His house

One lost star

The weekend went by fast as always. Taehyung spent his Saturday at the library where he studied for a few hours before he went home to Jimin, who was still sick. He took him out to a park and they took a quick lunch before Jimin walked home again because it was too cold. Then Taehyung got home and helped his mother to prepare dinner.

Taehyung wanted the weekend to end, he just wanted to see Jungkook on the bus again. He made some breakfast at 10 am and then went to the gym for an hour. When he came home he took a shower and then went to his bed again. He laid down and looked out of the big window right in front of him that showed the whole city. He started to laugh when it started raining and he saw the people who ran into the buildings, it looked so funny. After half an hour, Taehyung was sleeping again.

Taehyung walked confident and happy to the bus stop, because he knew he would see Jungkook. He got on at the exact same time as always, and he sat down on the same seat as he did last time, next to Jungkook's. The bus stopped a few minutes later at Jungkook's stop and Taehyung was ready to see the younger boy walk on, but it was only an older woman. He turned around to see if Jungkook maybe missed the bus, but the road was empty. 'Weird, why isn't he here?', Taehyung thought to himself and looked down, disappointed.

Jimin was feeling better and he and Hoseok met Taehyung outside school and greeted him with hugs. Taehyung tried to smile and stay happy, but he was worried about Jungkook. When school started Taehyung ran to his locker and took his English book and entered class. He wasn't paying any attention to any of his classes which caused him to get a detention at the end of the day.

He met Jimin and Hoseok at lunch and they decided to eat the food from the cafeteria: ramen and chicken. They got up on the roof and sat on the bench and in complete silence, they ate their food like hamsters. Hoseok finally broke the silence when he was done and looked at Taehyung who only moved his one chopstick around in the food, without eating it. "Taehyungie, how are you?", Hoseok asked worriedly and Taehyung looked up.  "Ah it's nothing, hyung", Taehyung answered and forced himself to smile. "Why aren't you eating then?", Hoseok asked with his arms crossed like a mom. "Yah! I'm not in the mood for it", Taehyung said loud which made Jimin drop his chopsticks. Hoseok breathed calmly and looked at Taehyung who seemed tense. "Taehyung, we know that something isn't right", Hoseok said and Taehyung looked down at his food again. "It's a boy, his name is Jungkook", he started.

Jungkook didn't show up on the bus for the next three days and Taehyung was worried. He still tried to block the thoughts by just asking himself if he maybe scared the kid away, or if he maybe moved and didn't take the bus anymore. But then it came, when Taehyung gave up his searching for him, that a dark brown haired boy ran towards Taehyung in the bus.

"Taehyung!", Jungkook screamed and shook his shoulders because Taehyung didn't notice him when he was half asleep. When he suddenly woke up, he smiled and hugged Jungkook, he hugged him. They hugged. The both boys blushed and felt the awkward air in between them as they sat next to each other. Taehyung tried to come up with something, but he didn't wanted to press him out. "Where were you? I didn't see you on the bus", Taehyung asked. Jungkook looked down and then looked at him again. Taehyung could now see his face better than before, and he had more bruises and another scar. "How.. Ho-how are you?", he asked and looked at the boy. "I'm fine, don't worry about me", Jungkook answered and Taehyung heard in his voice that he lied.

"Yo Taehyung?", he asked before the bus stopped at Gangnam station. "Can I get your number so we can talk to each other?", Jungkook then asked with a little blush on his chubby cheeks. Taehyung smiled and gave his number and then waved at Jungkook when he walked away. Taehyung finally got his number, they could talk. But something wasn't really alright, and Taehyung just couldn't let Jungkook go away.

"Stop the bus!", Taehyung screamed right after the bus started driving again. Taehyung ran off and started running to train number 35, where he saw Jungkook. He decided to not go close to him, but he still wanted to see him. Taehyung bought a ticket and walked on the train, a few seats away from Jungkook. When he sat down, he texted Hoseok that he felt sick and couldn't come to school today.

Jungkook jumped off the train two hours later and Taehyung hurried out so he still could see him. He looked at a sign, he was in Busan, far away from home, with nothing with him. He was planning on going back, but he saw Jungkook around the corner with two older men, and ran fast to the place. He hid behind a few meters away but he was still capable of hearing what they said. They didn't say much though, Taehyung only heard someone with a dark voice saying money and then he heard, what he thought was Jungkook's voice, a scream from a boy and then he heard someone who cried. He was scared of what happened with him and decided to run to him when the two men left.

"Jungkook..Jungkook, h-how are you?", Taehyung asked quiet and tried to wake the boy who looked like he was sleeping. He checked his pulse when he didn't respond, he was alive. "I'm going to call an ambulance", Taehyung said and picked up his phone. With shaky fingers, he pressed the numbers and called. "Hello, my name is Taehyung and my friend..", was all Taehyung said before someone hang up the call. Jungkook took Taehyung's phone and gave away a loud moan.

"What are you doing here?", Jungkook said as he stretched out and put his hand on his wound. "I'm worried", Taehyung said. Jungkook looked down and started crying because his horrible pain and Taehyung didn't know what to do. "You'll be okay. I promise", Taehyung said and took his hand. He felt the warmth and then he helped Jungkook to stand up. "We should go to the hospital", Taehyung said. Jungkook shook his head and changed way. They started walking to what Taehyung thought it was, Jungkook's house. Jungkook nodded. "I know how to handle these problems".

Taehyung helped Jungkook with unlocking the house and held his arm as he slowly walked in. He helped him sit down on the couch and when he laid down and yawned, Taehyung went around in his house, looking after his room. He walked up the stairs, ignoring how messy his house was, and found a small room with blue walls. When he walked in, he saw trophies from different sports competitions and a lot of photos of his family. He walked to the bed and grabbed the blue blanket and a white pillow and walked down to the couch, where the little boy now laid, half asleep.

Taehyung grabbed some pills and a glass of water and made Jungkook drink it, with the words that the pain is going to disappear. Then he sat on the floor next to the couch and took up his phone. He saw that Hoseok called him four times so he got up and walked out of the house and called him.

"You did what?!", Hoseok screamed through the phone as Taehyung told him to calm down. "I helped a younger boy, he was getting beaten up and he was hurt", he answered softly. Hoseok breathed heavily through the phone. "Did you get hurt?", he asked after a few seconds of silence. Then he heard a voice. "Tae-taehy-hyung?", a bright voice said and Hoseok called after Taehyung who didn't answer him.

Taehyung left his phone on the ground as he heard Jungkook's soft voice from the inside. He got up and ran into the boy who sat up in the couch. He sat next to him and put his hands around his shoulders. "My back hurts", he said, still with tears in his eyes. Taehyung wasn't good with dealing with these kinds of problems so he put his hand on his cheeks and with his soft fingers, he pushed away his tears. Jungkook looked up at the elder and gave away a little smile before he burst out in a load moan as Taehyung accidentally touched his new scar. "", he said and ran around the house looking for alcohol.

He came back a few minutes later with a first aid kit and more pills for Jungkook. He sat down next to him on the couch again. Taehyung's hands started to shake when he took up the alcohol and a piece of cotton and before he dabbed Jungkook's wound, he held his hand and helped him. "I'm used to doing this by myself", he said and let Taehyung go off the piece of cotton. He placed it on this cheek and took deep breaths as Taehyung sat next to him and stared at him. When he finished, he took the pills and laid down again. "Are you okay?", Taehyung said and got up from the couch. The boy nodded. "I'll be alright, this isn't the first time anything like this happens", he answered and smiled. "I have to go home, it's already 4 pm", Taehyung said and looked down at the floor. "Hey", Jungkook said and when Taehyung looked up, he grabbed his hand and pulled him closer. "I'll be fine", he said and let Taehyung go again.

Taehyung was looking back when Jungkook got attacked earlier and he tried to figure out what they talked about. He felt so sorry about the younger and he wondered about his situation. Then he decided to go home and take a shower and then go back to Jungkook's house for the rest of the night. The train arrived at Gangnam Station 6:45 pm and he took the first bus home.

At 9:50 pm, he arrived back at Jungkook's house and he knocked on the door softly. When no one opened the door, he tried to open it and walked quietly in. "Hello?", he said in the dark house. "Taehyung?", a similar voice said as Taehyung the lights. Taehyung walked to the couch with his bag and put it down on the table. "Taehyung, what are you doing here?", Jungkook asked. Taehyung sat next to him and pulled his hand through Jungkook's messy hair, so he could see his eyes. "I wanted to help you, you're obviously not okay", Taehyung answered and the younger blushed. As Taehyung got up and walked to the kitchen to make food, Jungkook got up and walked behind him. He then sat down on the chair next to the dining table and looked at Taehyung's books. "What are all these?", Jungkook asked, looking very suspicious. Taehyung laughed as he decided to make ramen and chicken soup. "It's my school stuff, you know", Taehyung answered. Jungkook opened the first book, history and gave away a 'wow, not something for me' and closed the book. Taehyung laughed and turned around to the younger. "Why not?", he asked and laughed. "It's too complicated for me, I've never learned anything like this", he answered and looked at his next book, math. "Do you go to school?", Taehyung asked after a while. Jungkook shook his head. "I'm homeschooled, but it didn't work out", he answered. Taehyung took off the ramen and put it together with the soup in to large bowls. He gave Jungkook one and then sat down.

"My family couldn't afford my school fee after they got divorced", Jungkook said as they started eating. "My mom left the country and went to America and my dad stayed here with me", Jungkook continued and ate more of the ramen, which Taehyung thought tasted really good.  "My dad could barely effort this house, but he spent all money on me. He took me to my dance and sport practices, he made me food and helped me with my homeworks. But one day he got hit by a car and now he's at the hospital. I got a job to save money so I could afford this house, but I had to stop with my online school. I work in Seoul at the nights, so that's why I always take the same bus as you", he said and finished his ramen. "Why did those mean hit you earlier? And why didn't you show up on the bus?", Taehyung asked worriedly. Jungkook laughed. "So you thought about me those days when I was at the hospital to hang out with my dad?", he answered, with a flirty voice. Taehyung nodded. "And the older dudes, well. They also work at my job and they don't get as much salary as I get. So they always beats me up after work and they want my money", he said. "Did they rob you?", Taehyung asked. He nodded. "Only once, guess my gym time shows some results", he said and flashed his biceps in front of Taehyung.

The boy, who almost fell asleep when Taehyung did the dishes, went back to the couch and got under his blanket. Taehyung walked back to him with his books and sat next to him again. "I'm going to do my homeworks now and I want you to do them with me", Taehyung said with a bright smile on his face. "Ah, Taehyung, please. I'm hurt, I'm tired. Don't make me go through something called homeworks", Jungkook answered and pulled the blanket over his head. Taehyung pulled him up. "I need to impress someone, did you think I would let you try speaking English?", he laughed. "Yah!  My mom lives in America, she's good", Jungkook said, defending his mother. "Your mother is good, not you", he said and laughed. Jungkook hit him and laughed and instead of hitting him back, Taehyung pulled the younger down again. "You can relax. I'll just practice my English", Taehyung said and opened his book.

Jungkook didn't understand anything of what Taehyung said, but he enjoyed his profile. He noticed some things on Taehyung as he 'relaxed'. Taehyung had a habit of biting his lips when he talked, and when he was unsure of what he was going to say, he flexed his jaw and Jungkook thought that it was extremely attractive. He also noticed how Taehyung laughed in a completely different way when he was unsure.  Taehyung then suddenly turned around to look at Jungkook when he was staring at him. "What do you think?", he asked. "Well, I don't understand English, but you seem really good at it", Jungkook answered and smiled. Taehyung started laughing and put away his books. "I've studied English for five years now", he said and Jungkook looked at him with a shocking face. He never thought Taehyung would study English. "I've always wanted to work abroad and I think of moving to Europe after I graduate", he said, confident. "Wow Tae, that's amazing. You should really do it", Jungkook said and sat up, ignoring that his whole body hurt. Taehyung smiled back as a response and then yawned when he saw that it was 11 pm.

The two boys brushed their teeth in the bathroom. Jungkook sat on the toilet, almost falling asleep. And Taehyung stood next to him, trying to keep the boy awake. When he spat out his toothpaste and washed his face, he noticed that he had gotten a pimple on his right cheek. "Oh my god, look. It's a cute pimple. Welcome friend", he said and laughed. Jungkook laughed too, which caused him to spit out his toothpaste too. "I can't believe you're graduating this year. You're acting like a child", Jungkook said and laughed so hard that his stomach hurt. "I am a child", Taehyung answered and walked closer to the younger. "Let's go to sleep, Jungkook", he said and opened the door for him. He walked with Jungkook to the couch and gave him water and two pills and then walked up to Jungkook's room.

His room had light blue walls and a big white bed. There were two big and white shelves with over ten trophies on. Taehyung studied them. Three of them were from his soccer matches, one was from a basketball match where he came on third place. The rest was from his dance camp when he came on first place in the tournaments. "I guess he's good at dancing", Taehyung said to himself as he took a white blanket from Jungkook's wardrobe and then got to bed.

Taehyung woke up at 7:56 of Jungkook's loud moan. He got up and ran down the stairs, just to find Jungkook with messy hair, cleaning the house. "Jungkook! What are you doing?", Taehyung asked as he ran down to him. "I'm just in the mood for cleaning, but my back still hurts a little", he answered and stopped to sit down on the couch. Taehyung walked to the couch and pushed him down. "You need to rest and recover. I'll make some breakfast for us", Taehyung said and walked out in the kitchen after Jungkook laid down again.

He made some scramble eggs and a few sandwiches to Jungkook and gave them to him. The boys sat quietly on the couch, dressed in their clothes from yesterday, with messy hair, in a completely messy house and ate their breakfast. Taehyung wasn't good at cooking, but he thought he did a great job when he cooked dinner and made breakfast for him and Jungkook. "Sorry for waking you up, hyung", Jungkook started. Taehyung looked at the younger boy who put away his plate and looked down. "Don't worry. I should leave for school soon. I'll be late, but it doesn't matter", he said and put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. One thing he learned about Jungkook was that he's really sensitive and he apologized a lot.

Taehyung got up and did the dishes, then he took his phone and texted Hoseok that he wouldn't come to the bus stop at the same time as he used to. After that, he looked at Jungkook who had fallen asleep on the couch. He smiled when he looked at the boy who was sleeping peacefully. Taehyung took his books and put them in his bag and then he brushed his teeth and was ready to leave for school.

He opened the front door quietly and was ready to walk out when something stopped him. Jungkook held him around his waist and pulled him close. "Thank you for taking care of me, hyung. No one has ever done that to me in ages", he whispered and smiled at Taehyung who also smiled. He hugged Jungkook for a few minutes before waving goodbye and leaving his house. Taehyung walked to the station and took the first train back to Gangnam. He arrived at 11:50 and realized that he had lunch at 12. He called Hoseok to see if he and Jimin would join him for a nice lunch out in the amazing fall weather.

They met in the city 12:20 and bought three salads and soda. They sat outside and started eating, but Hoseok couldn't let his eyes go off Taehyung. "What did you do yesterday? And why didn't you come to school today?", he said, angrily. Taehyung finished his soda and looked at him. "Let me just say that Jungkook", he started, and then turned around to Jimin. "I don't know if you remember, but I always see a boy on the bus every morning, that's Jungkook", he said and when Jimin nodded, he continued. "He was beaten up by two older men who robbed him", he said and looked at the clock. "Don't worry about the time, tell us everything", Hoseok said and looked at him like an angry mother. Taehyung continued and told them about how he helped him home and how he made dinner and breakfast and how he read his English homework for him. 

Hoseok and Jimin couldn't stop talking about Jungkook for the rest of the day, Taehyung even heard them when they were on their way to their classes. They talked about how much they wanted Taehyung to date Jungkook. 'Date Jungkook? Hah, that's never going to happen. How can I fall in love with a boy?', Taehyung thought to himself, a thought he later realized was a lie.


So this was my second chapter. A lot happened in this one and it might be a little long. Please subscribe and comment if there's anything you wanna ask or say!