Play With Me

Give the Dogs a Bone or Squeaky Toy... or both
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 2016

 

Woo hoo

Woo hoo hoo hoo

Hey when I look at you, our memories start to feel special

You pull me right into your trap, it's like I'm dreaming

The time you and I walk together, our path is filled wih light

Feeling for the first time ever, these new colors,

I want to hold your hand

 

"You know, Soohyunie would look good blonde, I think."

"Not that Soohyun-ah looks bad right now."

"I can just picture a blonde Soohyun-ah, she'd be a literal strawberry blonde!"

"She would! Jagi, let's go dye your hair!"

"Unnies, I'm just an assistant manager. I don't need to dye my hair." That, and Soohyun was happy with her dark hair. Blonde would just draw too much attention to herself.

"Eyy~ but jagi would look so good blonde!" After all, everyone knew that once you go blonde it just took you to a whole other level. That, and cutting your hair short. At least, that's what Wheein remembered reading from some fan comments.

"Okay, no blonde. How about red?" Moonbyul suggested instead.

"Nope." Again, red is another attention attracting color.

"What about orange like mine?" Hwasa asked next.

"I wouldn't look good like Hyejin unnie does."

"Hmm... I got it! Pink!" Solar exclaimed after some deliberation.

"Unnies I'm not an idol! And I'm not dyeing my hair!" Rainbow's Hyunyoung could pull off pink hair, she could not.

"But Soohyun-ah is pretty enough to be one~"

"And Soohyun-ah is such a great dancer~"

"And jagiya can sing~"

"Then it's decided, Soohyunie will be our new maknae." Hwasa declared for all of them. "Meeting adjourned!"

"Yeah!" The rest cheered, excited at the prospect.

"What meeting adjourned?! I'm not gonna be an idol!" It was always like this, 4 against her lonely 1.

Manager unnie just shook her head amused. The kids were just kidding around, but they sure did love making Soohyun-ah flustered. Although they were half serious about her becoming MAMAMOO's maknae.

The rambunctious beagles just sang along to whatever was playing in the radio, Soohyun slightly sulking in her seat.

 

In my heart, now in my heart, a new feeling, now play with me

I want you, a clear image inside me, come closer, closer play with me

What a day to look forward to

Woo hoo come closer

Woo hoo hoo hoo come closer

Woo hoo hoo hoo

I have a good feeling about today

May 16

 

Like I've been charmed, I can't say no to your ways

Moon star

Life's good when you play more

We keep seeing better endings

Give me a good five, look

G5 on the playground

Why are you lost again? This isn't the wonderland, Alice

Hey listen, take off those sunglasses

You're glowing bright, full of energy

 

Contrary (and ironically) to Wheein's semi-quiet birthday, Soohyun's was full of hype and excitement. Starting with a surprise from manager unnie.

"Where are we going, unnie?" Soohyun asked in the front seat of the van.

"I needed to get a quick haircut and wanted to treat Soohyun-ah on the way for her birthday."

"Oh! A haircut sounds like a good idea, I've been needing a trim." The maknae lightly tugged on some strands of her hair.

"Perfect, unnie can pay for Soohyun-ah as well, as part of her present."

"Gomawo, unnie~" Soohyun thanked her then, what a good way to start her 21st birthday.

When they got to the hairdresser's, the stylists led both managers to their seat. Soohyun had let out a small yawn in her chair.

"Soohyun-ah sounds tired."

"Just a little bit, unnie."

"You can take a small nap then, unnie will wake Soohyun-ah up when they're done."

"Thanks, unnie. I only need a few minutes." She yawned in response, shortly dozing off in the chair.

Manager unnie then stood up from her chair.

"Okay, time to give Soohyun-ah her birthday makeover." She really didn't need a haircut, it was just an excuse to get Soohyun here.

A few minutes became about two hours, manager unnie sending a pic of Soohyun's now blonde hair that she promised the kids. Just the back of her head, the kids wanted to see Soohyun's new look when they got back.

"Soohyun-ah, wake up. They finished." She gently shook Soohyun awake.

"Sorry, unnie. I didn't expect to sleep for so-" The maknae blinked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she looked in the mirror. Maybe she was still asleep, there was no way she suddenly became a blonde.

"Unnie, how long have I been asleep?"

"Around two hours."

"Can unnie pinch me?"

"Okay then..." She did just that.

"... I'm still awake?"

"You are, how does Soohyun-ah like her new look?"

Soohyun promptly requested a cap as her present from Manager unnie, to her bemusement. Manager unnie still stopped by to get her some bubble tea, Soohyun hiding as much of her face with the hat as she can.

Already she was attracting some passerby looks from the workers and passengers, who were wondering if the timid manager was an idol or ulzzang.

This is their doing, I know it! And I knew this would draw too much attention! She should have known they wouldn't have dropped it.

Never mind, this was a bad way to start her birthday. She missed her dark hair already~

 

Holding on to my racing heart, the little secret between us

You're so special, I can't forget, like the beaming sun

In my heart, now in my heart, a new feeling, now play with me

I want you, a clear image inside me, come closer, closer play with me

What a day to look forward to

Woo hoo come closer

Woo hoo hoo hoo come closer

Woo hoo hoo hoo

I have a good feeling about today

 

"Unnie, you're back! Where's our birthday girl?!""

"Where's uri maknae?!"

Solar and Moonbyul ran to their manager first with expectant looks in their eyes.

"We saw the picture, I knew blonde would fit Soohyunie!"

Hwasa was quite proud of herself for making the suggestion. 

"Jagiya, let your unnies see you~"

Wheein was leaning left and right, trying to spot where her shy girlfriend was.

"Excuse me." Someone said with a low tone of voice, walking past the beagles. After apologizing, they let her pass.

"I've never seen her around before." Moonbyul commented as the black-haired girl walked ahead of them with br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter