The Thing We Once HAD in Common

That One Night [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 1, 2016

Happy Taeyong day!! :)

I would really like to thank his parents for bringing him into this world. :) 
Happy Birthday to our little munchkin and also happy reading to you all! :) xoxo

 

FOUR

It seemed like Ten should get used to his new alarm clock. He was woken up once again when he heard a high pitched squealing voice of his roommate.

Ten’s eyes cracked open in a second. He frantically looked around only to find out that Jaehyun was nowhere to be seen. His bed was empty, sheets on the floor. Total mess, usual for his friend. Right then Jaehyun ran out of the bathroom, his face red. Hard to say whether it was red from anger or embarrassment. Ten decided to go with the second option when he eyed Taeyong who ran out right after him. He was wearing only his jeans, so Ten could relate to Jaehyuns reaction. His own wasn’t much different.

“Listen.” Jaehyun threw disgusted look to his roommate. “I don’t wish to know how he ended up in our room and I certainly don’t want to know what the two of you did in my presence, while I was innocently sleeping... but make sure he’s out sooner than the head of the dorms comes to check.” He turned to leave but stopped in his tracks. “Actually sooner than I will come back.” With that he left the room. Leaving other two boys together in an awkward silence.

Right that instant as the door closed behind Jaehyun, Ten threw a glare at Taeyong. His expression softened few seconds later as he took in bruised face of the boy. There were new ones, what meant that something happened between that time during night when Ten knocked on the door and yesterday afternoon when Ten saw him for the last time.

“What happened to you?” Ten let out, in a quiet voice.

“Nothing.” Taeyong snapped.

Ten heaved a sigh and rolled his eyes. “Yeah, nothing usually happens and some people are suddenly pregnant, have AIDs or get beaten up...”

Taeyong widened his eyes at Ten. “Don’t tell me you’ve got AIDS?!”

“What are you asking? How would I have...?” Ten tried to protest but failed when he realised that they indeed slept together therefore Taeyong could have these kinds of thoughts. Well, even though Ten doesn’t remember a thing and he doesn’t  even know whether any protection was involved, he was sure as hell he was not ill in any kind of way. Taeyong was his first, yet he didn’t want to defend himself and reveal that much to him, at least not yet. He was more afraid about Taeyong though, was he safe?

Upon seeing Ten’s expression, older boy quickly added. “I was just joking. Honestly. You’ve been joking too before.” He came to stand in front of the Thai boy and hugged him. “I never doubted you.” Taeyong whispered. He pulled back and looked at Ten’s face. He looked rather shaken up by the hug.

“Oh.” Ten let out. “Come on.” He said and grabbed older’s hand, dragging him towards the bathroom again.

“What are you-“ Taeyong tried to protest but Ten only pushed him down to sit on the edge of the bathtub.

“Shut your mouth. Doesn’t it hurt to talk that much?” Ten scoffed and turned to rummage through the cabinet above the sink.

Taeyong shook his head. “I always talk that much, it’s just you always ran away in the middle of my speech.”

Ten turned around to face Taeyong and palmed his face. “I mean because of those bruises...”

“Ah, that.” He started to play with his finger, unable to look at Ten.

“You’re really not telling me?” Ten crouched down in front of Taeyong. He reached up to one of many bruises on Taeyong’s face. He gently put on ointment, but it still must have been painful because Taeyong (even though he tried really hard not to) hissed every now and then. He was looking at Ten’s face while the other tried to put ointment on every bruise he could.

“It’s cooling.” Taeyong stated in a whisper.

“Yeah, it should help.” Ten gave him a small smile despite feeling totally different, totally disgusted by seeing such a beautiful face getting a beating. When he looked lower at Taeyong’s torso, he realised it wasn’t only his face that was bruised. They were all over his body. Whoever did this, wasn’t a human, rather a monster with no heart. Little did the Thai boy know that it was Taeyong’s own father who did that. And even less did both of them know what the real reason was... “So... care to enlighten me why you came here in the middle of the night?”

Taeyong held other’s gaze for a while as if he was still deciding but he shook his head in the end. “No reason. I guess I j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter