i have a lover (애인있어요)

they'll put our names up in neon lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  i  h a v e  a  l o v e r f t . y o o n  s o h e e

 

Seulgi rises from her seat as a group of trainees pass her by on their way to the elevators. As vividly as yesterday, Seulgi can still remember when she was in their shoes, tiptoeing around everyone and everything just so she wouldn’t make any mistakes and risk her chances of debuting. For seven years, she did that and I guess you can say it paid off. Once they pass and the large group is done greeting her, she sinks back into her seat and looks out the window from the third floor of the new company building. The entire lobby is empty except for her and it’s ultra quiet with the exception of Luna’s new solo playing gently through the overhead speakers.

 

After taking a sip from her iced americano, the elevator doors ding open and her gaze diverted to the couple entering the lobby, hand in hand with matching grins on their faces and Seulgi smiles.

“Kang Seulgi!” Sohee exclaims the moment their eyes meet. “I can’t believe you! You lied to me!”

Grinning from ear to ear, Seulgi darts across the room to give Sohee a hug before taking her left hand to examine the new bling on her finger. “Hey I didn’t lie to you, I just didn’t tell you the entire story,” she explains and Sohee nudges her before the two girls squeal into another embrace. At that moment, Seulgi’s eyes lock onto Sehun’s and he shoots his best friend a thankful wink.

 

After getting situated, Sohee quickly goes into the details of how Sehun popped the question but not without Sehun himself blushing feverishly at all the corny romantic things he’d prepared.

“I know there’s no way in hell he could’ve picked this by himself,” Sohee says with her hand in the air with the diamond sparkling under the sunlight. “What would we do without you, Seulgi.”

Seulgi laughs as Sehun makes a bitter face over the fact that his own fiancee couldn’t even trust him in selecting her an engagement ring but the moment her eyes meet his, the facade dissipates and there’s nothing left but utter gut wrenching, toe curling love. The type of love Seulgi knows so well but just in a one way route.

 

“So, when’s the wedding?” Seulgi finally asks after their talk had somehow wandered off to werewolves and vampires.

“August 18th,” Sehun grins and he doesn’t need to say anymore because Seulgi knows very well what that date represents. She’s spent the last three years reminding Sehun of his anniversaries, monthly and annually so how could she not know.

“I just want a small private wedding and if we could, hopefully outside.” Sohee continues after a short reassuring glance at Sehun. “If we can do an outdoor wedding, it’ll probably be very far from the city.”

“I bet,” Seulgi giggles knowingly. It’s not going to be easy if you want to marry an idol.

 

After a short discussion over wedding plans, Sohee reluctantly leaves for a shoot, leaving the two long time best friends alone in the lobby to catch up. Sehun’s going off about how nervous he was and how he’d almost lost the ring in his car with Seulgi shaking her head but none of it is surprising to her.

“How do you feel?” She asks with her chin propped up in her hands.

A shy smile sweeps across his face and he runs his fingers through his hair. “Surreal. Seulgi, I’m getting married. I’m going to become someone’s husband.”

She tilts her head cutely to the side and he mimics her with a smirk before reaching over to tuck her hair back. His hand stops at her cheek and pinches it but she quickly pries his hand away with yelp.

“Seulgi, Seulgi, Seulgi,” Sehun sighs and she shoots him a disapproving look over his tone. “What am I going to do with you?”

She sighs and proceeds to take a long sip of her drink in preparation for this conversation that has happened one too many times. “Stop it Sehun. I’m not looking for a relationship.”

“I know, I know,” he assures with a wave before straightening up in his seat. “But, why? Why are you still alone? You’re one of the greatest people I know, if not, the greatest person.”

A corner of her lips curl as she lowers her gaze to avoid his beaming eyes.

“I know a great guy, he’s tall, handsome and I swear he’s perfect for you. Why don’t you let me introduce you two?” Sehun suggests with a small shrug and she shakes her head.

“Just because I’m not in a relationship doesn’t mean I’m alone,” she says and raises her eyes up to meet his again. “It also doesn’t mean that I don’t have someone either.”

His ears perk up at her comment and he leans over across the table to dig out more details. “Ohho, Kang Seulgi. You never keep things away from me, I’m surprised. Who’s this guy? Do I know him? Don’t tell me you it’s Moonkyu because I’m not falling for that prank.”

The mention of Moonkyu sends the two friends into hysterics over the old April Fools prank where Seulgi and Moonkyu even went to the extent of locking lips in trying to get Sehun to believe they were actually dating.

“No, no,” she wiggles a finger at him. “It’s not Moonkyu, I can assure you.”

“Okay, okay then who is this guy. Tell me about him.” He props his head up in his hands and flashes her an encouraging smile.

Meeting his gentle eyes, her lips naturally break out into a shy smile. “He… He’s a great person. He’s selfless, loyal and he takes great care of me. I’ve liked him for a long time.”

For a few seconds, Sehun doesn’t say anything because he’s too busy trying to dig out the rest from her eyes but he eventually smiles and reaches over to pinch her cheek again. “You must really like him,” Sehun says and Seulgi nods. “Introduce me to him soon, I wanna see this guy you’ve kept hidden from me.”

She smirks and takes another sip of her drink. “I’ll introduce you to him one day,” she assures. “You’ll like him a lot.”

 

That’s because he’s, you.

 

To call their friendship platonic would be a great lie although that was what the public thought of them. Sometimes during drives at night, he’d often reach over to grab her hand and she wouldn’t stop him. Sehun’s always finding unkept pieces of hair and tucking them back behind her ear like it’s his duty and too often does he come over just to wrap his arms around her waist while ranting about the long day. They weren’t those types of friends as it has never turned ual and the only times they’d wake up in the same bed were from occasional late drunken nights of partying but sometime during all that, Seulgi realized he’d become more than just her best friend. There was no one else who could understand her like he did and she was the same for him. She’d had her fair share of dates and short lived romances but no one could make her feel as safe and secure as Sehun ever did. Sure they were going up against a ten plus year friendship but nonetheless, they say love overcomes all.

 

But it was never in Seulgi’s intentions to ever tell Sehun how she felt towards him. She didn’t need him to reciprocate the same feelings because she was more than content at the way already were as friends. Being able to love him in secrecy with Sehun always running to her side was enough for Seulgi. It didn’t make her sad that he was always in love with someone else, or that he’d never love her in the same way she loves him because Sehun was always going to be in her life and although he’ll probably stop visiting her at random hours of the night to just hang out and he most likely won’t hold her hands during their midnight drives anymore or outwardly tuck her hair away then linger his hand at her cheek, Seulgi is okay with it all. Love will come again, it won’t be the same, but love will come again.

 

A memory of them during their trainee days plays over and over as Seulgi makes her way to the wedding boutique. Sohee and Sehun have yet to release their relationship to the public so once the company strategically releases their relationship and wedding news to the world alongside a coy statement of a comeback for NCT, the world is probably going to explode.

 

Stepping into the boutique, Seulgi can hear Sohee’s squad giggling in the waiting area but what she was not expecting was all 180 cm of an Oh Sehun sitting amongst them.

“What the, what are you doing here, Sehun?” Seulgi asks on her way to them and everyone quickly turns her way. “You’re not supposed to be here.”

“Oh you made it!” Sohee quickly rushes over to give Seulgi a hug before turning around to explain Sehun’s attendance. Apparently Sohee wanted him there for his fashion opinion but when it comes down the the final dress, she was going to keep it all a secret until the wedding day itself. Smart move because Seulgi is probably SM’s biggest fashion terrorist next to former SM family member, Xiah Junsu.

 

While Sohee leaves with the consultant to search out some dresses, Seulgi and the other girls wander closely to their area and peek at the dresses on the racks in hopes of finding one for Sohee. Seulgi’s gaze lands upon a romantic silk tulle bohemian dress with intricate beading and runs her fingers across the detailed beading. She didn’t have to look at the tag to know this was done by her favorite bridal designer, Anna Campbell.

“Pretty,” Sehun says as he steps up to her. “Your taste has gotten a lot better over the years Seulgi, I’m proud.”

She rolls her eyes at his cheeky grin. “Shut up. But you think she’ll like it?”

Running his hands across the beaded shoulders, he nods with a satisfied grin. “Yeah, I think she’ll love it.”

Seulgi quickly requests for the dress, naming the exact name of the dress and designer without even a glance at the tag. She’s always told herself that one day when her own wedding came, she was going to walk down the aisle in an Anna Campbell dress.

 

Once the consultant is able to find the sample dress, Seulgi walks with her to personally deliver the dress to Sohee. When Seulgi arrives, she finds Sohee pacing in front of her previous selections in a lavender silk robe.

“You have a special delivery,” Seulgi announces and Sohee turns to her with a smile replacing her questioning look. “I initially wanted to keep my favorite wedding designer a secret but because I love you and I want you to look the greatest on your special day, I’m hand delivering you one of my favorite pieces from her collection.” Sohee takes the dress from Seulgi with a touched yet cautious expression and Seulgi laughs. “It’s okay, it’s been Oh Sehun approved.”

Sohee breathes a sigh of relief and receives a playful nudge in return from the latter but she thanks her again before getting pulled away by the consultant to try on more dresses. Seulgi gives Sehun a thumbs up when she slips into her seat next to him back in the lobby area as he shoots her a hopeful gaze.

“Did you tell her it was Oh Sehun approved?” He asks and she rolls her eyes.

“Yes,” Seulgi grunts while he snickers away.

 

Sohee tries on a handful of dresses that day, saving Seulgi’s choice for last and blowing everyone away with it. You could tell in her eyes that it was the dress although Sohee kept insisting that she wouldn’t tell, everyone knew which one she fell in love with. While the consultants were pinning on a different veil, Seulgi steals a glance at Sehun and his loving gaze towards his wife to be. His eyes glistened with awe and he couldn’t keep his jaws closed even if his life depended on it. Sehun is completely blinded by her and he had every reason to be. Seulgi liked their love, it was simple yet pure and passionate all together. Out of all of Sehun’s girlfriends she liked Sohee best and it wasn’t just because she understood their friendship but because she knows what being under the spotlight feels like and she never held Sehun back from any opportunities nor did he for her either. They had a good balance and that was all Seulgi ever wished for Sehun, someone to reciprocate his love, understand him and help him grow as a person.

 

Seulgi gets a call from Sohee through Sehun as they wait for her to come back from changing and she instantly heads to the changing room to check on her. Sohee wanted to snap some pictures to show to her mother later who couldn’t come along and although Seulgi’s fashion sense , her photography skills were pretty top notch.

“So, I’m the only one who knows that this is the one?” Seulgi asks as Sohee slips back into her jeans. She runs her han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter