Taktshang

Beautiful View

 “What's Junhong like?” Youngjae asked Taehyng during one of the large group gatherings their friends had started doing.

Taehyung's gaze snapped to him quickly. “Quiet, kinda goofy. He likes video games, anime, and long walks on the beach.”

He let out a laugh. “You sound like you're one of those dating sites.”

“Oh really? How could did that happen?” Taehyung replied, voice punctuated with faux shock.

“Seriously, though. There's got to be more to him than just being your average dancing geek.”

“I didn't realise there were enough to be average...”

Youngjae snorted. “Come on, spill the beans.”

“Well, he moved all the way here from Mokopo because it was the only uni he could do dance and rap at. He's not that smart academically but he's really passionate and he works hard.” Taehyung nodded, proud of the way he was able to advertise Junhong's good sides so easily.

“But there's got to be more,” Youngjae insisted. “You know... Personal to him.”

Taehyung thought for a moment. “He's kinda messy,” he said slowly, “but he's god good taste. So even if his clothes are on the floor, they're good clothes. And the games boxes on the table are good games. And his anime merch is from good anime. Well, it's not the best anime, he's not really into Naruto but he likes Attack on Titan.”

Youngjae couldn't help laughing again. “Ah, I see. So it's quality mess.”

“So, why are you asking?” Taehyung asked, leaning in a little, “want me to arrange for him to hang out with us?”

“Oh, no, it's my friend. He's interested in him.”

“Huh. Yeah. Sure. Your friend.” Taehyung nodded and winked. “Sure.”

“Uh-”

“Hey guys!” Jackson called out, “We're taking a selfie! Get in this!”

The large group of friends gathered together, jostling as they made sure they were all in the picture. Taehyung threw an arm around Youngjae's shoulders and threw up a peace sign.

“Nice!” Jackson exclaimed after the picture was taken, “I'm posting this one!”

 

“Sign here,” Himchan tapped the paper, “and here. You're still putting in a deposit but that gets refunded after,so you don't need to worry too much since I'm not charging you anyway.”

“Thank you so much, Himchan,” Junhong thanked for the hundredth time that day as him and Jongup signed the terms of agreement. “You don't know how much this means to me.”

“I could take a good guess,” Himchan replied, amused. “Have you boys started on posters or anything to advertise the event?”

“I've put something together,” Jongup said, “we're going to print it off tonight and start putting posters around campus.”

“So long as it's not one of those awful low-quality posters that people with no taste make. You know, the badly fitted images and the comic sans and that horrible rainbow background.”

“Uh, yeah,” Junhong said, looking at Jongup uncertainly. “It's definitely not like that.”

Jongup shifted awkwardly.

“Good. Now, you two have a lot to organise. Go on, be off with you. Go do whatever it is students get up to. Drinking and partying.” He paused. “Oh wait, that's what I do.” He grinned.

“Okay...” Junhong stood from his seat slowly, sharing a shrug with Jongup. “We'll see you around!”

“Good luck, boys,” Himchan called after them as they moved to leave.

Junhong stopped in the doorway. “Um, just before I go... I just need to know you're not gonna use Yongguk's number for anything weird. I don't know if you're a fan of his or something but don't be creepy to him, please? He's a quiet, shy guy... He's not like his stage persona at all.”

Himchan raised his eyebrows. “Junhong, I'm not going to be weird. I just want to ask him to dinner. And anyway,” he pointed at himself, “do I look like the sort of person who listens to rap?”

Junhong's face remained blank.

“It's fine. I promise I won't be weird.”

“Thank's Himchan.” And with that the two left.

 

“Dude, get rid of that meme,” Junhong hissed as they opened up the poster document on Jongup's laptop.

“I worked so hard,” the older mourned, clearing away the picture and re-aligning the text.

“We can still do this. We just need to pick one joke and make it... Artsy...”

“So... Like neutral colours, right?”

“I think so?”

“Lots of empty spaces and minimal text?”

“I guess?”

“Maybe like... The setting of an event hall?”

“Sounds good. Oh, we can use our one meme. Put a pepe in there.”

They stared at the image.

“Junhong I can't do this it just looks silly.” Jongup groaned and rubbed his eyes. “Please let me-”

“Dude no, it'll look awful.”

“Please. I can't look at it. Just let me...”

Junhong sighed. “Fine.” He watched as Jongup broke the text up and made it hang randomly about the page.

“There.”

“I hate to admit it, but this is the dankest meme I've ever seen. Okay. Print it off. I think we need, like.... ten to twenty copies.”

“You owe me for ink. I can't believe I'm doing this so you can get some guy to kiss you.”

“I DON'T WANT-” Junhong began, thoroughly embarrassed, before the front door opened and Taehyung's voice called out and interrupted him.

“Hey! Junhong! Youngjae was asking about you today!”

Jongup blinked and realised the younger boy had disappeared from his side.

“What did he ask?” Junhong called back, barely hiding his excitement.

“About what you're like- don't worry, I told him nice things!”

Junhong frowned. “Are there bad things?”

Taehyung shook his head and sighed dramatically. “You can't even begin to guess.”

“Hey.” Junhong scowlled.

“But it's all good. He seems interested in you.” Taehyung winked.

Junhong nearly exploded from embarrassment.