Hide &

Give the Dogs a Bone or Squeaky Toy... or both
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't be shy, come to me

Don't worry too much

Don't hesitate, there is no more tomorrow for us

Don't be shy, come to me

Don't worry too much

Please hold me today, there is no more tomorrow for us

 

As her unnie instructed her, Soohyun got in contact with MAMAMOO's manager unnie (not that she knew), and was immediately invited for an interview with RBW's daepyonim. Soohyun was understandably nervous about her upcoming interview, but steeled her nerves after her unnie gave her a ride to the company.

"You got this, Soohyun-ah. Just call me after you get the job, ne?"

"I don't even know what position I'm getting interviewed for anyway." Soohyun replied, anxiously wringing her hands.

"Whatever it is, you'll get it. Have more confidence, Soohyun-ah."

"I know, bye unnie." Soohyun waved as her unnie drove back to the cafe. She made herself enter the company building before she felt the urge to run away. She knew that this was the power rookies MAMAMOO's company, being a fan of their music, she hoped that they weren't scouting her to be a trainee. She liked singing, but had no interest in becoming an idol like her brother.

"Ah, you must be Son Soohyun-ssi. Follow me please." One of the staff directed her to Kim Dohoon daepyonim's office, Soohyun who was walking behind him did not see the wide grin on his face. So this was their saving angel... 

"Daepyonim, Son Soohyun-ssi is here for her interview."

"Bring her in."

They opened the door, Soohyun seeing the daepyonim organizing some paperwork at his desk. Kim Dohoon looked to be the all-business, no-play type of daepyo.

"Son Soohyun-ssi, have a seat." He gestured towards the chairs in front of him.

"Ne, kamsamhamnida daepyonim." Soohyun nervously sat in front of him, forcing herself to look calm despite his appraising stare. His observation went on for several minutes, Soohyun's anxiety only increasing. No talking? Did the daepyonim already disapprove of her? Was it her appearance? Was it her posture? Was it her age?

"Okay, I believe we're done here." He finally said, nodding to himself. "Stand up please, Son Soohyun-ssi." He told her curtly.

Soohyun obediently stood up from her seat, refraining from nervously wringing her hands.

"Judging from my observation, I believe you are..." He started seriously.

Here comes the flat-out rejection, Soohyun thought wincing. Back to more job searching for her, she was almost out of money.

"Perfect! You start today, Soohyun-ssi!" He cheerily declared, aura completely changed.

"Excuse me, could you repeat that daepyonim?" Soohyun asked in disbelief at the 180 in his personality.

"You're hired, Soohyun-ah. Can I call you that?" Soohyun mutely nodded. "Call. You're just the right person to be our assistant manager for the kids."

"Assistant manager? To who?" 

"Why to MAMAMOO of course, who else? Aigoo, Soohyun-ah looks too cute confused." 

"Eyy?! That's what the position was?!" Soohyun exclaimed in shock. 

"Uh huh. We'll have you moved to the apartment next door to the girls." He quickly called someone on his phone. Manager unnie quickly arrived to his office. "Meet their manager unnie, she'll help Soohyun-ah out if you have any questions."

"Welcome to the team, Soohyun-ah. If I may call you that?" Manager unnie shook a bewildered Soohyun's hand in greeting. "I'll introduce her to the kids, daepyonim." She guided Soohyun out of the office.

"Have fun!" He waved at them as they left. "What a nice girl."

MAMAMOO was interrupted from their practice when they heard their manager unnie's familiar knocking.

"Kids, if I can have a moment?"

"Come on in, unnie!" Solar opened the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter