Two

Royal Fiancé

"Wa... Wait a minute...!" Wonwoo was now panicking. "You're completely mistaken. Me as a fiancé of a Royal Prince..." Wonwoo asked in disbelief. "Jisoo, take care of him." Mingyu demanded. "Understood." Jisoo bowed down before the prince. "Wait..." Wonwoo called but Mingyu looked at him harshly that startled Wonwoo. "Wonwoo-ssi, we need to change your outfit. You will be introduced to the members of the royal family." Jisoo stated as he accompany Wonwoo to dress up. 

 

'I just came here to work as a housekeeper... Why is this happening to me...!?'

Wonwoo was brought to the dining hall. 'That man must be the king...' Wonwoo thought as he saw a man who looked like the Royal prince. "This is another cutie... I see." Another man came towards Wonwoo. "Hello. I'm Seungcheol, Mingyu's uncle." The man introduced. "Your seat is this way." Seungcheol held Wonwoo's hand before dragging the poor boy into his seat.

 

"Sit here will you?" Seungcheol made sure that Wonwoo was sited comfortably before sitting beside the boy. "Well then... Junhui, you say hi to him." Seungcheol told the other guy who's keeping his stoic expression. "This is Junhui, Mingyu's big brother. They're from different mothers though." Seungcheol explained. 'This man somehow looks dignified.' Wonwoo thought as he glanced at the said man.

 

"How do I eat this...?” Wonwoo mumbled as look down on his food. "But does this mean Mingyu's crowning has been confirmed...?" Seungcheol asked sipping some wine. "It hasn't been decided yet. He can deny it just because he's stubborn. We'll never know what would happen on those days before the ceremony." The king explained. 'What...' "Uhm, what does it mean it hasn't been decided?" Wonwoo carefully asked and Seungcheol just smirked at him. "Ecuratol family's throne succession depends on the ability and authority that the sons of the royal family should fulfill. As an heir, Mingyu is the most suitable to be the next king. On top of it, possibly it's his grandfather who was decided on the one who's going to get married with Mingyu." Seungcheol explained. "That's why, the one who wants you to marry Mingyu no matter what is...  his grandfather." Seungcheol told Wonwoo. "Please enough with this private talk." Mingyu finally spoken up.

 

'...I see. So that's how it is...' Wonwoo gripped on his pants. "...But lately he turns out to be a whimsical old man. Like going all the way looking for a fiancé in Korea and so on..." The king stated. "He loves Korean, just like you father. Almost like a bird that can't go out of its cage." Mingyu chuckled that made Jisoo stiffen in his place. 'Is this how a family should be...?' Wonwoo wondered as he witnessed the royal family being different with each other.

'I'm tired... Too nervous to eat anything...' Wonwoo sighed. "What are you doing? Follow me, now." Mingyu commanded. "This is your room. Before they hold our wedding ceremony on the motherland, you should at least learn some manners." Mingyu stated as he showed the room to Wonwoo. 'Motherland, you mean...' "No please return me to the dorm...!" Wonwoo pleaded since he knows that he couldn't leave the country. "Where to? You should have been expelled from that school by now." Mingyu grabbed a bottle of wine from the table. "Since you'll have plenty of spare time, you must learn about our country. Ecuratan is a country known as the producer of the best wine in the world... and so the following legend exists." Mingyu started. "Somewhere in my country there's a beautiful tree shone with light. If a couple vows their love under the tree, it's said that they would forever be happy together.... Absurd don't you think?" Mingyu chuckled and Wonwoo could only keep his mouth shut. "Listen." Mingyu placed the wine back to the table. "Like what my grandfather told you, this is a contract. You want money and I want authority. So stop being an irresponsible lady by now." Mingyu started to walk and Wonwoo blushed at what he said.  "P... Please wait..." Wonwoo tried calling the prince but Mingyu already slammed the door closed. '...Such cold eyes. Almost like a complete different person...'

"Where are my father and the others?" Mingyu asked as he settled down on the couch. "They have returned to the motherland. Seungcheol-ssi is the only one left." Jisoo replied. "Prince Mingyu, I hope it is not presumptuous of me to say this.  But maybe Wonwoo-ssi truthfully has no clue about the whole engagement thing." Jisoo stated. Mingyu stood up to leave the room. "If you want to drink wine, please let me..." "No thanks." With that Mingyu was already out of the room.

 

"Hold it.  Who left this?" Mingyu asked the maid who passed in front of him with a tray of untouched foods.

"Such spacious courtyard...” Wonwoo was on the balcony to have some fresh air.  "Eeek!" Wonwoo shrieked when someone popped out in front of him. "Hi~~ I sneak out to come here." "Seungcheol-ssi?" Wonwoo blushed for letting out a girly shriek in front of a man.

 

"I'm worried because you look unhappy. Having a fight with Mingyu?" Seungcheol asked. "No, we're not..." Wonwoo mummbled. "He's such a complicated guy.  Mingyu's father, the present king, also had an arranged marriage by the elders command. But isn't it impossible to fall in love with a chosen partner?" Seungcheol started and Wonwoo listened carefully. "Eventually the queen ran to another man. While the king secluded himself with his lover and abandoned Mingyu. I was talking about Jisoo." Seungcheol continued. 'Ah...!?' "So... It means Mingyu-ssi knows everything about it and plans to do the same thing all over again?" Wonwoo asked as he brought his hand into his chest feeling his heart beats fast. 'I know we'll be unhappy.' "For the sake of being king... with me, he..." 'With someone he doesn't even love...' "I heard you're a money grubber kid." "Huh?" "But looks like they're somehow mistaken." Seungcheol stated as he looked at Wonwoo.

 

"What are you doing here?!" Mingyu suddenly appeared grabbing Seungcheol's shoulder.  "This is my finance’s room. Please leave this room at once." Mingyu gritted his teeth. "I was only dropping in on my way for a walk. Don't be so mad." Seungcheol explained. With that Seungcheol left leaving the two inside the room.

 

"I already told you. You're forbidden to commit stupid infidelity before an Imperial Consort's bridal entry into the court. If you're in a relationship with my uncle right now, this engagement will be cancelled. Mingyu stated, back facing the other. "I didn't plan to...!"

 

Mingyu pushed Wonwoo to the wall and slammed his hand beside the other's head.  "Or maybe you're planning on grabbing my uncle's money next?" 'Why?' "Don't forget you're bought with money into this Ecuratol family." Mingyu grabbed Wonwoo's wrists harshly. 'Wha.. ‘“You have no right to refuse." Mingyu place kisses on Wonwoo's neck. "Stop....  Stop it please...!” Wonwoo pleaded as he tried to push the man away. "No..." Mingyu Wonwoo's neck up to his chin. 'Mingyu's tongue is...' "How many men have you had with up 'till now? Start telling!" Mingyu grabbed Wonwoo's chin, holding on it. Wonwoo shivered at the contact and he's in the verge of crying. Mingyu placed a kiss on Wonwoo's earlobe before starting to Wonwoo's shirt. "Always pretending to be innocent. Were you the one leading them to bed?" Mingyu asked as he ped Wonwoo's pants, his hands travelling southward. "Ah...!" Wonwoo jolted at the touch. "Nooo...!!!" Wonwoo pushed Mingyu so hard that made the bottle of wine crashed on the floor. "Clean it up." Mingyu pushed Wonwoo and leave the boy alone, crying.

 

'...If I only knew it would turn out like this, it would be better if I've never met him....’ Wonwoo broke down.

 

Mingyu leaned on the wall outside, bringing up his hand into his hair.  "Prince Mingyu, I came here to bring Wonwoo-sii's dinner as ordered." The maid stated. "..He doesn't want it, throw it away." He ordered.

'What is a fiancé...?'

'What is a marriage without love?!!'


A/N: 2nd Chap. How is it?