Peace of Mind

My Pain, Your Pain, Albeit Different, We All Still Suffer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*A week later 

"That's all, I think", Taehyung let off a small content sigh. He turned around to find the small orange head in deep thought. "Hellooooo~ Earth to Chim chim~"  He wiggles his index finger in front of the other. 

"Huh?"

"You were daydreaming again" He smiled at Jimin. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing"

"You don't have to go back home you know? We can always go to my grandma's house." Taehyung chirped, eyes curving cutely. "Said she misses you this much" His arms forming a large heart on top of his head. "It's.. It's okay. I-I wouldn't wanna interrupt your family time, Tae" The other replied timidly.

"WHAT IN T-"

"SHHH!~" The nurse passing by Jimin's room inquired. "This is a hospital, sir. Please. Consider-"   

Taehyung bowed profusely, "Sorry ma'am, I swear I saw a bird.. Hit the window. It was HUGE. Think it was an.. eagle. Yea. An eagle. You guys should have security check that out" Beads of sweat crowded his forehead.

Her eyes crinkled in suspicion but let the boy off anyways, yelling for security after resuming her way.

".. An eagle. Really, Kim Taehyung?" A gruff voice resonated inside the room. Both friends stared wide-eyed at the new figure by the door in surprise. "Oh it's just you, Yoongi hyung"  

Jimin automatically tightened his grip on the blanket of the newly made bed. What's he doing here? 

The oldest of the 3 noticed a change in the atmosphere and decided to lighten things up "Going back already?" He smiled to both. "Yea! It's been a week and a half. I bet Jimin's happy to get out of here! Don't you, Chim?" Taehyung encouraged him while starting to notice how tensed he seemed. "Hey hey hey.. You okay there, bud?"

"I'm.. f-fine.", the small voice confirmed, eyes darting downwards.

"I don't bite you know"

Yoongi has a bit of idea on why the kid looked so shaken up. He probably thought that the former was here to 1) beat his up 2) drag him to Hoseok 3) throw colourful vocabularies into his face for being an asswipe.

"Here" He walked closer to the bed and presented the boy with a basket of fruits. Well, a basket of strawberries to be exact. "Look, Chim! It's your favourite! How'd you know Jimin likes strawberries, hyung?", Taehyung cheerfully held the basket for his friend, popping one into his mouth in the process.

Jimin stared at the vivid red fruit scattered in the basket. "T-Thank you"

"It's not me you should thank" Yoongi paused, his eyes smiled teasingly. He hesitated for a moment before softly yelling out, eyes darting towards the door "Hey Kook, come on now. Don't be shy" Silence.       

"Kook?" He slowly moved outside, finding no traces of the giant bunny anywhere near the door. "I swear to God he was here 5 minutes ago", he muttered to himself. That lil shiet.  

Yoongi understood that it might be hard for the boy to suddenly appear in front of his former best friends again. After all, he did cut all ties immediately after high school. The boy probably ran back to his room, chatting with Hoseok. Or roaming around the cafeteria, searching for food.

"That's okay, hyung" 

"I swear to God, Taehyung, he was just outside. He wanted me to pass Jimin the bask-"

"We know" Taehyung smiled warmly. "Tell him I said 'hye'.. and that Jimin loved the gift", he continued. 

Jimin who had been eerily quiet had tears b in his eyes and was ready to cry. "Jung.. kook?" "Yea Chim. It's him. It's Kookie. He still remembers your favourites" The brunet rubbed his shoulder encouragingly.

Yoongi took it as something positive, looking at how emotional Jimin got and the warmth Taehyung emitted. They didn't seem hostile nor do they look like they're holding a grudge against Jungkook. Maybe this could be a brand new start for the trio's broken friendship. He'll surely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter