o n e

Crush (rewriting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't forget the spaghetti noodles!"

"On it!"

A girl sprinted off towards her bike and paddled towards the nearest mart to get whatever her boss needed for the cafe. It was early in the morning but she was already called over to run some errands before school.

"Aunty! Grammy needs some sugar, flour and coffee beans! Oh, and spaghetti noodles!" The girl called out the moment she entered the mart.

"Dear, I'm at the back, grab whatever you need yourself!"

She shrugged and grabbed a basket, dumping everything she needed inside. Going up and down the aisle, she managed to sneak a bar of chocolates into the basket. "Imo! I'll leave the money and a list of what I took under the cash register!"

She dug into her pocket, not forgetting to hand over a little more for the chocolate.

"Alright! And before you go," the woman stepped out of the back store while dusting her hands. "Hand over the chocolate bar."

The girl winced when she realised, she got caught.

"Aunty~" She whined. "It's been a long time since I last had chocolate."

The older woman was firm. "Nope, Mrs Kim told me to get you to lay off the sweets. So, I'm afraid you can't get any, Chaeryun."

"Fine."

Chaeryun pulled the chocolate bar out of her pocket and slapped it reluctantly onto the store owner's hand. She took back the money she left for it, picked up the bags that were on the floor before heading out to her bike.

 

Chaeryun returned to the cafe, Mrs Kim walked out of the kitchen, a bright motherly smile on her face. The younger girl pouted.

“Why did you tell Aunty to not give me chocolates?”

A hand came from behind her and started ruffling her hair roughly.

"Aigoo, you're getting chubbier. Lay off the candy."

She whipped around and pushed the hand away. "Ya, Kim Donghan! For your information, chubby girls are better huggers."

He laughed and messed up Chaeryun's hair even more.

" Hands off the merchandise!" She frantically waved her hands around, fending herself from his claws.

Slinging his arm around her shoulders and pulling her close to himself, he gave her a tight side-hug. She bumped her shoulder against his and snapped her head up in mock anger.

"What now?!"

"Aren't you supposed to head to school like," he checked his wrist-clock and clucked his tongue. "Now?"

Chaeryun shrieked and grabbed her bag.

"You better hurry or you'll be late, shortie."

As she hurried out the door, she whipped her head around and blew Donghan raspberry, "We're the same height, oppa."

Donghan stared at the direction she left and shook his head before heading to do his chores, a smile of amusement playing on his lips.

 

**

 

“You’re late.”

A feminine voice deadpanned as Chaeryun screeched to a halt in front of her desk.

“I’m sorry! I was helping out at the café in the morning.”

“Again?”

“Grammy need some help; it was on the way.”

Her friend rolled her eyes, “As long as we’re not late for class.”

“We won’t, dear Soojin. There’s like,” Chaeryun checked her watch. “10 minutes before the bell.”

"Whatever. You're lucky Ms Lim isn't here yet." Chaeryun grinned sheepishly at Soojin and turned back to her bag. “Is there any new gossip today?”

Soojin shook her head, “Nah. Nothing interesting.”

“But?”

“But?” Soojin glanced over at her friend. “What but?”

“Usually, when there’s this little tone in your voice, there’s always a but. Spill it.”

Soojin suddenly straightened her back and leaned closer to Chaeryun, who gave her full attention. “Win didn't come to school today, heard she got sick, and Class A are being split into different classes."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter