away, just because he was used to doing it. Looking above himself, he saw a boy, not much older than himself, with bleached white hair, pair of naughty eyes. If Ten didn’t know better, he would think that the boy looked like a total angel with his heavenly looks – but not everything is the way it seems.Ten stood up from his seat behind the table to walk away, but was pushed back to sit by the other. Pulling at a chair next to ten, blonde haired boy flopped down in the seat next to Ten and managed to almost burn holes in Ten’s head just with the intensity of his stare.

‘’What do you need?’’ Ten asked without looking at the other, aimlessly turning page after page in the book he was reading. Actually, doing anything else would be better than sitting there in the quiet library with this jerk.

Blonde boy rubbed his neck and shifted his gaze elsewhere, when he realised that he made Ten uncomfortable. ‘’Just wanted to say hi.’’

Exhaling loudly, Ten slammed the book close and stood up. When he looked at the other boy from above, it gave him feeling of inferiority – which he usually never had. ‘’Now I can go since you already did.’’ With that, he walked away, leaving the blonde boy sit there alone.

 

 

 

‘’How was your exam today?’’ Ten was greeted by a cheery voice once he entered his room. He shared it with Jaehyun, the boy who he befriended. The only one whom he befriended. These days, he was rather happy that there was at least someone to hear him out.

‘’Good,’’ Ten puffed out as he flumped down on his bed, his backpack being thrown carelessly on the floor right next to his bed. ‘’Exam was no problem.’’ Ten palmed his face and then turned his head to face Jaehyun who was eagerly waiting for some kind of thrilling news – and just then Thai boy started to talk his heart out. ‘’That -face came to look for me again.’’

Jaehyun ran right over to the bed opposite his own and sat down next to the other. ‘’He hurt you enough two weeks ago. What now?’’ Jaehyun asked and sneaked his arm around his friend’s shoulder.

‘’He said he just came to say hi.’’ Ten rolled his eyes at the stupid excuse the blond boy gave. ‘’I’m one hundred per cent sure that if I didn’t get away, he would shower me with many more insults…’’ Thai boy trailed off as he recalled his last encounter with the boy, two weeks ago. Since then, he tried all he could to never come across him. He changes his usual plans so that he would never be found at the places where he would usually spend time.

‘’You’re just a piece of a trash…. wait no! Actually you’re ten pieces of trash.’’ That evil laughter rang in his ears until now.

‘’Can’t he at least let you breathe? Gosh.’’ Jaehyun shook his head at the stupidity of some people. ‘’Don’t worry about it, eventually he will stop…’’

Ten nodded his head.

Eventually.

But when?

Lee Taeyong has been making his life miserable for the past two years, and it never came to a stop.

 

 

 

‘’You seriously mean it that you won’t go there just because that idiot would be coming too?’’ Jaehyun asked as he was pulling a grey jumper over his head. He checked himself in a full-length mirror afterwards, clearly judging his outfit for the night.

Ten who was sitting on his bed reading a book only raised his eyes to look at the other. ‘’I already told you million times that I won’t go there.’’ Ten rolled his eyes and shifted his attention back to the book.

Jaehyun flopped down next to Ten, leaning his head on his shoulder. Pout on his face almost made Ten laugh, but he kept a straight face. ‘’Firstly, you told me only twice, and secondly – you should enjoy your life.’’

‘’Yeah, I should be enjoying my life. But thanks to someone-‘’ Ten tried to complain further but Jaehyun didn’t let him.

Raising his head from other’s shoulder, he looked Ten in the eyes. His brows were furrowing when he didn’t get any attention from the other as he was still reading. ‘’You know, if you let him ruin your life, it will never change.’’ Jaehyun hopped of the bed effortlessly and reached his hand out, snatching Ten’s book away. ‘’You should show him, that yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter