His experiences

One lost star

There will be mentions about suicide in this chapter so I'll mark the beginning with an * and I'll also end it with an *.


Taehyung didn't talk to Jungkook for over a week, mostly because he never showed up on the bus anymore, but also because Taehyung didn't dare to text him. He was worried about him and he was wondering what happened. Maybe he got beaten up, maybe he visited his dad and he became sicker or maybe he just took a break and didn't want to talk to Tae anymore.

"Excuse me, Mr. Kim", the teacher said and coughed loudly. Taehyung looked up and he noticed over 20 faces who stared at him. He then looked at his angry teacher and felt his cheeks turning red. "I'm-I'm sorry, teacher. I just don't feel well", he said and took some deep breaths when the teacher ignored him and continued with the class. Taehyung then felt a knock on his shoulders and he turned around to one of his classmates, Mark. "Dude. Who is Jungkook?", he said and Taehyung felt his cheeks turning even redder. "What do you mean?", he asked back, confused. "You were screaming a name while you were asleep. You were like 'Jungkook, don't go' and 'Jungkook, don't leave me here alone'", he said and tried to impersonate what it looked like. Taehyung felt sick and ran out of his chair and out from their classroom.

He got to the bathroom and looked the door. Then he looked at himself in the mirror and threw water at himself. 'Why am I so obsessed with Jungkook? And why do I care about him so much?', he asked himself every time he threw more water at his face.

Taehyung skipped the other two classes and the lunch, he just sat next to the toilet with his face in his hands, just trying to not think of Jungkook. "Taehyung?", he heard someone after a while. He didn't answer. "It's Eric, please let me in", the voice said again and Taehyung slowly unlocked the door. Eric got into the toilet to see Taehyung who was looking down. "You missed lunch", he said. Taehyung didn't answer. "You know, there were two boys, who I guess are your friends, who ran around the whole school asking where you were", he said and Taehyung looked up. Jimin and Hoseok. "They also said something about someone in a hospital, I couldn't hear his name, but it was something with 'kook' I think", he added and Taehyung got up and ran out. "Thank you, principal"

He ran through the school, past his locker that he didn't care about. He just ran, without his jacket and his bag, out to the bus stop and took the bus who, luckily, arrived at the same time as himself. He got on and took a seat and called Hoseok, who he found it easier to talk to because he was older. "Hello Taeh-", he started but stopped when Taehyung started talking. "Where is Jungkook?", he said and he heard that Hoseok took a deep breath on the other line. "He's in the hospital", he answered. "What hospital?", Taehyung asked, with a special anger in his body. Hoseok told him.

Taehyung arrived at Gangnam station and ran to the train who left the station only 10 minutes later. It was cold on the train and Taehyung regretted that he didn't brought his jacket. He took one of the blankets from the seat next to him and took up his phone. He searched for news in Busan to see if any news about Jungkook would show up. It showed a few links, the newest one got reported only two hours ago and he clicked on the link.

* A boy, without any identity, so far, was almost killed as he got driven over by a car in full speed at the time 11:35 in Busan's busiest street. * The boy came to the hospital only a few minutes after the man who drove called for an ambulance. The boy is still not conscious and we haven't got any information from him or where he's from or even his name. If you know anything about the accident or the boy please..

Was everything he read before closing the phone and started to cry. He just wanted to arrive, to the hospital so he could run in and just hug Jungkook, tell him that everything was alright. But it would take longer. He arrived in Busan at 4:57 pm and ran to the hospital which was close to the station. He got in and didn't care about the patients who looked at him weirdly. A man, without a jacket, running into a hospital when it's 4 degrees outside. He got to the desk where four women was and he felt a certain anger build up inside of him.

"Excuse me, what room number belongs to Jeon Jungkook? The boy who almost died today", Taehyung said, and the women got surprised that he said his whole name. "Sorry, we only accept family members and you seem more like a friend", one of the women said. Taehyung could barely control his body, he was angry. But he couldn't do anything, all these people around him who looked at him, who thought he was some serial killer. "I don't care, I need to see him", he said. The woman shook her head. "The exit is that way, come back with a family member and you'll see him", she said and pointed at the door behind him. He walked closer to her, he couldn't control his anger anymore. "He doesn't have a family!", he screamed and the woman backed.* "His dad is dying at another hospital and his mom isn't even in this country anymore!" *, he added with a louder voice. "I am his only friend. He gets beaten up every day, I live in Seoul, I worry about him all the time, I would risk anything to just see him, well and alive", he said quietly and looked down, he almost cried, but he couldn't, not in front of all these people. "His room number is 256, it's on the second floor", the woman said without looking at him and then he ran, up the stairs and around the corridor, until he finally saw it. Room 256.

"Jj-Jungkook?", Taehyung asked calmly as he walked in to the dark room. He closed the door and walked quietly to the bed where the younger laid. He didn't respond. 'Just calm down, Tae. He isn't dead', he told himself as he stood next to the bed. He looked at the TV next to the bed and his heart was beating, he was okay, he was actually more than okay. His organs were totally fine. Then Taehyung looked down at the boy. Big bruises on his chest, even more scars on his cheeks, his hair was messy and he was still kind of bleeding from his head. Taehyung sat on the chair next to the bed and took Jungkook's hand. He felt warmer, even though both Taehyung and Jungkook were freezing cold. Taehyung smiled as he felt his body warmth and he could just look at the boy's face all night.

A few minutes later, a nurse arrived, and she quietly walked in. "Do you know what happened to him? I need to know", Taehyung said and turned around. The nurse nodded and took another chair. * "The driver called us and said that a boy came flying down from the building next to the road. About 30 meters up", she started and Taehyung looked away, he breathed heavily and he couldn't look at Jungkook. Did he try to kill himself? * "It's a miracle that he's still alive, and that his organs are well and that he only has some bruises on the outside", the nurse added and got up. She walked to the wardrobe in the big room and took out a blanket and a pillow. Then she walked back to Taehyung who was very worried. "When will he wake up?", Taehyung asked and took the blanket and put it around him. She looked at Taehyung and then at Jungkook. "It would be a surprise if he didn't wake up so, I would say maybe two-three days", she said and Taehyung nodded. She walked to the door and opened it. "You can stay by his side for tonight ", the nurse said and walked out. "Also, there's a coffee and food shop next to the hospital, just ask me for money if you need. My name is Jihyun", she said and left.

Taehyung looked at the boy who slept peacefully. He took the chair closer to his bed and curled up like a ball with the blanket around him. He held his hand and tried to sleep even if he was surrounded by beep sounds from the machine who controlled his breathing. "Everything will be alright, Jungkook. I'll never leave your side", Taehyung said.

Taehyung fell asleep extremely early, it was only 6:50, but it felt like it was night. He woke up only a few minutes later by a phone call from Jimin, who was with Hoseok. They asked him about it and Taehyung told them about it, everything.

He got up and looked at himself in the mirror, he looked like a mess. He had bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep he got, and his cheeks hurt because he cried while he was asleep. His hair was messy and it took him another five minutes to make it look good. He walked back to Jungkook's bed and looked at him. "I'll be back", he whispered. Then he walked out.

The hospital was quiet and he felt a bit relaxed as he took the elevator down to the desk where Jihyun was. "Hello", she said and gave him a bright smile that made him a little happier. "You look like you need some coffee and a sandwich", she said and Taehyung shyly nodded. She gave him some money and showed him the exit, he thanked her and walked out.

It was extremely cold, it was maybe -1 because it was December and there Taehyung walked, with a hoodie, not caring about what everyone thought about him. He got in and looked around, it smelled amazingly good and it was warm there. He bought a cappuccino and two donuts and then walked out again. He didn't care about the cold weather, he had a hot drink and his dinner was donuts. When he arrived at the dead park, he sat on a cold bench and tried to eat his donuts even though he was freezing. After only a few minutes, that felt like ages for Taehyung, he finally finished his donuts and he walked around with his cappuccino, looking for a flower shop. When he found one, about 10 minutes from the park, he got in and smelled all the flowers. He smiled at the old lady who greeted him and he took up his money that he had left. "What do you need help with?", the old lady said and came towards him. "My friend, uhm. He's in hospital and he's unconscious. I want to buy a cute flower because I have school tomorrow and I'm the only one who visited him", he said quietly. 

The lady gave him a bouquet of red and pink roses and a cute teddy bear and told him that he could get it for free. He thanked her and gave her a hug before he walked out. The weather was even colder now and it was getting pretty late. He gave Jihyun her money that he still had and he walked up to Jungkook's room. He was still not contactable.

He put his drink on the table and walked around as he tried to find a pen. He found a red pen that didn't work well, but it was good enough for a few sentences. The lady gave him a card and he picked it up and placed the pen on it. "Hello Jungkook. I hope you're feeling better. I've been here with you for a few hours now but it's time for me to go to school. Please contact me when you're awake, I care about you a lot. Hugs from Taehyung", he wrote down. Then he placed the bouquet and the card on the table next to his bed and fell asleep in the chair.

Jungkook didn't wake up for another two days, and Taehyung decided to skip school until he was sure that Jungkook was awake and was feeling well. 

Taehyung jumped out of his bed when he got a text from a number that said: "Hello hyung, I'm awake and my body is hurting a bit // Jungkook". He was happy, the boy was finally awake but he couldn't visit him yet. He texted him back that he would visit him on the weekend because he had school.

Taehyung started his morning like the other mornings, he skipped breakfast and cleaned the house, just because his family went away for another trip again. After the cleaning, it was 7:40 am and he decided to take a long and relaxing shower before going to school. Jimin and Hoseok hugged him when they met at the bus stop and asked him if he was feeling well. He nodded.

He wasn't ready for his classes yet, all he did when he skipped school was lying in bed all day, just thinking of Jungkook. So he joined Jimin and Hoseok with their dance classes. He got asked if he wanted to dance together with them, and he knew he could dance, but he denied. He sat in the corner and looked at the boys when they were practicing. They were really good. 

The boys stayed inside and ate their lunch now that the winter was coming and it got freezing cold. They drank warm chocolate and ate their sandwiches before Taehyung decided to not skip his last class. "I'll leave you, I can't miss my English class. I'll see you after school", he said and ran to his class when he realized that his class started just a few minutes later. 

Taehyung didn't wanted to be home alone for the rest of the week and he slept at Jimin's place. They walked together to the station and took the train to Hoseok who joined them and then they went to school. It was Thursday and Taehyung decided to go to his classes. He started with PE, but he skipped it. Then it was time for English, his favourite subject. The class was 2 hours long and he felt a lot more relaxed after it. Then it was time for lunch, and he met the boys again. 

"I'm so excited to see Jungkook again", Taehyung said with a smile on his face. Today was a good day for him, and the boys was extremely happy that they saw a smile on his face. "Do you like him?", Hoseok said after a few minutes of silence. "What?", Taehyung asked and turned to him. "What do you mean by that?", he continued, confused. Hoseok laughed. "Don't you know what that means?", he asked back to a confused Taehyung. "I've never dated anyone before, I don't know what it feels like to like someone", he said and looked down. Jimin put his hand on his shoulder. "You'll find someone soon, don't worry Taehyungie", he said and pointed at his food, and Taehyung started to eat again. "I'm sorry for asking that question", Hoseok apologized when the lunch break was almost over. "It's okay, hyung ", Taehyung answered.

The day had come, it was Saturday morning and Taehyung woke up even earlier than he used to do on weekends. He took a shower, and stood in front of the mirror for another 20 minutes, deciding what to wear, and what way his hair should be like.

Three hours later, he arrived to the hospital and he met Jihyun again. She greeted him and said that Jungkook still hadn't moved, he only drank a little water. Taehyung nodded and walked out to the coffee shop where he bought a hot chocolate and a sandwich to Jungkook. Then he walked in and walked up to the second floor. For some reason that he couldn't explain, he felt really nervous but excited and he started to feel butterflies like he'd never felt before.

He took a few deep breaths and then he opened the door, slowly. "Jungkook?", he asked softly and he heard a small moan. "Come in", he said and Taehyung walked in. He closed the door behind him and looked down at the younger. "Thank you for the flowers, they smell good", Jungkook said when Taehyung sat down on the chair next to the bed. Taehyung nodded and gave him the hot chocolate and the sandwich. "Tae! You didn't have to buy me this!", Jungkook said and hit him with the power he had, he didn't have any. Taehyung laughed. "You need to eat, you haven't eaten for like a week. It's important for your health", Taehyung answered and took off his jacket when he saw that Jungkook tried to eat.

Taehyung stayed for two more hours, the only thing he did was looking at Jungkook who almost fell asleep every 10 minutes and then Taehyung just woke him up and talked about life. He felt relaxed and happy when he was around Jungkook. "How are you feeling?", Taehyung asked when the younger drank his hot chocolate. "I'm okay, hyung", Jungkook answered.

It was the beginning of December and by this time, it was completely dark and Taehyung was scared when he took the train home. But Jungkook called him, and they didn't stop talking until Taehyung laid in his bed and the time was 1am. He yawned and said to Jungkook on the other line that he would go to bed, but no one answered him. "Jungkookie?", Taehyung asked. No one answered. Taehyung sighed and then his face became a big smile when he heard Jungkook. "I'm sorry, hyung. I think I fell asleep", Jungkook said with a low voice. "Don't apologize please, you should sleep, it's pretty late", he said and felt like a dad. "But Taehyung, I want to talk to you more", he said and Taehyung could see a picture of Jungkook begging Taehyung to stay by his side. He laughed. "Fine. What do you want to talk about?", he asked and Jungkook thought for a while. Then Taehyung heard a few sobs from the other line. "Jungkook? Are you alright?", Taehyung asked worriedly. "It's so lonely here and I'm scared", he answered and Taehyung sat up from his bed. "Why are you scared? You're 16, Jungkook", he said and laughed a bit. "I don't want to meet those men again", he said and Taehyung sighed. "Jungkook?", he asked and Jungkook gave away a little yes. "What happened that day?". Taehyung wanted to wait for Jungkook to talk about it himself, but he just had to know.

* "I don't remember everything, but I guess it's like what it says on the news. I jumped off a building and got driven over but managed to survive",* he said and Taehyung started to worry again. "Jungkook, please go to sleep. I'll visit you tomorrow, let's do something fun. Okay?", he said and Jungkook gave away a yes. "Goodnight Jungkook", he said and hung up.

Hoseok offered Taehyung to drive him to the hospital because Taehyung spent way too much money on the train to Busan. Hoseok was still wondering if they were dating and that was the only thing he talked about on his way to the hospital. "I'm not attracted to him!", Taehyung said, a little angrier this time. "Then why do you worry about him all the time?", Hoseok asked back. "His life is hard and I'm his only friend", he answered and started smiling. Hoseok saw and stopped the car. "You like him", he said. Taehyung shook his head. "At least you think he's hot", Hoseok said again, but Taehyung didn't shake his head, nor did he nod. "I mean he looks good but I say that to you too", Taehyung defended himself. "Fine. But when you're coming for me and asking me for advices on how you take out boys on a first date, then I won't help", he said and opened the door for Taehyung. "Bye Taehyung, have fun with your little friend", he said and Taehyung left.

Taehyung sent a message to Jungkook that he was coming and a few minutes later he knocked on his door. "Who is it?", Jungkook said and Taehyung opened the door a little. "It's Taehyung", he said. "Okay, come in", he answered and Taehyung walked in and closed the door. When he turned to Jungkook, he saw that the younger was taking off his shirt, and he was studying his bruises on his back. Taehyung ran to him with a worried face. "Jungkook!", he said. Jungkook nodded and looked down at his extremely skinny body in the mirror. "When did you last eat a whole meal?", Taehyung asked. Jungkook thought for a while and didn't get to answer before Taehyung was hugging him from the back. "I'll take you out on a lunch. We can eat fried chicken. Everything for you", he said and let go off him. "Thank you hyung", Jungkook answered shyly and put on his shirt and his jacket. 

It was quite cold and cloudy outside and Taehyung didn't like the weather at all. He liked snow and the winter, but the weather before that could shift from warm to cold in just a day, was horrific. The two boys walked through the park, with a meter of a distance between them. They didn't talk and it was just a really awkward feeling in the air. Then Jungkook pointed to a mini place with cheap, and what Taehyung thought, was disgusting and fat food. They walked in to the two women behind the desk and Taehyung let Jungkook order whatever he wanted. Taehyung could see how Jungkook was literally drooling when he looked through the menu and when he turned to him and asked if he could order whatever he wanted, Taehyung nodded.

They sat down and Taehyung forced himself to eat the disgusting, fat and fried chicken that he hated. But he saw that Jungkook ate it, he literally threw it in his mouth and Taehyung forced him to eat more slowly. But he was happy that Jungkook ate, and that he probably would become bigger again. "What did they gave you at the hospital?", Taehyung asked when he drank his soda. Jungkook looked at him and started laughing. "They didn't give me any food. They gave me medicine and then they sometimes brought some coffee", he said. "That's why I hate this hospital", he added and Taehyung looked up, confused. "What do you mean? Isn't this hospital good?", he asked. Jungkook shook his head. "They only care about the good looking men who comes with injuries so they can see their abs", he said. "How do you know that?", Taehyung asked. "It's not my first time here", he answered.

* "I've actually tried to commit suicide four to five times" *, Jungkook said when they were walking out to the cold city. "Ho-how are you still alive?", Taehyung asked really worried. "I don't even know actually.  I guess I'm a miracle", he said and laughed. Taehyung could feel in his laugh that he just wanted to stop the talk and just wander around, so they did. Their big distance and their long and awkward silence followed.

Taehyung walked together with him through the park again, and they somehow walked much closer than before. When they stood in front of the hospital and Taehyung looked down at his clock, he felt something. Then he looked up, it was snowing! "It's snowing Jungkook!", he said happily. "It's actually snowing!", he added and started running around like a child. Jungkook sat down on a bench to catch his breath. But he still laughed. "I can't believe you're 18", he said. Taehyung ran to him and picked him up. "We should do something", he said. Jungkook looked at him. He was really tired, the heavy medicines made him so tired that he couldn't even speak. "I want to sleep, Taehyung", he said and started to doze off. It stopped snowing and Taehyung was a little disappointed. "Okay, Jungkook. Let's go in", he said and walked through the hospital to his room.

Jungkook was laid to his bed and while he tried to sleep, Taehyung looked out of the window. It had started to snow again. His phone started ringing and it was Hoseok. He turned around and saw that Jungkook was sleeping, so he took the chance to quietly answer Hoseok's call and walk out. "I'm on my way out, hyung", he said but was stopped when he heard a voice again. "Don't leave me", Jungkook said and Taehyung closed the door. "I'll come out later", he said to Hoseok and hung up. "Can you please turn off the lights?", Jungkook asked and Taehyung did as he said. He sat on the chair next to the bed and looked at Jungkook who was sleeping. Without even knowing it, his thoughts were only about Jungkook. He basically stared at the boy. Then he opened his eyes again and Taehyung looked away. "I sometimes wish that I wasn't alive, but things stopped me. All the time", Jungkook said. Taehyung looked at him again. "Who?", Taehyung asked back. "When I was falling down the building, I closed my eyes and I thought of someone", he started and Taehyung was really confused. "I just don't know who. I sometimes see a blurry picture of the person, but I can't explain who it is", he added. He took a few breaths and continued. "When I landed on that hard car and when I was unconscious, I only thought about that person ", he said. Taehyung stood up. "I think these medicines are making you a little weird. You should sleep. I'll visit you next weekend", he said and walked to the door. Before he walked out, he heard his voice again. "Can you please visit my dad someday? Just tell him that I love him", Jungkook said and Taehyung nodded before he walked out to Hoseok.

The way home seemed so long and quiet. Hoseok played his music on the lowest volume and he didn't talk to Taehyung. "Are you staying at Jimin's house or at yours?", he asked when they were finally back in the right city. "I'll stay at Jimin's. I have all my stuff there", Taehyung answered and looked out of the window. It wasn't that late, but it was already dark. He looked at the big moon who shone down on them and the little stars who light up the sky. "What are you thinking about?", Hoseok asked and looked at him. Taehyung turned back to him again. "What? I'm not thinking of anyone", he said and defended himself. At that time, he was just confused over everything.

He got out of the car and ran into Jimin's house at 11pm on a Sunday, before school. He hugged him and gave him some food and then walked to bed together with him. Jimin was lying in the bed over Taehyung and they were not sleeping. They both laid with their eyes open, just staring at the air above them. "Do you think while you're unconscious?", Taehyung asked after a couples of minutes of a silence. "Your brain is still working but I don't think you're able to put words on what you're thinking about", Jimin answered and yawned. He seemed really bad at everything, the only thing people thought that Jimin was good at, was dancing and singing. But he was incredibly good at everything, he studied biology for over three years before he changed school. "I think we should sleep, Taehyung. We have school tomorrow", Jimin said and turned around.


This chapter was really boring, I'm so sorry. I'm writing a new chapter right now so I'll probably post it later this week. Next time you'll get to see a new side of Taehyung and he'll also meet Jungkook's dad. Please subscribe and comment if you have any feedback!