s i x

Crush (rewriting)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doorbell rang and Soojin rose her eyebrow. It was only 9.30pm. She went towards the door and peeped through the eyehole. She immediately pulled the door open.

"Chaeryun, Donghan. What are you guys doing together?" She asked. "What are you doing on his back?"

Her eyes wandered down to her friend's leg and gasped when she saw smudged dried blood on her knee. Soojin quickly told Donghan to carry Chaeryun towards the sofa while she grabbed the first-aid kit. He went to the bathroom and grabbed a towel hanging off the shelf. Wetting it thoroughly, he rushed back out to Chaeryun.

Soojin appeared behind him, "What happened to you? Weren't you out with Youngjae?"

Donghan grunted at the sound of his name. He then dapped the dried blood away, before Soojin could apply antiseptic on her wound.

"That dude left Chaeryun alone in the empty street."

Soojin looked at Chaeryun in confusion. She shook her head and glanced at Donghan, who was using the cream on her. She looked back at her friend, "Youngjae didn't! My dress was wet, so he went off to get me a new one. He didn't leave me alone!"

"How did you get injured?" Soojin asked, her eyes pinned on her best friend.

"I was chased by a drunkard. And I ran. I slipped."

 

Donghan wrapped the bandage around her knee and made Chaeryun bend her leg to make sure the bandage isn't too tight.

"You're done." He whispered. He packed up the first-aid kit and handed it back to Soojin.

"Thanks, Donghan, for bringing Chaeryun back."

He shook his head, a soft smile finally tugging on his lips, "She's lucky I was around." He got up and glanced at the clock. "I should be going, I'll tell Grammy to give you a day off tomorrow. Keep the wound away from water when you bathe."

Chaeryun nodded and tried to get up, "I'll walk you out."

He rushed to her before Soojin could and helped her sit back down, "It's okay. I can let myself out. Sit down."

Soojin cocked her head at his concern for Chaeryun and Donghan looked at her, "I'll be going now."

She nodded and led him towards the door. Donghan gave Chaeryun one more glance and smiled at Soojin. She watched him walked a little further and closed the door. She turned around and rose her eyebrow at her best friend.

"Explain." She demanded and Chaeryun sighed.

 

**

 

"I don't think Youngjae left me behind." Chaeryun was now in her nightwear, and the girls were munching on some ice cream. "He told me that he was going to get me a dress, so I really think he went to get me one."

"Then why didn't he pick up your calls?"

"Maybe his mobile ran out of battery?" Chaeryun said unsurely. "I trust him."

A ringing sounded throughout the living room and she recognised it to be hers. She squealed and frantically reached for it, and her fingers came too short. Soojin shook her head at her friend's stupid attempt to get to her phone.

"It's Youngjae." Soojin grabbed the phone and saw the screen.

Chaeryun snatched it away from her friend and quickly picked up the call. She cleared and spoke, "Hello?"

"Oh, thank god." A relieved voice resonated from the other end.

"Youngjae?"

"I went back to the ice cream store and I couldn't find you. I thought something happened to you."

"I went to look for you, because the store was closing. I tried calling you, but you didn't pick up." Chaeryun explained, trying to push Soojin's teasing fingers away from her cheek.

"My mobile ran out of battery. I rushed home to charge it so I could call you." He sighed. "So, you're home now? Safe and sound?"

She glanced at her bandaged knew and nodded, "Yeah, I am."

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"It’s okay," Chaeryun was blushing. "I'm not hurt or anything."

Soojin shook her head at her friend and capped the ice cream back on, bringing the tubs to the kitchen.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then. Rest well. And I'm sorry again."

Chaeryun let out a small laugh.

"It's okay, really. Rest well too, and see you tomorrow." She whispered.

They hung up and Chaeryun hugged her mobile close to her chest, squealing in excitement. Soojin folded her arms and watched her friend roll around on the sofa, wincing whenever she felt pain on her knee.

"You are such an idiot. Do you want your wound to start bleeding again?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter