take you home | 바래다줄게

they'll put our names up in neon lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

take you home | 바래다줄게

 

 

The air is bitter for a spring night and Sehun wishes he would’ve wore more than just a leather jacket but it’s too late to complain now when he’s already arrived at the restaurant. A ding of the door alerts the entire bustling restaurant of his arrival but nobody besides the workers turn towards him, not even the girl sitting at the dimly lit booth near the back who was supposed to be expecting him. He walks over and casually slides into the seat in front of her and frowns at how focused she is on her phone.

“Hello to you too,” Sehun groans but Seulgi still doesn’t bother to look up. “Did you order already?”

She shakes her head and slides the menu over to him. “You order.”

He rolls his eyes and slides off his jacket to set it aside before opening the menu. He makes a note to order all her favorites, one of his and none of the other boy’s that is actually supposed to be here by now.

“He’s running late,” Sehun states casually and Seulgi finally glances up at him. “He texted me.”

“And he couldn’t bother to text me that?” She grumbles and tosses her phone aside with a frown. “Soju, 2 bottles.”

Sehun shoots her a stern look because he knows how she is with her alcohol but she shoots him even a harder look and he gives up because she’s Seulgi and she has that effect on him, unfortunately.

“Excuse me,” he waves over the nearest worker who quickly comes scrambling over with a pad and pen. “We’d like to order.”

 

The once empty table begins filling up with food and Seulgi is back to glancing at her phone every two seconds again. Sehun pretends it doesn’t bother him as he’s tending to the meat on the grill but it does, every single glance at her phone bothers him because she’s wasting her time and the worst thing is, Seulgi knows it too.

“He’ll come… right?” Seulgi questions out loud as Sehun sets a piece of beef (cooked perfectly to her liking) on her plate.

He retracts his hands and leans back on the leather booth with a curt nod. “Yeah.”

Although she’s still unsure, his response is enough to give her a small smile and it makes him feel a little bit better.

“Do you like him that much?” Sehun asks as casually as he possibly can. When he looks up from the grill, she’s chewing on her food with a shy smile.

“I think he likes me too,” she says and Sehun slightly hesitates. If only she knew the real reason why he’s late. He almost wants to tell her but what will that make him?

“What do you think, Sehun?”

He looks up from his empty plate and his throat is suddenly dry. She looks at him with eager, expecting eyes and he wants to tell her that he’s a better choice, a better man who can love her better but none of that comes out and he does is shrug.

“I don’t know,” he replies and she’s instantly disappointed. “I think it’s best if I stay out of it.”

“See,” she shakes her finger at him and reaches out for a bottle of soju with the lid snapping as she twists it open. “That’s your problem Sehun, you’re so indifferent. How are you ever going to find a girlfriend?”

A corner of his lips lifts up slightly.

“Should I help you?” Seulgi offers and pours them both a shot of soju. “This Noona is really good at setting up couples. I have a 9 out of 10 success rate.”

Sehun snorts and places another piece of meat on her plate. “Noona my . You’re barely two months older. Also, why only 9 out of 10?”

Seulgi’s face turns a bit sour as she lifts her shot glass up to her chin. “The girl was two-timing my two seniors in the broadcast department. Long story short, she lost both of them and someone got a black eye. The funny thing is the two guys became friends afterwards...”

“Tragic,” he snickers and Seulgi releases a refreshing growl after tossing back her shot. “Anyways, no thank you. I can find a girl on my own, when I want to.”

She makes a mocking face and Sehun scoffs. “Okay, so you’re telling me you’ve been single in all the years that I’ve known you by choice? Sehun, that’s six years.”

Shrugging, Sehun pauses when he realizes her plate is stacked with meat and pops the cooked piece he was going to add onto the pile straight into his mouth instead.

 

“Or... Do you like someone and you’re just too afraid to confess, like me?!” She gasps loudly and slaps the table. “I’m right, aren’t I?”

He looks up from his empty plate with a look of indifference. “Maybe.”

She rolls her eyes and downs another shot while he watches quietly. Her cheeks are already pink from the one she had earlier and it’s stupid but he thinks it makes her cuter than she already is and now his heart is racing again.

“Who is she,” Seulgi smiles mischievously as she leans over the table. “Is she as pretty as me?”

She batters her eyelashes at him and his heart skips. He hiccups and turns away to place a new piece of meat on the grill.

“She’s prettier than you,” he teases dryly and she frowns in disappointment. “She can also handle her alcohol better than you too.”

“Well,” Seulgi hisses after another shot and Sehun sighs as he grabs for the bottle. “Let me meet her, I’ll determine if she’s good for you or not. I have good radar.” He laughs and Seulgi instantly looks insulted. “Yah, fine. Nevermind! I won’t help! I won’t help you even if you ask me!”

 

Before he can even attempt to cheer her up, the door rings and her eyes quickly dart to the door before they light up and Sehun already knows why. He turns to find Jimin standing at the entrance, grinning as he waves at them and Sehun retracts a little into his seat. Jimin walks over like he’s not over thirty minutes late and he slides right next to Seulgi who is just completely gushing over him.

“I like your jacket,” Seulgi compliments and Sehun frowns when he realizes Jimin is wearing the same leather jacket as him, except Sehun can assure that he wore it better. “You should’ve worn something warmer, it’s cold out.”

Jimin shakes his head and swipes a piece of meat off her plate. “It’s alright, it’s not that bad out. Did I miss anything?” He turns to Sehun who shakes his head.

“Oh,” Seulgi sits up. “Sehun likes a girl. Apparently she’s prettier than me and she takes her alcohol well. He won’t tell me who it is, but I feel like you might know.”

Jimin snorts as he turns to Sehun who continues grilling his meat quietly. “Sehun didn’t tell me anything about a girl. I’m disappointed,” he reaches over to pat Sehun on the shoulder and it makes him freeze. “Yah, we’re friends, how can you keep this away from us.”

Scoffing, Sehun places his tongs down and reaches for the bottle of soju Seulgi had taken away again. “Because I’m scared someone might try to steal her away from me.”

Oblivious Seulgi snickers as she makes herself a wrap while Jimin exchanges a hard gaze with indifferent Sehun.

 

“What were you doing before this?” Asks Seulgi and Jimin rips his gaze from Sehun.

“I was at a meeting with a senior,” Jimin answers and although it’s true, Sehun knows it’s not the whole entire truth. It wasn’t just any meeting.

“Oh…” Seulgi slowly nods and turns to hand out her wrap to Sehun. When he shoots her a puzzled look, she motions for him to open up and smiles like a happy mom when he accepts her wrap.

Jimin looks at the two’s small shared moment before nudging Seulgi. “No fair, wrap me one too.”

Because she thinks he’s cute, Seulgi totally falls for his aegyo but Sehun almost spits out his wrap and that would’ve been a total waste since it was made by Seulgi.

 

The problem with Seulgi liking Jimin is that he’s a total boy. He is the definition of a boy. He will never appreciate her and give her all the love and attention she deserves because he could give two s. Unlike what Seulgi believes, Jimin is not oblivious to the fact that she likes him, oh he knows. He knows and he loves the attention she gives him because he’s a boy and he likes the fact that he has her wrapped around his finger, well almost. She still listens to Sehun, sometimes.

 

There’s no longer any sunlight outside which shows how long the three of them have been sitting in the restaurant. Seulgi is drunk and falling in and out of sleep while Jimin is visibly antsy as he continuously checks his phone.

“Is it true?”

Sehun looks up from his lap, eyes droopy as they scan the bottles of soju on the table before turning to Jimin. “Huh?”

“That there’s a girl, is it true?” Jimin asks again.

Sighing, Sehun runs his hands through his hair then reaches across the table at Seulgi to take the spoon out her hands. “Yeah,” he answers casually.

Jimin snickers as he leans back against the leather booth. “How come you never told me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter