- 05 -

Heroes Don't Wear Capes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten minutes. It took me ten ing minutes to remove the impossible stain from the countertop. Blood, sweat and tears and it was finally gone. It's the small victories that counts.

This was one of those days at work. Guests kept coming and we could barely keep up with all the different demands and special wishes for orders. I couldn't keep count with how many times I've wiped the sweat off my forehead. I had a lot on my mind and it would be a complete lie saying it only i involver work.

Yesterday's encounters kept replaying in my mind. It had been an amazing evening. Everyone were having a great time, enjoying themselves. I sure did. 
I've never thought doing the dishes could be so memorable. Jungkook had been such a great help and company too. I couldn't remember the last time I've had so much fun.

The atmosphere had been filled with humor and laughter especially after I got my sweet revenge from that little water stunt he had performed.

As I was rearranging the glasses behind the bar a little smile appeared by the thought.

Jungkook's surprised facial expression had been everything when I took the drenched dish brush and swung it in his direction, making sure the water not only hit his face but the rest of his body too. His reaction quickly changed and before I knew it there was nothing that could prevent the kitchen from becoming a water park. 
Well, that was until my father had interrupted our little session. Immediately after his arrival the soldier in Jungkook had showed up. He was called on the carpet, every bit of fun in him from before had vanished and there he was standing tall and quilty, ready to receive the incoming punishment. The quick change was one hell of a sight.

Of course there was none. My father was quite amused and let it be as long as we cleaned up after ourselves.

"You have moved the same glasses around for the last couple of minutes." A questioning voice snapped me out of the sweet memories almost making me drop the ones was holding in my hands.

"What's bothering you?" Sora asked in a concerned manner with her arms folded.

I gulped, embarrassed by my unprofessional behavior and the realization that it wasn't worry filling my mind.

"Um, it's complicated." I fidgeted nervously with them hem of my black apron as soon as I've put the last couple of glasses back where they belonged. I was just a really bad liar and trying to hide that fact was even worse.

"Oh."

"Oh." She repeated to herself, suddenly understanding what was going on.

"You were thinking about him, weren't you?" Her smile surprisingly didn't contain any traces of tease. Instead she peered at me with care and genuine happiness.

A tense short laugh slipped my lips as I in discomfort scanned the surroundings with my eyes. Why was it so hard for me to admit?

Looking down at my feet I couldn't help but to grin shortly of the realization that I indeed was whipped. My eyes found Sora's again as I stepped a little closer in the hopes of our conversation being a secret to the guests.

"Honestly I don't really know what's happening to me." I whispered.

"I can't stop thinking about him. I, um, I don't know what it is but he has been on my mind all the time recently. I can't get him out."

"Help me." An awkward laugh was heard.

Out of a sudden Sora took me in her arms and gave me a short but comforting hug. I really needed that.

"Oh sweetie."

I had nothing more to say. Acknowledging my growing feelings for Jungkook was not an option. As I've said a lot of times before he was not a man for me.

He would never become the man I deeply wanted to grow grey and old with. 

Sora and I both realized that if we didn't get back to work as soon as possible we would we be unemployed in a blink of an eye.

Luckily the chat with Sora had easened my mind finally making me survive the last couple of hours smoothly. Or that was what I thought.

"Can you please take table number three for me? I really need to go the bathroom. Pretty pretty please. " She was twitching in her place, empathizing how much she really needed to go.

"Of course. Just go before I need to clean the floor as well!" I grinned.

She was gone with the wind. Taking the little block of paper on the desk along with the pen I headed over to table number three. A few meters away from my target I stopped my tracks.

No. Not him.

It was the tattooed guy from the other day and this time he wasn't alone. It seemed like he had brought four other guys with him this time. They all looked like they were having a great time. Nothing suspicious here.

I sighed, continuing my steps. It was my job after all. If I liked it or not.

"Hi, welcome to 'Edge Cafe' I'm Hayoon and I'll be your server for tonight. What can I do for you?" I spoke out as I gave them the usual smile I always gave customers.

Their attention shifted to me. I hated it.

"Oh. I know you." The guy from the bar said. I glimpsed at him. He was blonde and from what I could see very big and muscular. His tattoos were covered from the grey button up he was wearing. The way he was looking at me and his behavior to tell, he could easily be one of those typical douchebags who just wants to make himself look cool in front of his friends.

The worst kind of guy.

"Well, hello to you, can I know you too?" One of the guys asked, making a horrible attempt to flirt.
I rolled my eyes, fed up with these kind of customers. Of course they really were those douchebags that didn't give about women.
All the guys around the table shared mocking and encouraging laughs. All but one.

The tattooed guy gave the appearance of being truly embarrassed by his friend's comment but as disappointing as it was he did nothing about it. It was just as bad as the comment itself.

It took every determination and willpower in my body in order to not throw them out of the cafe.

"Please, let me know when you are ready to make a serious order - then we'll talk." With those words I turned around not looking back. I was furious and too proud to take the order.
As sent from above Sora came into my view again. I pointed into the guys's direction and showed her a displeased look. This table was hers.

Was I overreacting? Maybe.

But this was all about principles and luckily my shift was over.
 

~~

 

It had become a personal tradition ever since she'd left us. My eyes skimmed all the flowers and decorations inside the shop although I knew exactly what I was going to buy beforehand. The sight just always left me mesmerized. The distinguishing shapes and colors of all the flowers were beautiful and they all reminded me of her in various memories.

When my mother died I made myself the promise that I would do everything in my power to cherish her persona. Once a week for the last couple of years I've visited her. I brought her the same white lilies. It had always been her favorite. Every time my father bought them for her, her eyes always lit up in this special way that couldn't really be described. I wanted to relive those memories. Over and over again.

That way I felt he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter