Table for one

Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo’s tiny daily life details
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jongin gets home, it’s 6:30 in the evening. And there’s no one else there to welcome him as usual, even Monggu. Jongin’s kind of regret having sent that kiddo to Baekhyun’s home for medical checkup, while Kyungsoo is currently stuck at the editorial for the yearly special issue, ‘I’ll eat out with Jongdae, don’t wait for me. Love you!’.

Having struggled in the hectic traffic has made Jongin’s poor stomach grumbling more than usual. He has already taken advantage those lengthy minutes to decide what to have for dinner, so he waits no more, and gets into the cooking. But that is not until he puts John Legend’s ‘Get Lifted’ album on the speaker. Cooking while listening to music, a habit that Kyungsoo and Jongin both shares.

As the pasta starts to soften, Jongin sings along some of the old lines, and skillfully sautes a fillet of salmon. The warm sizzling sound harmonizes smoothly with John Legend’s voice.

 

Oh I'll stay with you through the ups and the downs
Oh I'll stay with you when no one else is around
And when the dark clouds arrive
I will stay by your side
I know we'll be alright
I will stay with you
Everything will be fine.

             

The rich scent of cremè pasta and sauted salmon has the power to melt every hungry soul, but not Jongin’s. As he makes his way to the dinning table, he realizes he doesn’t feel like eating after all. Not a single bit. He’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter