Park Family

Their Forbidden Love: Romeo and Juliet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Kim family all gathered in the ballroom with Lord Kim sitting on his throne with his beautiful lady next to him, the three kids have all arrived and looked stunningly beautiful and well prepared. Lady Kim was giving final words to her 3 children before the Park family arrives.

"Now, children. Remember what we learn during royal lessons. Poise and elegance. Be polite and show your manners. Do not slouch at all too, we must always serve our best until the guest has left." She said while eyeing all of her children. Taewoong and Nayeon both nodded at the same time. "Yes mother." "Good." She nodded but her eyes drifted off to Taeyeon who had a very blank look on her face.

"Taeyeon." Lady Kim called out to her. But Taeyeon didn't seem to notice it and ignored her Lady Kim. The Lady frowned and snapped at her. "Taeyeon!"

"Yah!" Taewoong hissed under his breath as he nudged Taeyeon with his left shoulder. Taeyeon blinked. "Huh? What?" She turn to Taewoong but her brother didn't bother to look at her while Lady Kim snapped again.

"Kim Taeyeon! Goodness me, you're all dazed out!" Lady Kim asked in an unpleased tone while Taeyeon just bowed her head in apology, "I'm sorry mother." "Your apology is accepted. I assume you didn't hear what I just said earlier, so, I'll repeat it again. Remember! Poise and elegance. Be polite and show your manners. Do not slouch at all too, we must always serve our best until..." She turn to Taeyeon, hoping for her to finish it.

".. Our guest has left." Taeyeon smiled and nodded. "Of course mother. I'll always serve my best. I promise you." "Good." Lady Kim was pleased and smiled. "Now, let's await their arrival!" As soon as Lady Kim went back to her throne next to the Lord. Taeyeon sighed and her shoulders sagged.

"Yah. What did mom just said? No slouching." He hissed undrer his breath. Taeyeon just gave him a look of annoyance and shook her head. "What's wrong?" Taewoong asked, as a big brother he cares for his two sisters very much even though he may be a tease and an annoyance to them at times. But he still loves them all in his heart. 

"It's... nothing. I'm just thinking." Taeyeon said, her eyes staring at the ground. "Well, whatever you're thinking, you can save that for later because this is not the right time for it. The Park's are going to be here any min-" "Lord Kim and Lady Kim!" The duke interrupted Taewoong's lecture and bowed at the Lord and Lady.

"The Park's have arrived." He informed and the Lord just smile while the Lady just gasped in excitement. "Oh my! Well, bring them in already, duke." The duke nodded. "Of course, milady." 

"Okay children, remember what your mom said." The Lord smiled at his children once more before the duke had brought in the royal Park's. 

As the door opened up, in came the Lord and Lady of Park's with their children behind them. The three Kim's smiled while their father did the welcoming speech.

"Welcome Lord Park, your family is as beautiful as the pictures you had sent to us." 

Lord Park just stopped in front of the throne of the royal Kim's and together he did a bow with his family. "Thank you Lord Kim, but your family is just as beautiful as ever too. I see that your son has grown up into a fine young man, and your two daughters look lovely as ever, just like their mother." 

"Oh, you're too much Lord Park." Lady Kim smiled. "You have beautiful children too. And all males too. You are very blessed." 

"Ah yes, where are my manners? Allow me to introduce my sons." Lord Park turn to his sons and held his hand out pointing to each son as he introduced them one  by one.

"Park Jaebeom. Eldest son." A tall young man with charming eyes bowed and smiled at the Kim's. "Pleased to meet all of you." 

"Park Jinyoung. Second eldest." Another one bowed and flashed an adorable smile. "I'm honor to be here." 

"And the two youngest with only a year difference. Park Sungjin and Park Jaehyung." The two boys smiled, one of them was wearing a pair of big round spectacles while the other just gave off a mysterious aura around him.

"Greetings." Both of them chorused together. Lord Kim just smiled and got up from his throne, "You have wonderful boys. Allow me to introduce my children too. And after that maybe we can let them to get to know each other." 

"That sounds wonderful." Lord Park agreed and smiled. "Children." Lord Kim called out and the three Kim's began to introduce themselves starting from the oldest to the youngest.

"Kim Taewoong. I'm the eldest. Pleased to have all of you here." Taewoong bowed and Lord Park's family nodded back in response.

"Kim Taeyeon. Second eldest. Nice to meet all of you." Taeyeon did a small bow and she noticed a few of the prince's stares on her but she ignored it and just did a small smile.

"Kim Naeyeon. I'm the youngest." Naeyeon bowed and the Park's just smiled at her cuteness. 

"Good, now let's all head to the dining hall. I've prepared a feast for your visit. We need lots of energy to discuss our future plans together." Lord Kim got up and helped his lady up. Together all of you left for the dining hall. 

The Lord's sat together with the Lady's next to them, and the remaining youngsters were arranged to sit together. One row of the Kim siblings together and the opposite of them were the Park siblings.

When the duke came in with the maids, they served the dishes to each of the guests and made sure to refill their drinks. While for the Kim's, they had their personal nurses to serve them.

"So, tell me, how is your kingdom doing lately? I heard about a festival that you guys held every year here." Lord Park asked while cutting his steak. They were served with steak and a side of mash potatoes with a small side dish of freshly made kimchi. While Nayeon has her own little child dish of meatballs and mash potatoes.

"Ah yes the Honor for Harmony festival. We held that every year in honor of our kingdom, and also for Harmony itself too." Lord Kim explained, "Will you and your family be joining us?" 

"Oh yes we will! We wouldn't miss it for the world, I heard that your children will be performing too. As they do every year?" Lord Park questioned while Lord Kim nodded as he chewed finish his steak. "Yes they are. It's a tradition here in this kingdom for the royal family to perform. The town will also hold a contest too for the town's people to show their appreciation for Harmony. And then we will end it all by singing an anthem for Harmony together." 

"And there will be fireworks too!" Nayeon spoke all of a sudden, surprising the two Lord's and the Lady's. Lady Kim just laughed lightly and nodded. "Yes there will be fireworks. Nayeon loves the fireworks." 

Lord Park just laughed along and smiled. "Ah I see. That's a wonderful way to end the festival. When is it held?" Lord Park asked. "Next month. It's also right after that day. This year's festival will be slightly different." Lord Kim explained and Taeyeon's head perked up as she was reaching out for her drink.

She took it slowly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter