three. gotcha!

Online Dating

“Where have you been, Irene?”

“Outside, inside, everywhere.” Irene answered like it was a matter of fact. She was outside to eat, inside to sleep, on the street to breath in fresh air, in a theatre to watch the latest movies, in a exhibition to feel art, in a concert to feel the urge to live. 

Irene was a actress, a very famous actress, indeed. But she didn’t enjoy being a famous woman, she wanted to live a peaceful life. But it was fate who led her to this whole showbiz thing. Irene has been living with her career for 4 years now, she was well-known, and she was nowhere near straight, which not a single person could acknowledge beside her best friend – Seohyun.

“That’s it?” Seohyun let out a small sigh.

“Yes. I digged some online dating website too. You know.” Irene replied with such boring tone. Because she was now. 

She was not getting a lot of contracts for now, it was just because she didn’t want to, she had enough money to live on anyway. She wanted to rest for quite a time, and she did. She told her company that she wouldn’t take any kind of films til the end of this year. Her company was all right with her decision, they’d gained a lot since the first time Irene appeared on TV, it was time for them to pay her back her hard working. 

“Seriously? Do you know that you’re a famous actress, Joohyun?” 

“I do. I named myself Cabbage so I don’t think anyone will know.” 

“Hey! Come on! It’s your fandom’s name!”

“That’s why I chose it.” 

And Seohyun was defeated. She could not argue with this weird human being in front of her. She sipped her cup of tea, shook her head a little before going back to her book.

“Do you know any writer with the Son surname?” 

“Son Seungwan, she’s the only one with that Son thing. And she’s pretty famous too in our major. She is really outgoing and caring.” Seohyun said without putting her book down. Didn’t even stop in the middle either. 

“I met someone with the nickname The Amazing Son on one of my online dating website. And her profile claimed that she is a writer.” 

“Please, Korea has tons of people who has their surname as Son. But well, not all of them are writers. Maybe. Maybe. Like, just maybe, she’s the one.” Seohyun finally put her book down, she really liked this Son writer because her personality was bright. “Anyway, can I ask what picture did you use for your profile?” 

“Oh, the 16 years old one. With some help from photoshop so I don’t look so hopeless.” 

-

Seungwan rolled down her facebook page as she munched her snacks, with both of her legs resting on the table, back against sofa, sitting in the most comfortable position. She didn't have to do anything since she didn't have to write til this July, her company wanted her to come up with something really really new. Like it has never been appeared on earth. 

She wouldn't waste her precious time to think about those stupid ideas her company wanted her to come up with. She would be lying comfortably on the couch, eating snacks, surfing social media, listening to music. Yeah, and that online dating website too.

It has been a week since both of them talked to each other. Seungwan was busy chilling around her place and Seulgi's. She didn't even remember that stupid Cabbage name that girl online named herself. Even now, Seungwan still found it stupid. A cabbage won't ever has a girlfriend or boyfriend. Why not human? Why cabbage? 

Seungwan decided to go online to meet that weird girl again, she logged into the website and saw that Cabbage was also available. She squeal a little before typing out.

[TAS: Hey there beautiful.]

[C: I wish you can drop all of your hello beautiful gorgeous angel blab blab. You .]

[TAS: I only you know.]

[C: I only know that you are such a ert and stop talking dirty to me.]

[TAS: Well no. And yes, I'm a ert and still you're talking to me. Wanna meet one day?]

[C: I don't want to.]

[TAS: You're missing a lot of things here. Miss Cabbage. Not meeting me is going to make you regret your whole life.]

Irene bursted out laughing reading these little arrogant messages from the online dating writer. This Amazing Son sure was amazingly funny and outgoing just like what her best friend just described. She was weird at first, greeting all ending with gorgeous, beautiful, all kind of sweet words, and she was pretty much a ert especially the part where she always reply '' when Irene texted 'you '. Somehow cute but still annoying. 

Annoyingly cute.

Yes, Irene wanted to meet her in real life just to see if The Amazing Son can be like what she was on the internet. Irene somehow wish that this Son girl would be shy. 

"Who are you texting?"

Seohyun sit across her bestie, looking at her with narrow eyes, watching her carefully as Irene was smiling while texting someone. Irene was definitely not a smiling person, she would always appeared crunchy all the time except when she was in front of cameras. So seeing her texting and smiling like this was weird.

Seohyun wanted to know who made this girl smile like an idiot.

"My online dating date."

"You were wearing a beautiful smile texting your online dating date."

"Oh. I did?"

Seohyun nodded. Irene blushed.

[TAS: I'm serious. Would you like to meet? You don't want to miss me. I promise.]

[C: Let me see.]

[TAS: Give you 5 secs.]

[C: Lol you sure are interesting so yes.]

[TAS: Tomorrow afternoon. Lunch. My place. Give me your phone number, I will text you.]

[C: It's not really good to come to your place since it's our first meet.]

[TAS: I don't care.]

[C: lol sure. Here +82 ********]

Seungwan went offline, adding the number to her contact book, screaming, throwing her arms to the air.

You're going to fall for me, Cabbage.