Sharing Makes It All Lighter

My Pain, Your Pain, Albeit Different, We All Still Suffer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been 2 whole days since he bumped into the crying young man, leaving his equally broken best friend sobbing alone in the isolated hospital room at the corner of the 5th floor. Min Yoongi constantly wondered to himself, What could've went down between them? He continued to stare at the muted television, mind elsewhere before a famillliar cough caught his attention. "I didn't know you were into these kinda stuffs, Yoongi" The tender voice , adding in a bit of a snicker while she's at it. "Huh?" He snapped out of his longing thoughts just to find a provocative lingerie ad playing on the television with no sound on, making it completely awkward that the lady was rubbing her almost self onto a car in complete silence.

"Nurse Lee, I might be dying, but.. I still have my manly needs" He winked at the 40+ year old woman whom he grew fond of after 2 weeks of inactivity in the hospital.

Whack. Whack. WHAM.

"AH! AHHHHH! OH MY GOD STAHPPP!" Yoongi's mint hair flailed while trying to salvage his beautiful face from the feisty woman. 

"Aigoo, you erted little child, you. Be thankful you're not my son, or I would've castrated you and sold your organs in the black markets of China" The middle-aged nurse then sat down, preparing him for his weekly routine. "Oh? Really? I'd actually be really thankful if you were my mom, at least YOU don't find my presence a nuisance" He moved to hug the elderly the way a young child would his mother, eye smile showing and mouth curved cutely upwards.This thing he does to Nurse Lee daily breaks her heart every single time. ".. Yoongi-ah.." She looked downwards to the mop of mint hair still tightly hugging her waist, desperate not wanting to let go.

Yoongi could feel his hair getting wet and instantly knew she was crying again. "Oh my god not again, CHILL NURSE LEE, IT WAS JUST A JOKE JESUS CHRIST CALM YOUR 40 YEAR OLD IES" 

WHACK. WHACK. WHACK.

At this rate, I really am going to die earlier than expected. my life.

After his session, Yoongi sat upright on his bed, making himself comfortable and started to get lost in deep thought once again. "What's wrong now, Yoongi? I always find you staring ahead lately", Nurse Lee asked while setting up his lunch. He just muttered a quick "Nothing" before continuing to think about the orange-haired boy. "Welp. If you say so"

Just as Nurse Lee exited his room, he quickly tip-toed to the door, checking to see if she's really gone. He grabbed his black sweater, wore it and made his way to the corner part of the 5th floor. Let's see what the kid's up to.    

As he was nearing the familliar door where he first saw the two strangers, he found the boy sitting on the floor, back against the wall just outside of the room. No, not the orange-haired patient. His crying best friend. The one Yoongi bumped into. There he was, pathetically sitting outside, head downwards and lips slightly parted. He was probably sleeping. What was this kid's name again? Tae-ju.. Tae-jung? Tae-hyun? If there was one thing Yoongi was bad at, it would have been remembering names. And people in general. But this time, he was curious, so he approached the boy cautiously, reminding himself that the kid was probably sensitive and he didn't want to scare him off.

"Hey"

Silence.

"Hey"

Silence.

"Helloooooo.." Yoongi pestered, poking the young man on his cheeks. The boy woke up in a sudden, his eyes wide and his body subtly shaking. "..Jimin.."

"Oh I'm sorry if I startled you, but I'm not Ji-chim?" Yoongi extended his right hand. "I'm Yoongi" He gave the boy a warm smile, once again enchanting people with his ridiculously cute eye smile.

"Who are you?"   

Sigh. This is going to be a long day.

"Kid.. I just told you.. My name is Yoon-" "No. I mean.. Do i know you? What're you doing here? Are you a friend of Jimin? You guys related? Oh thank god, I was j-"

"Whoah whoah whoah there kid, slow down. Who the hell is this 'Jimin' you been talking about?" Yoongi shaked the boy to calm his down. Damn boy sure talks a lot, Yoongi thought. The boy replied enthusiastically, "Oh he's my best friend. The one with the orange hair. You don't know him? He's-" Stop. A stray tear slowly rolled down his left cheek. 

"He's in there", he incoherently uttered pointing into the room you came across a few days ago.

With that small gesture, the kid finally broke down again, this time in the presence of mint-haired stranger who identifies himself as a 'Yoongi'. "Let's go somewhere else, he'll hear me. He always does." Yoongi realized he's being pulled away by the brunet, running towards the direction of the 5th floor outdoor mini garden.

They both stopped to take a deep breath, Yoongi even more from the unexpected flee. "Mmkay kid, I don't mean to be rude but WHAT THE THO? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY YEARS IT'S BEEN SINCE I STOPPED PARTICIPATING IN TRACK AND FIELDS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU"      

"Well, I don't even know you, but that didn't stop you from poking my cheeks a few minutes ago"

. Well played kid, well played.

"Point taken. Okayyy, this has been fun. Let's do it another time. But for now I need to go back before I get my kic-" Sob.

Yoongi automatically turned around to find the kid crouching on the floor, head in his hands. Sob. Sob. Sob. Oh boy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter