two. seungwan is shy

Online Dating

Seungwan rolled down the street, straight to the library which just had imported some of the foreign novels, it was her major anyway, to read and to write. She loved writing and reading, she even learnt oversea and then went back to Korea to start her own career of a writer. Her parents weren’t really into those kind of things and they didn’t expect their only child to choose Writer as a occupation. But being a good parenting as always, they supported every step of Seungwan to keep her with her dreams.

 

And now, here she was, a writer with three books published.

 

It was a library which had three floor, old school designed, with almost any kind of books. It was her favourite library in town, she’d be there four times a week to find some new books and also the old – but classy ones.

 

The bell rang a little before it all closed behind. Seungwan walked in with a smile on her face because she loved the smell of books so much that it even hurt sometimes. She greeted the librarian.

 

“Hello there. How are you today, Ms. Kim?”

 

“I’m fine. Thank you. Finding the Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand?”

 

“Yes.” Seungwan smile brightly that it hurt the other’s eyes somehow. “Can I know where is it?” She continue as looking around the library. “Anyway, what are you reading?”

 

Ms. Kim laughed a bit because Seungwan was adorable and was such a kid with bright personality and quite a chatter. “A fashion magazine.”

 

“Wow. You’re into that too?”

 

Ms. Kim nodded, laughed again, but then she pointed to the left corner and said that was where the novel Seungwan was looking for. Seungwan was happy about the novel so she just wandered there without any hesitation, she then found a girl sleeping at the corner where Ms. Kim pointed to with a book  covered her face. She whined. This was not how you use books, you couldn’t use your books to hide your face when you’re asleep.

 

 -

 

Seungwan went back to her apartment after her trip to the library and successfully brought her favourite novel home. She was somehow still bothered by the girl who was sleeping peacefully. Her snore sounded beautiful which was very ridiculous. Seungwan shaked her head to shoo all those thoughts away.

 

She opened up her laptop again, looking forward to that girl she found on the online dating website lasting with that stupid name. Cabbage, it was. And that girl even said that her The Amazing Son was stupid. Straight. To. Her. Face. Not really her face but still, she was really hurt.

 

[TAS: Hi there Cabbage. Free to talk?]

[C: You know you’re lame, aren’t you?]

 

Oh, this girl. I want to punch her in the face so I can ruin her beautiful face. Seungwan thought, clenching her fist.

 

[TAS: Can’t you be nice for one second?]

[C: No.]

[TAS: That’s why you’re hot.]

[C: I know that already.]

[TAS: Can you say something with love, I mean, with heart?]

[TAS: You’re being heartless, you know?]

[TAS: How can you find a date if you’re all ice like this?]

[C: Why you gotta ask too much?]

[TAS: Because I care!]

[C: My .]

[C: But your profile picture is cute.]

[TAS: Ah… finally, you’re not a robot. Confirmed.]

[C: Haha. You .]

[TAS: .]

[C: WHAT THE ?]

 

Seungwan couldn’t help but laughed so much at the latter’s harsh words on the screen. This Cabbage girl was super funny, savage, and a cutie pie.

 

[TAS: Can I have your name?]

[C: It’s cabbage, can’t you see?]

[TAS: Your real name, miss.]

[C: Bruh, it’s Baechu, you don’t f know Korean?]

[TAS: Your real name, miss.]

[C: Girl, it’s Bae Joohyun, and for short, Bae ing Chu – Cab ing bage!]

[TAS: There you go, you cutie.]

[C: Damn it.]

 

And she signed off, Seungwan was left speechless. But then curved up to a small smile and after that bursted into such big laugh. She was literally rolling on the floor, holding her stomach. Bae Joohyun. It’s a cute name due to a cute person, but a little bit of Satan’s personality. Seungwan just couldn’t wait to see this cabbage in person.

 

-

 

“I saw your name on the online dating website, Wan-ah.” Seulgi poked her cup of tea with a small spoon, not eyeing Seungwan as she was talking.

 

“Yeah, I tried. And I found someone savage but cute enough.”

 

“Oh?” The cute bear straight up her body, looking Seungwan in the eyes. “Who is it?”

 

“Why should I tell you? Don’t you have that Park Sooyoung girl already? Should I tell her that you’re aiming for another one? Should I?”

 

“Why do you have to be so possessive… I won’t leave my cute Sooyoungie of course… Who the hell are you to ruin my blossoming relationship…”

 

“Your ing best friend, Son Seungwan.” She crossed her arm as she talked.

 

Seulgi didn’t answer because she knew she lost this battle with Seungwan, so she would keep silent anyway. She the TV in front of them while her best friend was still distracted by something. Maybe it was her online date.

 

Seulgi thought about trying to figure out Seungwan’s password on that website. You know, Seungwan didn’t really have a good memory after all, so she always used simple password as seungwanissobeautiful1234, 21021994ssw, sswlovessw, sonseungtothefackunwan, and Seulgi always found these passwords stupid but she just couldn’t speak out loud.

 

She’d figure it out someday.

 

For sure.

 

“So Seungwan, say, does she have that amazingly beautiful face you’re looking for?”

 

“Yes. She does. And her personality fulfilled her beauty.”

 

“You sound fronting, you know that?”

 

“WHAT? SEULGI! I. AM. NOT. FRONTING. THAT. ING. CABBAGE. FOR. GOD. SAKE’s.”

 

“So it’s Cabbage huh?”

 

“Oh damn you you ing smart daughter of a bear.”

 

Seungwan let out a whine before she hit it hard on Seulgi for making her spit it out.

 

“I won’t hook up your date. You know that. We are best friend.”

 

“I trust no one.”

 

“And that’s why you’re single. Love needs trust, my silly Olaf.”

 

Seungwan mumbled whatever under her breath. Yes, she did know that love needs trust, no trust no love then. But she just couldn’t put her faith on anyone. It was hard to trust someone and finally found out that you’ve been fool around. She, the amazing stunning incredible Son Seungwan wouldn’t take such things like that. She wouldn’t get her pride to be stepped on like that. She might not be tall but her pride was taller than all of you.

 

Seulgi sighed. She has always known that her best friend was a stubborn . It would take a lot of time to persuade her to do something she didn’t fond of.

 

“Okay then. Want some snacks?” Seulgi suggested just to wave this awkward moment away.

 

“Snacks will do.”

 

“With cabbage or not?”

 

“GOD DAMN IT YOU!” Seungwan threw a pillow and all she could hear is Seulgi’s laughter.

 

-

 

A/N: I tried. I know it's lame huhu TT____TT

Hope you will enjoy it. Thank you so much!