JunHyung

A Thousand Years

Hara opened her bedroom door to find JunHyung already gone, the blankets already put away.  She walk over to her kitchen and prepare breakfast, the summer heat this year was harsh.  The morning sun was making it's way through the small window in her kitchen.  After she finished she sat down and ate alone, like every other day.  After she had finished eating she got ready for the day.  Hara walked out of her apart department and could feel the sunray burning onto her pale soft skin, she wiped away the sweat that was already forming on the top of her forehead.

"Ugh," she sigh to herself and walked over to the bus stop, Hara put her headphones on and sat patiently waiting for the morning bus to arrive.

"Don't leave me!"

"I LOVE YOU!"

Hara squinted her eyes in confusion, her music became less audible as the voice became louder and louder.  She looked up to see no one but herself waiting and  the several cars passing by the small street she was waiting at.

"Not again," she thought to herself.

For the past few months Hara had been having the same dreams repeatedly.  She would see a man standing in front of her as he told her how much he loved her and how he didn't want to lose her.  She would feel an aching pain in her chest, the figure was dark and she could feel her body heating up.  The bed she was sleeping on was rough yet the blanket was soft like silk.  She would get small flashback of her dreams while she waited for the public bus, she hadn't told anyone about this redundant dream of hers.

"Yah!" the bus driver hollered out at Hara who looked confused, "Hara-shi!" She finally snapped out of her own thoughts and stared at him, "Are you getting in?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JunHyung-ah" Donghae handed him a bottle of coke, "you spent the night at Hara?" JunHyung just gave a small nod as he opened the can.

"I left early, I bother that girl too much." He smiled as he sip the coke.

"Anyways, Nicole called yesterday." Donghae sat back on his sofa.

"What did she say?" JunHyung put down the soda and stared at Donghae with his full attention.

"She didn't say much, she just seemed a little different you know."

"Did she ask about me?" JunHyung interrupted.

"She just ask if you were doing alright." Donghae replied.

"Oh..."

Then the doorbell rung and Donghae stood up to open the door, as he opened the door he found himself face to face with Hara.  She smiled at him and he gesture her to come in.  Hara slip of her shoes and slipped on one of Donghae's house slippers.  She and Donghae both made their way back into the living room where JunHyung was at.

"Oh Hara you're here already?" JunHyung question as he stood up to greet her.

"Yes, are you guys ready to go?" She question the two boys.

Hara sat at the back seat looking out the window, gazing deeply at the view of the beach, they were heading towards Busan for the summer.  JunHyung looked at his review mirror and could see Hara lost in her own thoughts, he smiled to himself and then turning his attention towards the road in front of him.  Donghae on the other hand was driving and pay close attention to the road.

"We're here," Donghae gave out a giggle as he parked his car at the beach house they were going to be staying at.  Hara unbuckle her seatbelt and hurriedly got out of the car.

"Wahhh," she stretched out her arms and feet, "it's so refreshing!" she gave out a laugh as JunHyung slowly got out of the car and stared at her.

"Hara goose." JunHyung smiled at her, that was the nickname he had given her since they were kids, "I haven't seen you this happy in awhile." She looked at him and just smiled.

"Yah, hurry lets get our things into the house." Donghae yelled towards the two.

As the three got their stuff put away in their own rooms, Hara stared out her window which looked out towards the ocean.  Donghae walked into her room as he place one of her bag onto her bed.

"Donghae oppa..."

"Yes?"

"Last night at my place I overheard you and JunHyung talking, is it true Nicole..."

"She'll be okay, she called me last night when I got home." Donghae interrupted Hara, "It's still bright outside lets go feel the sand on our feet?" He smiled at her.

JunHyung stayed inside as Hara and Donghae left to the beach.  He pulled out his cell phone and dialed.  As he waited as the other line was ringing he started to feel uneasy whether he made the right choice to call.

"Hello?" The voice asked, "JunHyung?"

"Ahh...ye it's me JunHyung." He replied hazily, "are you doing okay?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Umma, I should be the apologizing..." he quickly replied, "I'm in Busan, I'm staying here until the end of summer which is about 2 weeks...I'll be home soon so don't worry about me. "

"Aish, just be careful then." His mother replied, "It's busy here at the shop, I'll call you another day.  Have fun, I love you." JunHyung mumbled a yes and his mother clicked on him.

The doorbell rung and JunHyung made his way towards the door, he opened the door and found himself face to face with Nicole.

"Nicole-Ah..." he was shock, "what are you doing here?" he asked in confusion.  Nicole who was too shock to even answer stood dumbfounded, the two stared at each other awkwardly until JunHyung finally gesture for her to come inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hara and Donghae sat watching the horizon as the sun began to set.  Hara stared deeply as Donghae stared at Hara.

"Donghae oppa." Hara asked out of the blue, "JunHyung oppa really loves Nicole huh?" Her voice seem disappointed and her face expression looked mellow. 

"Why do you ask?" Donghae question, turning his gaze out into the setting sun.

"I'm just wondering..." she gave out a sigh, "it's just whenever her name comes up his eyes starts to shine so bright and he just gets all happy."

"Hara, do you like JunHyung?"

"Do I like him?" She smiled, "I don't know, should we start heading back now?" Hara stood up and started walking back towards the house as Donghae followed slowly behind, he watched Hara who walked further away from him even though he knew they were both reaching the same destination watching her back towards him felt so wrong.

"JunHyung oppa" Hara call out as she slid open the back door to find Nicole and JunHyung sitting together in the living room.

"Hara," Nicole stood up and smiled, "you're here too?" Hara looked at JunHyung then Nicole.

"Oh...ye, you're spending summer here too Nicole?" Hara question as she enter.

"Oh about that..." Nicole said

Donghae walked through the doors and closed it behind him, then realized Nicole’s presence.

"Ah Nicole," He smiled brightly and walked over to give her a hug, "when did you get here?"

"Just a couple minutes ago," she gave out a laugh and then sat back down forgetting to answer Hara's question.

JunHyung stood up and walked upstairs into his room, Nicole watched as he walked away and then turned her attention back towards Donghae, Hara sat down where JunHyung had gotten up from, Donghae sat next to Nicole.

JunHyung closed his door softly, sat at the old desk near the window of his bedroom and pulled out his notebook and started writing away.

"I just came to pay a visit, that's all." Nicole smiled, "I didn't mean for it to be so awkward between me and him, we both just need time." Nicole smiled at Donghae and Hara, "since it's getting late I think I should be heading now." As Nicole stood up to leave Hara grabbed onto Nicole's wrist.

"Nicole-Ah."  Hara stood up, "why don't you stay?  I'm sure JunHyung would be happy to know that you'll spend summer with us...maybe this is a second chance for you and him to work things out again."

"Hara." Donghae stood up

JunHyung shut his book and began to make his way out of his bedroom as he open his door he could hear Hara talking to Nicole downstairs.

"There's something about you that makes him happy."

"Hara," Nicole was surprise by Hara’s words.

"Whenever your name comes up in a conversation his eyes lights up, he smiles more and just seems so much happier."

"Hara." Hara turn to find JunHyung angry, Donghae and Nicole turned towards his way too, "You don't know anything, don't talk as if you know me." JunHyung yelled out in anger he then made his way towards Nicole grabbed her hand and pulled her and himself out the front door. 

Hara stood dumbfounded as she felt her heart racing fast her tears began to form, Donghae walked toward Hara and grabbed her into his arms and hugged her.

"Hara, don't cry...it's not a big deal." Donghae brushed her hair with his right hand trying to comfort her.

"It's not that, I'm not crying because of what he said, I'm not sad because he yelled at me.  I'm crying because, because."