Chapter 4

Here and Now

"Baby, I just wanna get you out them clothes..." 

You lost all reasoning at that moment, crashing your lips with his, tangling your fingers in his hair. He took the lead of the kiss again, wrapping one arm around you, grinding his hips into you on beat with the music, and you couldn't keep the moan from escaping your lips. 

"Shhh...." He kissed you quiet.

He broke off the kiss, leaving you panting, trying to hang onto him, but your knees were starting to fail you. "In slow motion...." 

"Jongup..." You whined. His eyes mirrored the lust in yours, but he wasn't letting you have it your way. He took your hands from him, pinning them against the wall, and kissed you again, then on your chin, slowly taking his time to kiss along your jawline and even more slowly, leave a few wet kisses along your neck, making you tremble even more and feel like you were going to melt onto the floor. He reached the spot under the left collar bone and gently kissed right above where your heart would be. He came back up to look into your eyes, his breathing still hot and heavy. 

He let your arms go, pulling you back into him and you held on, breathless. He whispered in your ear. "Not too fast, babe."

You buried your face in his neck, steadying yourself. He held onto you, moving you both to the rhythm of the song in a slow and sensual dance. The room spun and you started to calm back down enough to handle the kisses he showered on your neck, on your cheeks, on your forehead. Youngjae and Dean's voices hypnotized you as Jongup grounded you back to reality with his touch. He was so patient with you, despite the position that the two of you were in. 

As the song faded out, your breathing had become steadier, though it was still very much obvious how you'd gotten. Jongup's efforts had paid off though, and he pulled back to look at you. "Ready to go back?" You wobbly nodded your head. "But..why don't we just finish what we started?"

He laughed, sighing. "You're a handful, aren't you?"

"I'm sorryyyyy..." your words slurred slightly. "I just want to share these feelings with youuuu...I finally can admit I like youuuu...I'm a messy girlfriend, right?"

"No sweetheart...you're just a little drunk, it happens. But, let's not give away the secret just yet to everyone!" He held your hands again, and you followed his lead.

"But we missed the song!" You wobbled after him.

"Next song is ours, okay?" Jongup looked at you, still smiling, and you nodded, walking with him carefully back at the room. Himchan was waiting outside for you both, and took your hand. 

"Can't give away the secret just yet, right?" He winked at you.

You motioned a "shh" gesture to your lips. "Aye aye, captain Himchan!" You whispered loudly. He laughed, putting his hands on your shoulders and literally steering you in after Jongup slipped inside.

Once back inside, Dean noticed you walking wobbly with Himchan leading from behind, and you pretending to drive a car. He shook his head, laughing. 

"I should have told you guys she has a tendency to find her own adventures when there's soju involved..." Dean covered his face, still shaking his head at your antics. 

Next thing you know, Daehyun grabbed your hand, and gave you a mic. "It's duet time starring the dream team." He beamed brightly. You giggled. 

The song cued. Boom boom boooom. Boom boom boooom. The bass broke out and you squealed. It was your favorite duet with Dae on one side and Himchan on the other.

"y. Special. Girl Tweet me your mention." Yongguk spooked you from behind, followed by Himchan picking up the next lines, then switched off with Dae, who handed you the mic as you finished the last verse before the chorus.

"One, two, three to the four, stand up, stand up, go, let me go!" You even remembered the dance steps as you swayed to the music and did a spin. You caught Jongup's amused expression and he flashed you a thumbs up to keep going. 

The song continued as you danced away, hearing his voice chime in at "You're my special loooove..."

Then it was Zelo who popped up and challenged you to a flirty dance off while Yongguk rapped his lines. He was so much taller than you and it made it even funnier to watch you wobble and keep up with him. At the second round of the chorus, you were joined by Jongup at "stand up, stand up, go, let me go" and he spun you around, the two of you locked eyes as he didn't try to hide the chemistry that was becoming apparent between the two of you. Himchan and Dae were too busy finishing up the song to notice. 

At the end, you found yourself landing in a dip with Jongup holding you while everyone cheered. You both stood up straight, letting each other go, as the others fussed over the next song. He had to blink away and bow awkwardly in front of you, making you giggle more. You were getting sleepy now, the dancing had burned off the heat of the moment from before. 

"Daaaaamn. Well that was a hot performance by Jongup hyung! I didn't think you'd actually go up this time!" Zelo pat his hyung's shoulder. "Did I sense a little spark here though?"

"Junhong, how much did you drink?" Jongup tried to avert the topic, causing Zelo to stick his tongue out at him.

Thankfully Dean stepped in, putting an arm around your shoulders. "Well we know how much this one had, she could light up the room with the soju powering her up."  The boys let out a laugh. "Should we finish up the hour and then head out?"

They agreed and the rest of the hour was filled with more wobby dancing by you and duets with each of the members, except for Jongup who joined in here and there, trying not to make it too obvious between the two of you. 

At the end of the night, the boys walked with you and Dean back to your respective places. You'd gotten quite sleepy, stumbling to keep up with everyone walking, and didn't remember when Dean ended up piggy-backing you back to the apartment, taking your shoes off for you and tucking you into bed. 


You gently tucked the blanket around her, and as you were getting up to go downstairs to sleep, you felt a tug on your sleeve.

"Don't go...it's cold..." she was half sleep-talking, something you'd grown used to.

You slowly pulled her fingers free of your sleeve. I can't...

You picked up the little stuffed bear that was near her head and tucked it under her hand before turning to go. Walking downstairs, you pulled the sofa bed out and tucked yourself in, You rubbed your temple, closing your eyes. The emotions swam in you. Your affections were competing within you and it was not getting easier by the day. You reasoned with yourself that you could make this work, that it would have been bound to happen eventually. If not him, one of the others.

You often, just enough to keep her on her toes, but what started as a way to divert your own mind from your ex turned into feelings stirring for Byul. And seeing her with him today confimed your feelings. Every time he got up to dance with her, when he took her out of the room, the glances they passed between them...it all was starting to torture you to watch like a foreshadowed ending to a tragedy.

Am I playing myself...or am I initiating a dangerous play in this game?