f i v e

Crush (rewriting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae gave his reflection once last glance before leaving his room. Heading downstairs, he saw his friends looking at him with hearts in their eyes. He rolled his eyes at them, heading to the kitchen.

"Why are you guys staring at me for?" He asked after sipping his drink.

"You look dashing," Lucas commented and Seungwoo piped up. "Did you put extra effort into dressing yourself today?"

Jaehyun giggled and pointed at his friend, "It certainly looks like you are actually looking forward to the dinner."

Youngjae glanced at Jungkook, who was just looking at him.

"I'm not. I just want to finish the deal as soon as possible. Plus, it's my thing to dress nicely."

"Yeah, right." The others chorused. "Now, get out there and treat the girl like a princess."

Youngjae laughed and nodded, heading towards the door.

 

**

 

Chaeryun and Soojin sat in the living room while the former was really excited, she couldn't sit still. The other girl shook her head.

"Calm down. Even if you walk around the house a million times over, he won't appear in front of your door now."

Just then, as if on cue, the doorbell rang. The girls looked at each other and Chaeryun squealed, "He's here!"

Soojin got up and stopped Chaeryun from opening the door. She straightened her friend's dress and gave her makeup one final check and headed towards the door.

"Don't seem so anxious to meet him. I'll open the door, go pretend that you're still preparing yourself."

Chaeryun nodded and went back up to her room.

 

Soojin went to the door and opened it slowly. Youngjae was facing away from her. She smiled when she saw him standing in front of her, dressed in a casual outfit. His hair was gently tousled back, making his entire look so much cuter.

"Hey," she greeted and he turned around. "You’re early."

He glanced at his watch and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "I didn't want to be late."

She chuckled and invited the man in, "She's in her room. Why don't you sit down in the living room while I call her down."

He went to the sofa and settled down. He glanced around the place, noticing the framed-up photos of Soojin and Chaeryun that decorated the shelves. He looked at his fingers and took out his mobile.

He sent his boys a quick message of her whereabouts and heard footsteps coming up to him. He put his mobile back into his pocket and stood up. He turned around and blinked when his eyes landed on Chaeryun.

He walked up to the two girls and held his arm out. Chaeryun shyly reached for the arm and smiled at him. Soojin shook her head at her friend's unusual shy look.

"You look very pretty." He complimented and she pinked.

"Thank you."

He looked up at Soojin and she motioned for them to leave. He nodded and chortled. He looked at Chaeryun and asked, "Should we?"

She gave him a soft smile, nodding at him.

"Have fun!" Soojin shouted after them, and Chaeryun waved at her. "Don't come back too early!"

 

**

 

"I'll have the carbonara," Youngjae looked up at the waiter and closed the menu, handing it back to the male. "What about you?"

"Hold on, I'll still looking through the menu." She grinned sheepishly at the waiter.

The waiter stood patiently beside the girl; he was blatantly admiring her beauty. She was oblivious to the treatment, but Youngjae wasn’t. He watched the waiter smile at his date and his brows knitted. He cocked his head at the waiter and cleared his throat, "Babe, are you done?" He asked.

Chaeryun paused at the endearment and coughed. She looked at the waiter and pointed at one of the dishes on the menu, "I'll have this spaghetti. Thank you."

The waiter winked at her and she handed him her menu.

"Anything for the pretty lady," he said and glanced at Youngjae, who was shooting glares at him. "Hold on, your orders will come out soon."

Chaeryun reached for her water goblet, sipping from it. Her eyes wandered around the restaurant, absorbing the beautiful ambience until they landed on Youngjae. She frowned and poked his hand with her pinky.

"What's wrong?" She asked softly.

He shook his head, smiling at her, "Nothing."

 

The waiter came back a while later with Youngjae and Chaeryun's orders. He set the dishes on the table.

"Is there anything else you both would like?"

"Not for now, thank you." Chaeryun smiled.

"If there is anything, do call for me." He said and went off to clear another table.

 

Chaeryun tried her spaghetti and let out a satisfied hum, "This is so good."

A smile tugged on Youngjae's lips and he mun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter