Part Four

Radio Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is no intensity of love or feeling that does not involve the risk of crippling hurt. It is a duty to take this risk, to love and feel without defense or reserve

 

The room was dim light and silent when the clock ticked midnight, the moonlight pouring through onto the room just beneath the window. It was Saturday night. Most people are enjoying their weekend. But it's not with Myungsoo. There is no time for that useless thing. He has dedicated his life for work, nothing else. Furthermore, there are some deadline that need to be done. Maybe he indeed a hard worker, but maybe work is not only his reason. Maybe he was avoiding from his other life. Suddenly his mind was flashed back to the man that he saw this afternoon. The brave man with his dog who had saved a child. They really remind him as the super hero character on the movie.

"Hope his wound wasn't too bad."

The silence was broken as a small light suddenly shone from the phone, a vibrating sound humming through speaker, echoing in the night. Myungsoo glances at his phone for a while before grabbing it. A groan cursed out when he sew the caller ID "Crazy Moron", that's what he named Sungyeol.  Myungsoo put down his phone as he back to his work. But looks like the caller doesn't that easy to give up. It kept ringing for some minutes already. Myungsoo's  exhausted body resting on the leather chair behind him. Tapping the screen, he sighs.

"What do you want now? I don't have any strength to respond to your craziness right now. Don't disturb me anymore."

It's quite  strange, Myungsoo didn't like being disturbed, but he didn't avoid his call either. Seems something inside him pushing him to talk to Sungyeol. Maybe his heart is leading him to know Sungyeol more.

"Oh, gosh, your voice sounds so tired and stressed. What happen? Still at office?"

"None of your business. I have some deadline to be done." Myungsoo said coldly.

"Work is important  but don't force yourself too much. It's not good for your health, Myungsoo-ssi. It's weekend after all. You should enjoy your leisure time."

"I don't need you to lecturing me. If you that great, just tell my client to be nice then. They always want everything to be done perfectly in short of time. But I'm also a perfectionist man so I want to make sure everything in the best result. So I need to check on every detail by myself." Myungsoo unconsciously started to talk.

Whether he realise it or not, Myungsoo suddenly became so talkative that night. He started to blabber his day at work.

"It's good you have Ye Rim to help you, Myungsoo-ssi." Sungyeol commented.

"Yeah, even though that brat sometimes annoying, but she is a hard worker. She can handle the pressure quite well." Myungsoo chuckled.

"It's good that you have sibling who you can talk to. So, you won't feel lonely."  Sungyeol said, there's a little tiny sadness inside his words, but it needs someone who really sensitive to feel it. And up until now,  no one can catch that sadness.

"I feel a glimps of loneliness inside your voice. It's strange." Myungsoo said plainly.

Sungyeol gasped. How can he catch that sadness on his voice? He had tried to sound as cheerful as he could, and all this time his effort always success. No one knows about his loneliness, no one. Not even Woohyun. How a stranger like Myungsoo could feel him? They even have never met yet.

"Sorry, maybe I was too tired until I said unnecessary thing. How could a cheerful love doctor like you being lonely. You have a lot fans, you always sounds cheerful, your life must be so perfect. It's way so much different with me. So you can't understand me at all."

"You are wrong, Myungsoo-ssi. Sometimes what looks good doesn't always mean good. In some way, we are a bit similar." 

Sungyeol's words make Myungsoo rises his brows. "Similar? How?"

"Maybe I was known as cheerful Lee Love Doctor, but actually I'm a loner. That night, your word hit me right to my heart. You are right. I never falling in love and my life is . I don't have close friend. I don't have family. The only bestfriend that I have is Aga, my lovely dog."

There's a moment of silence between them. Myungsoo kept silent on his place, thinking. Is this the trick of the love doctor to app

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter