drabble 1

The Park Family

Mornings

 [ The Park Family ]

"Appa!"

Kyungsoo frowns a little in his light slumber and grunts. When he receives no response from next to him, he nudges the long arms wrapped tightly around his body and grunts again. Chanyeol mumbles something incoherent into the back of Kyungsoo's neck and hides his face entirely.

"Appa!"

"Your son is calling for you..." Kyungsoo croaks and cracks an eye open, glancing towards the bedroom door. Chanyeol hums lazily but still refuses to wake up from his dreams.

"He's your son as well..." the sleepy giant tries to argue with a pout. However when Kyungsoo responds by punching him in the stomach, Chanyeol unwilling gets out of bed with haggard breaths and stumbles towards their son's room.

As he swings open the door, Chanyeol sees Sehun sitting upright in his tiny bed with a pout almost identical to his own, and suddenly, any annoyance he felt from earlier dissipated. Grinning broadly with sleepy eyes, he rushes into Sehun's bed and tickles his fussy son until giggles fill up the entire room. Then side by side squished into the small bed, they lay staring at each other as Sehun's little fingers touch all over's Chanyeol's face.

"Where's appa?" the five-year-old asks and pokes into Chanyeol's nostril, much to his father's dismay.

"Appa's here, silly," Chanyeol whispers and shifts to avoid Sehun's naughty fingers again, "Is our Sehunnie still half asleep?"

"You're not appa, you're Yoda," Sehun teases and smiles mischievously, his eyes squinting into two small crescent moons. Chanyeol clicks his tongue at his son's cheekiness and pins the boy to the bed again. Not willing to show any mercy, he tickles Sehun until the boy is squealing and laughing wildly while shouting 'Appa save me!' and 'Yoda is bullying me!'.

Finally, Kyungsoo shows up at Sehun's room as well and he cannot help but chuckle at the playful scene in front of him. Sehun's little feet is pushing desperately against Chanyeol's chin while laughing heartily and the tall man had wrapped his long legs completely around his son's thin body, his arms flailing about trying to tickle the young boy. There is so much happiness radiating from his son and husband, Kyungsoo even feels a little jealous for being left out. So without a second thought, he also dives into the senseless ongoing wrestling and helps to free Sehun by tickling Chanyeol. Noticing he has received reinforcement from his beloved Appa, Sehun cheers loudly and hops on top of Chanyeol with Kyungsoo as the silly giant screams and wiggles like a crazy man, struggling to escape from his husband's teasing fingers.

After another five minutes of wrestling, tickling, and general rough housing, fathers and son have all ended up on the floor, each of them panting heavily but still giggling. Kyungsoo smiles fondly at his son and husband, who are lying in the exact same position while basking in the early sunshine. Leaning over, he presses a quick kiss on Sehun's forehead then on Chanyeol's chapped lips.

"Good morning, family," he says softly and two pairs of bright, smiling eyes look back at him overflowing with love.

"Good morning, Appa!"

"Good morning, Kyungsoo."

It's the beginning of another wonderful day at the Park Family.
 


Originally posted to twitter @catboxjellyfish 3/20/2016