One

Royal Fiancé

"Come now.” "Ah... "

 'Fiancé...? But I come to work as a housekeeper...'

 

'I wonder why... '

It all began... 2 days ago.

 

"They say the operation will be performed next week, auntie." Wonwoo started as he placed the flowers at the vase.  "Are you paying all the surgery charges, Wonwoo?  How will you get so much money...? "

 "I've found a nice part-time job and got an advance payment." Wonwoo held his auntie's hands. "So don't think too much about it, okay?” Wonwoo added. "But... ""Perhaps, it's some kind of a shady job?" Wonwoo got startled at his auntie's question. "Well, I’ll see you afterschool-""Jeon Wonwoo!" With that, Wonwoo escaped from his auntie.

 

Now...  Wonwoo live in the school dorm.  His parents suddenly ran away one night because of debts and he lost them. His old auntie, who is a cleaning lady at the dorm, paid all of his tuition fees. But suddenly she collapsed...  Because of his part-time job is a housekeeper. He has to quit school and get out of the dorm.

"There's no way I can tell her, right?" Wonwoo asked himself sighing. 'Besides it surely is suspicious... '

Flashback

Wonwoo was running some errands when he saw an old man looked lost so he decided to help. "Are you alright?" He asked.  The old man told him about his whereabouts and Wonwoo accompanied the old man.  "Young man." The old man started. "Accompanying me to a place this far, weren’t you on an errand?" The old man asked but Wonwoo just smiled at him.  "Please don't worry. Because we should help each other in times of trouble." Wonwoo replied.  "I know it's a bit old-fashioned. I'd like to ask a special favor from you... “The old man spoke and Wonwoo listened carefully. “Actually, an acquaintance of mine is looking for a house keeper. He would love it if someone like you comes to apply." The old man explained and Wonwoo tried to think about for some time.  "I guarantee you'll get an exceptionally good salary." The old man added.  "Well about that...  Can I have an advance payment?" Wonwoo asked skeptically.

"Was that old man trustworthy? Wasn't it a bit hasty?" Wonwoo's friend, Jihoon asked.  "I thought so, too, at first...  But I already received the money... “Wonwoo replied.  "So...  Are you really gonna quit school?" Jihoon asked.  "If not because of my auntie, I wouldn't be able to go to school up until now.  That's why I should pay her hospital charges in return." Wonwoo answered.  Jihoon could only look at his friend with a pity look. "Take it easy, Wonu Wonu. For me, it was like a story from another dimension." Jihoon tried to change the subject. "What the heck is that?" Wonwoo asked.

 

As the two continue to chat, a black Bugatti Chiron came in that caught many of the student's attentions including Wonwoo and Jihoon's. There came out a handsome young man that everyone would look up to. He is Kim Mingyu. A royal prince who is also the next king of a country named Ecuratan. 

 

The small country...  Floating on Mediterranean Sea...  A beautiful country that is surrounded by deep blue sea and their growing vines produce the best wine. A long time ago, Korea protected it from the neighboring country's attack, and as a result...  Friendship between both countries deepened...  And royal families have had the tradition of putting Korean names as their Surnames for generations.  And now the royal prince has come to study in Korea.

 

"I heard he's gonna get married this year." Jihoon stated. 'It's a foreign scent.' Wonwoo thought as the prince passed through them.  'Everything around him is sparkling.  Seems like a totally different atmosphere is flowing only around him...‘ Wonwoo admired the royal prince.

"Prince Mingyu." One of his guards spoken up. "Don't follow me." Mingyu tried to stop them but no avail. "We have no reason to do that." The other guard answered.  "Do you guys know what kind of person my fiancé is?" Mingyu asked. "No, no one knows yet." The guards shook their heads. "... Typical of that grandfather of mine." Mingyu chuckled. "Don't you think our country is not consistent? While I was busily praising love, the royal family decided on who'll be my wife." Mingyu started.  "What's the meaning of such a marriage?" He let out a sigh.  "Prince Ming-" "I'm sure tomorrow would be horrible but let me be alone now. Just for 10 minutes." Mingyu pleaded his guards before heading in the rooftop alone.

"Ro... Royal prince...!?" Wonwoo dropped his food from shock since he didn't know that the prince was also in the rooftop. "Ex...  Excuse me!!" Wonwoo tried to leave the prince.  "Wait." Mingyu stopped the other and he picked up the other's food. "Don't mind me, the time's up for me. This is your lunch, right?" Mingyu gave Wonwoo his food.  "Even if you say so." Wonwoo replied shyly.  'Such absorbing eyes... ‘Wonwoo was in awe as he stares at the prince's eyes. "Well...  I heard about your wedding plan. Congratulations." Wonwoo blurted out.  "Ex, excuse me for suddenly... “Wonwoo looked down blushing.  "...But I haven't met my marriage partner." Mingyu stated. "For someone who's going to be the next king, it's a requirement to marry a bride chosen by his predecessor. I don't even know whether it's a male or female." Mingyu added.  "Male...?" Wonwoo asked.  "Gender doesn't matter in our country." Mingyu explained.

"It has nothing to do with my mind also. I'm just following orders." Mingyu sighed before heading towards the exit.  "But I'll take your congratulatory words." "..Ah! Uhm..." Mingyu stopped and looked at the other.  "It will be alright. For someone like you they surely will choose a great person." Wonwoo encouraged. "... You're right." Mingyu ce again and head inside leaving Wonwoo alone.

"With this my job's done.  Gotta make it thoroughly clean." Wonwoo cleaned the dorm before leaving.  From now on he'll truly be alone... 'Certainly I'll never see him again.' Wonwoo sighed disappointedly. 

 

But then a car stopped in front of him.  "Mr. Jeon Wonwoo?" The male who came out from the car asked. "I'm Hong Jisoo, the secretary." The guy introduced. "I came to pick you up, please get in the car.  They have been waiting for you." Jisoo ushered Wonwoo inside the car. He doesn’t really understand, but it looks like he's going to a very rich family...

 

'A very neat person.' Wonwoo thought as he spare a glance at Jisoo.  "Well... I only know that the job is housekeeping. But... What kind of place is that house?" Wonwoo asked that made Jisoo looked at him confusedly. "Housekeeping? What are you talking about?" Jisoo asked.  "I'm sure we have paid you the engagement money yesterday." Jisoo stated.

 

'Engagement Money?'

"While in Korea, we are staying here. This is a historic building that has been used by our ancestors." Jisoo explained as he showed Wonwoo the house.  'What an enormous house.' Wonwoo thought as he walked along the corridor. "So they finally picked you up. How long were you planning to make me wait?" Wonwoo became frozen at his position as he heard the male whose back facing him spoke. Just when the other turned around. Both of them were shocked to see each other.

 

"You...“ Mingyu stare at the other.”... Never thought that we'd meet again. They didn't say I'll be working in such a place...“ Wonwoo stated as he looked at Mingyu.  "...When I heard this person asked to be paid in advance, I was looking forward to see what kind of person he is." Mingyu started. "...Now I do. You want to seduce me for the sake of money, huh?" Mingyu looked at him with anger.  'What?' "Oh, whatever. But at least you have to clean up and learn some etiquette. I can't introduce you to my father with that look of yours." Mingyu continued as he walked off.  "Uh...  What do you mean...?“ Wonwoo was trying to figure things out.  "As my fiancé at least you'll do these things." Mingyu looked back and stared at him. 

 

'I'M HIS FIANCE...!!?'


A/N: 1st Chap. Everyone. Any Comments or Reactions?