Chapter 1

Mission: Capture your heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is Jihyun out of bed already?” A man in his mid-forties asked the housekeeper lady as he took a bite out of his toast.

“No, Sir. M-miss didn’t come home last night.” She said hesitantly.

He slammed his hand on the table and the people present at the table jumped in surprise.

“Cool down, Jun Myeong-ah.” His wife sighed and placed her hand on his tenderly.

“Hye Sung, call your sister and ask her where is she now.” She ordered and the guy sitting next to her nodded his head and whipped his phone out.

“Hello, who is this?” A groggy male voice said and Hye Sung sighed. “Is this Tae In? I’m Hye Sung. Where is she?”

“She’s at my house, where else could we be at 8am in the morning?” He said with irritation and hung up the phone.

“She’s at Tae In hyung’s house.” He said softly but it was evident that the two elders heard it. “Again?! Didn’t I tell her that guy is trouble? All he does is club and drink all day! And now he pulls Jihyun along too!” The elderly man said in anger.

“I’ll go fetch her now.” Hye Sung said before he left for the door.

--

Stepping into the cold winter air, Hye Sun heaved a sigh before heading towards his car. Driving towards Samcheongdong as he did a countless times before due to his sister’s willfulness and party ways, he stopped outside a small building and made his way up.

“Kim Jihyun, it’s me.” He pounded on the door three times before a sleepy Jihyun opened the door. “You’re early, oppa.” She yawned and went to the kitchen.

“Jihyun, how long are you going to continue this? It’s almost the tenth time you’re doing this and dad’s really upset about this.” He frowned as she shrugged. “You know me, I don’t really care what he thinks about this.”

“Go home with me now.” He said sternly. “I don’t want to! He’ll just force me to take business management lessons and go to university so he can control me like a puppet before forcing me to take over the business!” She protested.

“Go back with me before I cut all your credit cards. I mean it.” He said without hesitation and walked out the front door before she screamed again, “You can’t do that!”

“Try me.” He said. “Oppa!”

He had always cherished Jihyun and treated her like a gem since he was young. Defending her from bullies, giving her the best, taking the blame for her when they were punished for their playfulness. They had always enjoyed a close sibling relationship, but ever since Jihyun met Tae In, everything changed.

From the innocent girl who tried to save every penny she had, she changed into a willful girl who spent her money freely on clubs and drinks. Hye Sung had tried advising her and prevent her from going to these places, but that only motivated Jihyun more. She was blinded in love to realize that, but Hye Sung knew that the only reason Tae In was with her was because of her wealthy background.

The Kim hotels are a famous hotel chain owned by the Kim family. Their father had already told them since they were young, that they were going to inherit the family business in future. However, only Hye Sung had interest in it, and began taking lessons since he was young, while Jihyun just wanted to have fun. Her reluctance resulted in quarrels and strained relationships within the family, but Jihyun had decided, she didn’t want to involve herself in politics, and all she wanted was a simple life.

--

15 minutes later, she stepped out of the house and walked straight into Hye Sung’s car without looking at him.

The drive back was silent and Hye Sung knew she was mad. He pulled over a nearby roadside stall and Jihyun couldn’t help but smile.

He knew all of her weaknesses and she was right when he brought back two sticks of oden, one for her and one for himself. “Thanks oppa.” She munched on it happily while Hye Sung rolled his eyes but chuckled anyway. He always had a way to make her smile.

Arriving in front of the big mansion, she took a deep breath before heading in with her brother. Upon stepping into the house, she mildly dodged a book that was flying towards her thanks to her brother’s quick reaction. “You never listen to me, do you?” Her father entered the living room and Jihyun fumed in anger.

“How many times have I told you that Tae In does not harbor any good intentions towards you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter