005.

I fall for you

 

 

“Hyung… I… I don’t feel the same. I’m sorry.” Jimin said, not looking into Yoongi’s eyes. “’em sorry.” He mumbles the words again, isn’t ready to look at the shocked and sad Yoongi. He wasn’t prepared for that.

 

“Oh.” The response from Yoongi is something that Jimin doesn’t expect. He didn’t expect his hyung to respond just an ‘oh’. Jimin looked up to see Yoongi smiling and laughing while scratching his head. Jimin felt bad, he wanted to hug the elder and says he is sorry. ‘Wait, this will make the situation worse.’

 

“I see. I thought… I’m such an idiot.” Yoongi said while laughing and Jimin can feel Yoongi is mad, very mad.

 

“hyung, I…”

 

“I understand, Jiminie. You don’t feel the same. I’m the one stupid enough to believe I would change your heart and it is stupid. This is reality and I seem to not know what is the difference between the reality and fairy tale.” Yoongi said and looked at Jimin, “I understand, Jimin. I won’t force you but I need a little time to adjust this. I – please give me some time.” Yoongi said as he quickly leaves the rooftop, leaving Jimin alone.

 

“hyung!” Jimin called as he tried to call the elder but the elder had already left the place. ‘I am not supposed to feel that way but I want to cry.’ Jimin took out his phone and looked at Yoongi’s contact number which is saved as Suga hyung ^^. Jimin shakes off all sort of emotion he is feeling right now and send a brave message to Yoongi.

 

To : Suga hyung ^^

I’m sorry hyung…it’s the best if we go separate ways.

 

 

And Jimin never get a reply message from him.

 

 

 

Jimin is nervous that he has to go into the canteen. ‘What if he is there? What if he is still mad? What should I do to face him? What can I do?’ Taehyung looked at his best friend and he knew something is wrong with Jimin. Jimin didn’t tell him why he ditched period 2 which is literature and arts. And Taehyung decided to ask about it later when they got back to their dorm.

 

As soon as Jimin entered into the cafeteria, his eyes were fixed on the certain silver haired senior. Yoongi doesn’t look like he is undergoing a heart break. He was casually talking with Hoseok and Jungkook.

 

“Ooh, Hobi! And mama is there too.” Taehyung exclaimed as he headed towards the table. Jimin wanted to stop Taehyung but his best friend is already heading towards the direction. ‘, why all of them are in the same table?’ Jimin followed Taehyung and upon reaching the table, his eyes were met with Yoongi’s for a short second and Jimin looked away.

 

“Mama Seokjin, Hobie~” Taehyung said as he sat next to Hoseok. Jimin decided to sit next to Taehyung even though the space beside Yoongi is free. He saw Taehyung’s questioning eyes follows him but Jimin ignore them.

 

“Hey, babe.” Hoseok said as he pecks Taehyung’s cheeks just to show Jungkook off that Taehyung is off-limit. Jungkook groaned, seeing the PDA.

 

“How is your day, my kids?” Jin asked, trying to act as a mother of their little gang. Taehyung shrugged and nodded and Jin eyed Jimin who lowered his head down.

 

“I…we, um – yeah fine.” Jimin said but Jin suspiciously eyed on him. Jimin doesn’t know why he doesn’t want to say they broke up. He heard Yoongi sighed and then interrupted in.

 

“He is probably not fine. We broke up.” Yoongi said as all of the friends gasped, especially Hoseok and Taehyung who is looking at them with wide eyes.

 

“WHAT? HOW?” Taehyung exclaimed as he stood up and looking at his best friend. He now understood why Jimin was absent in literature and art class. 

 

“Slow down, alien. We just didn’t click, I guess.” Yoongi said and he knew both Taehyung and Hoseok weren’t buying his reason but what is he kidding? He can’t go out and explain every single details in front of Jungkook, Namjoon and Seokjin and letting know they never dated.

 

“That’s too bad then.” Namjoon said, “I hope there is no awkwardness between us just because you two don’t date anymore.” Namjoon added as Yoongi nodded while smiling sadly.

 

“Of course, sure. I will make sure of it.” Yoongi said and Jimin felt guilty about the situation. ‘This is all my fault.’

 

“It is just too short. Just two months? I thought you guys are pretty much in love.” Jin said and looking at the couple. ‘Well, we were acting.’

 

“Oh cool, you want to try dating me too, Jimin?” Jungkook asked as Yoongi smacked his head.

 

“Give him a break. You’re too , kid.” Yoongi said as he stood up. “I guess I need to go now. I have another class in 5 mins. Hoseok, you better hurry or you’re gonna late.” Yoongi said as he leaves the cafeteria. Hoseok looked at Taehyung who nodded and quickly follows Yoongi after saying a quick good bye.

 

When the two best friend were gone, the table fell silence as Jungkook was the one to break the silence. “So, how about my suggestion? Date me?” Jungkook asked as Taehyung smacked his head.

 

“Stop being a brat, Jungkookie.” Taehyung said as Jungkook pouted.

 

“You guys are very no fun.” Jungkook commented as he continued eating the food. The rest of the lunch finished in swift as Namjoon and Seokjin bid good bye while dragging Jungkook to his respective classes leaving Taehyung and Jimin who is looking at him.

 

“Okay, don’t tell me “We broke up,” because I won’t buy this like Jin hyung, Joonie hyung or Jungkookie. Now spill the beans before I choke you, chimchim.” Taehyung said seriously and Jimin gulped. When Taehyung says he will choke him, he is dead serious as Jimin nodded, afraid.

 

“Yoongi hyung confessed.” Jimin said as Taehyung still looked at Jimin without any facial changes, “…And I rejected him.” Jimin said, studying Taehyung’s reaction and afraid of how best friend will react.

 

“Hah, I knew it!” Taehyung exclaimed. “I knew you’re going to reject him if he is going to confess.” Taehyung said as he sighed. “Really, Jimin? Do you really need to do that?”

 

“Do what?” Jimin asked, clueless.

 

“You’re seriously so dumb, you love him.” Taehyung said as Jimin shakes his head.

 

“Nu-uh, stop forcing me to like him because I am not. I don’t want to date someone. Not right now.” Jimin said as Taehyung furiously looked at his best friend.

 

“Are you still not over Jaebum? It has been months that you broke up with him and you already “fake” moved on with Yoongi hyung for 2 months! There is no way you’re still attach to Jaebum and –”

 

“It is not about Jaebum, okay!” Jimin exclaimed, shocking Taehyung and Jimin sighed. “I…I’m over with him. Positive.” Jimin assured.

 

“Then why are you so damn afraid?” Taehyung asked, “There is no way you don’t like Yoongi hyung.”

 

“…I like him.” Jimin said, “But relationship with tiring, well at least my past relationship is.” Jimin said, recalling about his past with Jaebum.

 

Taehyung remained silent because he didn’t want to involve between Jimin’s past relationship because he knew he had a hard time with Jaebum. “Jimin-ah,” Taehyung called his best friend.

 

“You know; every relationship has their own story. Not every relationship is the same. I just want you to think about it.” Taehyung said as he stood up, “I will be going to library first. If you finish, just follow me.” Taehyung said and patted his best friend’s back and leave Jimin alone.

 

 

Jimin was left alone in the cafeteria. He is still immersed in his thoughts. Yoongi would never leave him alone when they were fake dating. He was always his priorities but who can Jimin blame? Yoongi is not his boyfriend – wait, not his “fake” boyfriend anymore. They were just acquaintance before. They are not even that close to hang out. He is just glad that Yoongi still talk to him when his friends are present.

 

“I heard you broke up with him.” A familiar voice said as the figure took a seat next to Jimin who is alone. Jimin woke up from his thought and looked up to see Jaebum smiling to him. “Hey, are you okay?” he asked as Jimin nodded.

 

“Yeah, I guess.” Jimin said. He actually wanted to go away. The last person he wants to encounter right now is Jaebum and he doesn’t know how Jaebum knew about his break up with Yoongi. He just told everyone just now and news spread this fast?

 

“Where did you hear from anyway?” Jimin asked as Jaebum shrugged.

 

“I heard Jungkook talking with Jackson so yeah.” Jaebum said as Jimin face palmed. ‘ugh, Jeon Jungkook – Jackson Wang. They are ing dispatch. Remember not to tell Jeon Jungkook any news.’

 

“I knew you two won’t last long.” Jaebum said as Jimin remained silent. ‘We never dated,’ “–do you want to hang out with me?”

 

“No, Jaebum, no. I…I don’t want to. Um, I will go now.” Jimin said as he stood up and leave the cafeteria. “Jimin!” He exclaimed as Jimin stopped and looked at Jaebum who is smiling.

 

“If you ever change your mind call me – that is if you still have my number haha. I will be waiting for you.” He said and Jimin nodded but he didn’t reply anything. He turned away and leave for the library to join Taehyung.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile Yoongi walked casually to the class with Hoseok who is silent by his side. It is a rare case of Hoseok to be this silent and Yoongi knew he probably has some questions going on his mind but he ignored it because it is the best for Yoongi.

 

“Um, Yoongs are you –”

 

“I’m fine, Hobie. Just a little bit hurt, I guess.” Yoongi said and Hoseok nodded without asking further question. “I will be fine soon, don’t worry too much.” Yoongi gave his best friend a faint smile and went into the classroom. Hoseok sighed as he follows Yoongi closely behind.

 

“Yah, Min Yoongi wait for me!” he shouted as he put his arms around Yoongi who annoyingly looked at him. “Man, you’re pretty fast for a short guy.” Hoseok teased as Yoongi glared at his friend.

 

“You’re only a centimeter taller, shut up.” He said back and Hoseok pouted.

 

“Aww, you’re a meanie.”

 

 

 

***

 

 

Jimin missed Yoongi. He missed having Yoongi beside him and having messed up with his feelings. It is not like he doesn’t see Yoongi at all. He sees the elder at school when all of them are present. Yoongi always made sure that there isn’t any awkward thing happened between them. But mostly, Jimin is the one who isn’t showing up any of their meetings. He tried to avoid Yoongi at any cost and he knew Yoongi also tried to avoid him but Yoongi doesn’t make it obvious like he did. The elder attends every group lunch and well, acted more professionally than Jimin did. But he knew the elder avoids him when the others are not there.

 

‘I know I am a coward.’ Jimin doesn’t want to keep walking towards the cafeteria where all of them are present. He doesn’t want to see Yoongi. He doesn’t want to feel guilty.

 

“Hi, hyungs!” Jimin greeted cheerfully and his eyes searched Yoongi around the table and he sighed out loudly when there is no trace of silver hair.

 

“Hey, Jiminie – long time no see.” Seokjin greeted as he moved some of his books away to give Jimin some space to sit. “Sit beside hyung.” he said and Jimin nodded and sat beside his hyung.

 

“Are you guys playing hide and seek or something?” Jungkook asked, chewing his meat.

 

“What?” Jimin asked as Jungkook rolls his eyes.

 

“I mean, Yoongi hyung is present when you’re not here and now you’re present when he is not. So, I think it is positive to assume that you guys are avoiding each other.” Jungkook said as Jimin sighed.

 

“I am not. I don’t know why he didn’t come but I was busy last few days.” Jimin reasoned. It was true by the way. He barely had enough times to spend ‘best friends time’ with Taehyung. He was busy with his assignments and his dance practices and Jaebum keeps on bothering him.

 

“And Yoongi is finishing his mixtape.” Hoseok said as he and Taehyung joined the table.

 

“TAE!” Jimin called his best friend who sat next to him.

 

“Aww, I miss having you on the lunch table, chimchim.” Taehyung said as he hugged his best friend. “I miss you!” Taehyung said.

 

“I miss you too.” Jimin pouted as he returned the hug.

 

“Oh come on, you two see each other everyday.” Jungkook said as Taehyung threw a tissue roll towards the maknae.

 

“Che, whatever – let’s eat!” Taehyung exclaimed as Jimin nodded while forcing a smile and blinked. ‘I wish Yoongi hyung is here.’

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jimin saw Yoongi playing basketball with his team and is already winning. Jimin saw girls cheering out loudly for Yoongi and he felt a pang of jealousy in his heart. ‘Hyung looks so good while shooting.’

 

The game came to an end with Yoongi’s final shoot and Jimin found himself cheering over Yoongi.

 

“Damn, you’re so good Suga! I will never beat you. Better stay in your team than your rival team.” Song Mino laughed it off and Bobby Kim nodded.

 

“I’m joining your team next time, hyung.” Bobby said, “Definitely.” He added and then Mino noticed Jimin’s presence and shook Yoongi’s shoulder.

 

“Your boyfriend is here, Yoongi.” He said as Yoongi turned back to see Jimin who blushed when Yoongi looked at him. Jimin was kinda happy that Mino addressed him as Yoongi’s boyfriend because that title is over for him.

 

“Aww, relationship goals!” Bobby said while smiling, showing his cute eyesmile. Yoongi laughed it out.

 

“He is not my boyfriend anymore. We broke up a week ago.” Yoongi simply states as Mino and Bobby stopped smiling.

 

“Ooh, sorry, man.” Mino said as Yoongi smiled.

 

“I will just go then. I don’t know what he wants, haha.” Yoongi said as he grabbed his bag and leaves the place. “BYE!” both Mino and Bobby waved their hands.

 

 

‘Oh my god, oh my god. He is coming. He is coming. What should I do?’ Jimin is panicking. Ever since their break up, they haven’t really talk. All they talked in the past days was ‘Have you eaten?’ and that was in front of others. Moreover, it is Yoongi who asked. Jimin, himself, is too coward to hold a conversation with Yoongi when Yoongi is the one who is hurt because of the rejection. Well, Jimin felt bad after everything had happened.

 

“Hey, um, hi hyung.” Jimin smiled when Yoongi approached to him.

 

“Hey, what’s up Jimin? It is rare of you to come and visit me.” Yoongi said as Jimin nodded.

 

“I – um – I was passing by and your play caught my eyes.” Jimin said, “You were great, hyung.” he said truthfully. Yoongi nodded as he smiled.

 

“Thanks, Jimin.” It was cold and short. No more Jiminie, no more ruffling his hair and Jimin felt a little bad. Okay, he is lying. He feels so bad, so bad that his heart aches. Jimin doesn’t know he kept on staring Yoongi’s face until he realized that Yoongi is looking at him with confuse face.

 

“Ooh, I was – um – just wondering if you’re up for a drink?” he sounds like asking and he is hesitating but Jimin doesn’t care. He doesn’t know why but he wanted to talk to Yoongi.

 

Yoongi sighed. “Jimin, I’d love to. But, I have got some things to do. Things which is important.” Yoongi said and Jimin felt like the elder is throwing shades at him and he knows that is probably not what Yoongi meant. After all, he is the one who said he will give Yoongi some alone time but Jimin isn’t that patient.

 

“How long are you going to take alone time?” he asked, it comes out rather harsh but Jimin doesn’t care.  And Jimin doesn’t know where the hell he did get courage from.

 

“Hyung, I – I just want to go back to the day when I asked you to play for my boyfriend. It is hard to go on without you. You’re a good hyung to me and –”

 

“We were not even close before.” Yoongi said coldly, “We just got to know because of this strange thing. If we were to get rid of that and act like nothing happened, then we have to go back to before. Before – when we were just sunbae and hoobae.” Yoongi said. “And we’re not even that close to go for a drink.” Yoongi said and Jimin doesn’t say anything back because it is true.

 

“Aish, this conversation is getting nowhere. I have to go. Nice seeing you, Jimin.” Yoongi said as he ended the conversation quickly and leave the place. And Jimin found himself crying when the elder left the place. ‘Why am I crying? Why am I hurt?’

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“It is rare seeing you sitting there and doing nothing.” Hoseok said as he saw Yoongi sitting without even touching his lunch.

 

“I am not hungry.” Yoongi said back and Hoseok sighed.

 

“You know that’s not what I meant.” Hoseok told his best friend who rolls his eyes. “Heard you fought with Jimin yesterday.” Hoseok said and Yoongi looked at him.

 

“Taehyung.” He told, “Taehyung told me that Jimin told him that you made Jimin cry.” Hoseok said as Yoongi’s eyes widened.

 

“What? I made him cry? He is the one who ends everything. I am the one who is broken and he is the one crying? Where are my rights?” Yoongi asked, rather angry.

 

“Calm down, gramps. Jimin probably is confuse. I’m sure he loves you.” Hoseok said and Yoongi sighed.

 

“I know! That’s why I am ing mad at him. If he doesn’t feel the same, I won’t be feeling this mad. I am this mad because he feels the same and doesn’t return the same feelings towards me. It is frustrating.” Yoongi said and Hoseok.

 

“Then you should wait for him. It is the best for you.” Hoseok adviced as Yoongi sighed.

 

“I don’t know anymore. I don’t want to wait while he did nothing. I am not that patient.” He said.

 

“It is quite interesting how you two both got your emotion involve just from the fake dating.” Hoseok said as he smiled, “I’ve always shipped you two and thinks Jiminie is better off with someone than his ex.” Yoongi paid no particular attention to what Hoseok said as he ate his food.

 

“Yeah, I got myself into some . If only I hadn’t agreed him that day I would be happy and single but now I’m all broken.” Yoongi sighed as he shook his head and then looked at his watch.

 

“That’s insane, man!” Hoseok said as Yoongi laughed. “I need to go now or else I will miss the plane.” Yoongi said as Hoseok nodded.

 

“You really are going.” Hoseok said with a pout. Yoongi laughed.

 

“Yeah, remember to take notes for me.” Yoongi said as he bid a good bye to his best friend and leave the cafeteria.

 

 

Meanwhile they didn’t know that Im Jaebum is listening to their conversation. Jaebum gasped as he received all the new information.

 

“Wh-what? They were not dating? They didn’t date?” He asked himself, “They were fake dating? Why did Jimin lie? I’m so disappointed.” Jaebum said as he gripped his fist. “I need to see Jimin. Now that I know everything, I need to take him back.” Jaebum said as he walked away to find Jimin.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hello, people! I said I will be updating frequently and now look what I did. I’m so sorry for the delay. I was busy (well, I was free 24/7 but I was busy with going out and eating out lmao and it was a Ramadan month so I don’t really wanna write fanfic I just enjoy sleeping and watching anime.) but anyway, here is the new update and the next chapter will be a lot quicker. I promise. :)

 

So, please drop comments below. I love getting comments from you guys so that I know what is lacking in my writing and my plot. And seriously, this plot is not really the best plot that I came up with. I actually prefer my previous work. ANYWAY – please drop comments. Subscribers are always welcome <3

 

Until next update then!