Losing Him- never again

Totally Platonic

 i can't believe i actually managed to finish this today!! enjoy


Junhui looked over at the bar to see Minghao fast asleep, and the bartender trying to wake him up. He waved off his conversation with Wonwoo, who was fuming at Mingyu for embarrassing him in front of so many people (“It was his fault anyway, I’m blameless in this”), and went over to see if he was okay. 

He tapped his best friends shoulder. “Minghao?” he asked. The bartender scoffed. 

“Good luck mate, he’s been out for the past five minutes,” he said. “And he don’t seem so happy with you anyway,” he added, smirking. 

Junhui glared at him. “Mind your own business,” he said, cuttingly. The bartender just shrugged, and went to get someone else a drink, his eyes lingering on Minghao too long. 

He shook his best friend’s shoulder. “Minghao.” Minghao didn’t respond, so Junhui picked him off the bar. He mumbled a little, and his eyes opened slightly. 

“Jun?” he murmured, blinking slowly. He went over what Minghao had said, he had been going over it since Minghao had sent him away. Minghao was right, he had been pushing him away, but he was going to stop now. 

“Come on Hao,” he said, gently. “It’s time to go home.”

Minghao grumbled a little, tired. Junhui helped him to stand, swaying slightly in the dimmed light. He moved to put his arm around Minghao, to steady him, but Minghao stumbled back, not wanting Junhui too close.

He allowed Minghao space, until an ill placed chair tripped him up, making him land in Junhui’s back. Junhui turned slightly, and put one hand on Minghao’s shoulder, steering out of the club, leaving behind their friends, who barely noticed the loss, too busy with the drama inside than the two leaving.  


Outside, the wind was sharp, cutting through the aura of warmth that the club had held. Junhui felt Minghao shivering slightly, and he was reminded of the camping trip, how Minghao had passed out from the cold. He drew Minghao in, not wanting a repeat, and met no resistance. Minghao clung into him, shaking. 

They hailed a taxi, but Minghao didn’t draw away from him then either, staying close to him, falling asleep on his shoulder for a bit. Junhui looked out the window, watching how the new falling rain blurred the stars. He focused instead on his reflection, watching Minghao sleep on his shoulder, giving out little sighs as he relaxed further. 

“Don’t go,” Minghao whispered to him. “I don’t want you to leave me again.”

He said it so simply, but it tore at Junhui. “I would never,” he whispered back. 

Minghao tilted his head up at him, as they entered their apartment. “You did before,” he muttered. 

Junhui wanted to protest, wanted to promise Minghao he hadn’t, that hadn’t been his intention, but he couldn’t find the words. “Never again,” he decided. “Never again,” he repeated, sealing a promise within the words. 

Minghao buried into his side. “I love you,” he sighed. 

Junhui stiffened, and pulled away from him. “I think you’d better go to bed.” 

Minghao coughed, and it took Junhui a second to realise he was crying, and another to notice that he was going into his room. Junhui threw it an arm to catch his wrist, but missed, and grabbed his hand instead. Somehow it seemed more appropriate, as he spun Minghao round to hug him. He let Minghao cry into his chest, and kissed his hair. 

“I really love you, Hao Hao,” he whispered. Minghao looked up at him, looking like he’d been slapped. 

“It’s not the same, Jun,” he said. 

Junhui smiled down at him. “No it’s not. Because you just miss me,” he said sadly. “But I love you. Properly, and I can’t tell you that when you’re sober, because you’d remember.”

Minghao shook his head. “I don’t miss you,” he argued, before shaking his head again. “I mean I do, but that’s not what I meant. I love you properly too,” he told Junhui, tears beginning to streak down his face. “I love you so much. And whenever you go out with Soonyoung, or Wonwoo-” he emphasised the other boy's name with pure hate “-instead of me, it really hurts, oh my god, it kills me, and you don’t even seem to care,” Minghao huffed, and tried to catch his breath. 

Junhui felt as though he was back at Hyerin’s party, when he had his first kiss, a trembling fifteen year old, and hearing a laugh as he walked into a lamp or a door, whatever it had been, and turning to flip off the boy behind him, his lips still holding the trace of their kiss. Then he was at the campsite, frozen as Minghao kissed him, as he realised how much he felt for his best friend, the full extent of what he felt, how much he loved his best friend. 

And then Minghao dragged him back into the present by dragging his face down to meet his in a messy full kiss, falling deeply into a pattern, with the two holding each other close, feeling their hearts beat in the familiar disjointed pattern.

 

Minghao woke up the next morning with a banging headache, and two arms wrapped around him. He cringed away from whoever it was, not wanting to remember what had happened the night before. Judging by the headache, he’d drank way too much, while watching Junhui, and judging by the arms, had made a huge mistake. Properly the bartender, he’d been particularly friendly.

But then the arms shifted, and the smell of Junhui came on strong, and he looked up to see Junhui smiling down at him. 

“Good morning,” he said, in a deep voice, full of affection, and Minghao realised that it was directed at him, and that little smile was for him, and no one else. That’s when last night’s events came flooding back into his memory, and he sat up, covering his mouth. 

Junhui sat up with him, and was eyeing him with worry when Minghao turned to look at him. “Do you really not hate me?” Minghao asked, not thinking. 

Junhui’s face fell slightly, but he kept the smile up as he nodded. “Really, definitely.” And Junhui kissed him, for the first time ever. It sent a thrill through him, as he kissed back fervently, sealing a promise that he hadn’t known he’d made. 

But he didn’t regret it. No part of him regretted anything that had happened, because it had led to this. 

 

Junhui didn’t care anymore about his first kiss. All that mattered were the kisses from then on, and he promised himself they’d be with Minghao. Because when he started kissing Minghao, he swore he’d never stop. 


okay i can't write fluff (or angst) but i hope that was okay?? i''m going to write one final part (and i mean it this time) and then i will have completed a fic for the first time!!

i hope you liked it!! please leave a comment they make my day so much better, you have no idea.

thank you!!!