Final

Royal Fiancé

'When I was young... I made a vow. I would not love anyone and made someone else unhappy. I would never be like father who abandoned all of us.' "Why are you... doing something like this to me?" 'But...' "Mingyu-ssi..." "Didn't I tell you to call me Mingyu? Since you are now my wife you should be more intimate with me."Mingyu whispered at Wonwoo's ears as he continued to into Wonwoo's hole. "No... Stop... Mingyu... Please... stop this..." '...Right now, I am doing exactly the same thing as my father...'

 

A marriage that started from misunderstanding... A forced and deprived First Night. For these two people who keep hurting each other... A miraculous moment awaits!

"Wonwoo-ssi, I've brought you the outfit for tomorrow's banquet." Jisoo held the clothes. "Mingyu...?" Wonwoo asked as he buttoned up his shirt. "He's gone back to work. But... he's not in a good mood..." Jisoo replied. "It's my entire fault isn't it?" Wonwoo started. 'Even when our bodies are connected... I can feel that our hearts are separating farther and farther away... This is exactly what I fear for...' "There's nothing I can do... right? Just as I thought... We weren't supposed to go on with the wedding after all." Wonwoo sighed. "To become the King, the crown prince must marry the bride chosen by the previous king... it's the old custom, and there are times when it invites unhappiness." Jisoo started. "Prince Mingyu's father, before he became the present king... the previous king had chosen a fiancé for him. Even though I stood back and rejected, the present king wouldn't let me go." Jisoo continued and Wonwoo could only do is to listen.

 

"Prince Mingyu was born in the middle of such situation. Since he was young, he's used to see this and involves himself in the king's rivalry. Without anyone realizing it, he's become someone who cannot trust in other people. However... he's never blamed me... not even once. Me, who had sinfully, broke his family apart..." "Mister Secreta..." Wonwoo gasped when Jisoo kneeled and bowed in front of him. "So please... whatever happens, stay by his side..."

'Mingyu has given up a lot of things.' "Excuse me..."Wonwoo called knowing if someone was inside as he entered the royal library. “Wow... a lot of collections." He ran his eyes through those books before noticing the sleeping figure. 'Family, brother, friends, even his own happiness.' Wonwoo got closer to Mingyu who was sitting with his hand placed in his left cheek to support his head. Mingyu was asleep so Wonwoo kneeled beside the sleeping figure. 'Even though I have been abandoned by my parents and left all alone... I still got my auntie and a lot of friends. But Mingyu... Even when he is surrounded by a lot of people... He is all alone.'

...

"Nnh...” Mingyu woke up from his nap but he got shocked to see Wonwoo asleep with his head rested in Mingyu's legs. "What..." Mingyu stared at Wonwoo's face with sadness through his eyes. "...even though I have treated you very badly... Why are you still...?”

Ecuratan Royal Court Announcement Banquet. Many people from other royal and high class family came to the said banquet. "Amazing..." Wonwoo stared in awe as he saw how each person socialize with others. "Prince Mingyu." A guard came near to Mingyu whispering since Wonwoo's standing just beside Mingyu. "The chancellors who are targeting Wonwoo-ssi have arrived. We've restrained them and terminated the murder plan." The guard explained. Mingyu grabbed Wonwoo's hand and held him closer. "Wh...” "Don't leave my side!!" Mingyu stated and Wonwoo begun to blush at it. "Uhm... Can we go someplace to get some air?" Wonwoo asked feeling a little bit uneasy. "Are you feeling unwell?" Mingyu asked. "It's a little bit hot here." Wonwoo reasoned. 'Everybody is watching us.' "If that so... you can go to that terrace over there. Do not let anyone get close." "Yes."

...

"Uwaaa... So wonderful." Wonwoo admired the view; stars were brightly shining in the sky that light up the woods. 'Though he's raised in such a beautiful country... Mingyu always looks lonely.'

 

'I have a story for you.' 'Somewhere in this country, grows a legendary sparkling wine tree.'

'If you say a love vow under that tree, you will gain happiness forever.' 'Don't you think it's ridiculous?'

 

"He really is a Korean as the rumor says, but isn't he just an ordinary kid?" "What does the Previous King intend to do by choosing him?" Wonwoo was surrounded by three men whose faces were covered and they're starting to scare him. "Let's just hurry and finish him." "With this kid gone, the king's rivalry would begin all over again." 'These people are strange...' In a matter of seconds, Wonwoo was pushed and a knife came from the side, ripping the sleeve of his clothes. 'Wha...'

"Wonwoo!" Mingyu called as he got to the place where he leaves the other. "Where did he go...?” "Prince Mingyu! We have a situation." "..Jisoo." "A moment ago several people ran away to the forest. There's a chance they are the radicals who have been targeting Wonwoo-ssi..." Jisoo informed and Mingyu's eyes got widened. "Now...” 'This can't be...!' "..Find him! Lock down the palace!" Mingyu commanded. 'I definitely would not let this...!’

...

Wonwoo ran into the forest for his life, he was so scared. 'It seems I've managed to get away from them. But in the middle of darkness like this, what can I do?' "Ouch!" Wonwoo stumbled down, tripping on his feet. 'I shouldn't have been separated from him! Even though he had told me to do that. I am really useless after all... All I do is stand in his way!' Wonwoo cried silently, blaming himself.

...

"Wonwoo...!" At some part of the forest, Mingyu kept on looking for Wonwoo. He sends his guards on all different location to search for Wonwoo.

...

'I can't let myself be weak because of this. Because I... Definitely...' Wonwoo was panting as he walked step by step slowly until he discovered something glowing. 'A light...?! Is it from the palace?' With that Wonwoo ran towards the light but it was not from the palace. 'This tree... Is it the legendary tree..? I can't believe this really exists...’ Wonwoo stared at the glowing tree in awe. "Wonwoo...!" Wonwoo turned around and saw a panting Mingyu and he was quickly engulfed into a hug.

"...My heart feels as if it had been broken into pieces! Don't leave me ever again..!" Mingyu stated as he hugged Wonwoo tightly. '...Mingyu?' "..I'm so sorry...” "Have you been hurt? Just wait, the medical team will be here soon...” Mingyu cupped Wonwoo's cheek seeing if he's okay or not. 'His hand is hot and sweating.' Wonwoo brought his hands up and touch Mingyu's hands with his. "Won..." "I have decided..." 'You have worried about me.' "Until you can find someone you love, until you can find true happiness." 'You have been desperately searching for me. Even if it's the only reason... I can...' "Until that time comes, I will always stay by your side...”

 

"I... have... made an irreparable mistake. And when I realized it... I already made you unhappy because of my ego. I can't send you away anymore. But while you are gone, I finally admitted my own foolishness." Wonwoo's eyes suddenly got teary as Mingyu continued to speak. "Something that I don't want to lose more than anything is only you... Wonwoo." Mingyu kneeled with his left knee and right root on the ground. He took Wonwoo's left hand and placed a kiss on it. "Mingyu..?" "Let's make an oath under this legendary tree. No matter what may happen, Wonwoo, I will continue loving you forever. If you are gone... I cannot be happy." Mingyu looked at Wonwoo's eyes with sincerity.

 

'It was so far away... Glowing...' "Can I stay by your side... always?" "..Wonwoo." "Why haven't I realized before... That this is love? I'm in love... with you." Mingyu confessed as Wonwoo started to cry. Mingyu stood up and lift Wonwoo's face up, bringing their faces closer until their lips touch. 'In good times in bad times, in sickness and in health. I promise to be with you... and I will always love you for all the days of my life.' The couple shared a long and passionate kiss sealing their vows under the legendary tree.

"The group who attacked you has been captured. They can't put you in danger anymore." Mingyu stated as they walk hand in hand as they return back at the palace. "By the way, today the Previous King is coming home. He wants to see you, Wonwoo." "What kind of person is he?" "Just an ordinary white-haired and round-glasses senior citizen. Also fairly round..." "That reminds me, when I was in Korea I had been talking to someone who looks like that. I was coincidentally passing by. That old man was also the one who offered me the housekeeping job." Wonwoo remembered. "Err..? What happened to the housekeeping job?" Mingyu asked. "Hmmm?? Is it possible that the person is...?" Mingyu could only look at him, smirking. 'Ack...!'

 

"Let's go and greet the Previous King with my beloved wife, the one I'll share my life from now on until forever..." Mingyu and Wonwoo walked back to the palace happily and in love.


A/N: This will be the last but don’t worry, I’ll be posting an epilogue for this. 

How is it? Now that we've finally come into an end.

Thank you for all your support. :D