His body

One lost star

It all started when Taehyung noticed a boy with chubby cheeks, but a slim body, brown hair with bangs that hid his eyes, and a smile that made the young girl next to him stop crying and smile back. Taehyung used to stare at his back when the boy sat two rows in front of him. And when the kid looked out of the window and closed his eyes, Taehyung would look at his scar on his left cheek and sometimes his eyes would fall to the boy's amazing jawline. The boy sat on his seat and looked out of the window for 10 minutes before the bus stopped at Gangnam station and he walked out. The bus didn't move for two more minutes and Taehyung took the chance to stare at the boy's back as he walked towards the blue train with the number 35 written on the right. Taehyung saw his backpack: a black backpack with the nike logo on it in white. The boy also wore a pair of adidas shoes and a black jacket. His black jeans looked a little oversized when he walked and Taehyung laughed to himself when he saw how funny it looked.

The bus stopped 15 minutes later outside Taehyung's school. He looked at the clock, 9:45 am, and looked up again when his friends, Hoseok and Jimin, called his name. "You always come the exact same time every day, how do you do it?", Hoseok asked and laughed as he looked at the boy that started smiling. He shrugged his shoulders and was about to answer when the school bell rang. "Sorry guys, I have to go. I'll see you at lunch", he said before he started running into the school area. He ran to his locker where he stopped, put his bag and jacket in and took his books. Then he closed it and ran even faster to his next class, English.

Taehyung didn't like school, but he knew that if he did good, he would probably get a good future. He started daydreaming about his future. He had a child together with someone, and they lived in a big house near the city. And he worked with international people, all around the world. His clothes were expensive and he looked like a rich dad. Before the school bell rang and woke him up, he smiled.

He got out of the classroom with his books and walked to his locker. He took his green jacket and put in the books and closed the locker. The time was 11:50 am and Taehyung hurried out to the bus stop where Hoseok and Jimin waited. "Let's eat outside, the weather is nice", Jimin said and the boys agreed.

They walked in the chill weather, the bright sun on the sky and there were no clouds. Jimin found a restaurant that served lunch boxes and they bought three. Then they walked back to school. Everyone was eating outside and the boys decided to do the same, but on the roof. They got up to the flat roof and sat on the blue benches. Taehyung looked out and admired the city; the cherry blossom trees and the building that shined when the sun showed up.

"Taehyung! Would you like to visit the food festival with us tonight? I've heard that they have all different kinds of food from all around the world", Jimin said and Taehyung looked back at the boys who were busy eating their food. Taehyung looked down at his box and started eating, completely forgetting about what Jimin just said. "And you love all the countries abroad, right?", Jimin added when he finished his food and Taehyung nodded. "Yeah sure, I could go with you tonight, that would be nice", Taehyung answered and smiled. 

Taehyung was always bored on the bus when he was going home from school. The day was passing by slowly and Taehyung was too tired to even make it out of the bus when it stopped. He walked towards his house and picked up the keys when the postman came to him and called his name. Taehyung turned around and saw the old man who knew Taehyung's mother. He smiled and took the newspaper that the man gave him.

He sat down on his bed and opened the magazine. The first few pages were always boring, but when he reached page number 16, something caught his attention. It was an article about an 16 year old boy who got brutally abused outside today. It said that the boy, who sat on train number 35 at Gangnam, accidentally walked into two older men when he reached his final destination in Busan, which the local police says is his hometown. He got beaten up and was left near the road until someone found him at 4 pm.

Taehyung didn't read the rest, he just put away the magazine and started thinking about the boy who sat on the bus. 'He looked younger, he walked on the train at Gangnam. Is it possible that it's him?', Taehyung asked and tried to shake his thoughts away. He looked at his phone when it started ringing, it was Hoseok.

"Jimin felt a little sick when he got home from school so he won't go to the festival tonight. Do you still want to go with me?", Hoseok asked and Taehyung answered that they could go together.

Taehyung took a quick shower and got dressed in his black jeans and a long sleeved shirt. He took a cap so he could hide his messy hair that didn't had time to dry before he was leaving, and then he left. Hoseok waited at the bus stop and they took the bus together into town.

The boys walked around in the cold weather and tasted all kinds of different food. Taehyung really liked European food and Hoseok preferred Asian food. They had a good time, they laughed and talked to some people who came from Norway and was learning Korean. Taehyung helped them with the basics, and Hoseok gave the two men his number so they could talk more. Then they walked home again, and Taehyung said goodbye to Hoseok.

When Taehyung came home, he met his family. His siblings and his parents that had been away in China for two months, working. He talked for an hour about his school and how he cleaned the house every week, and that he didn't party or drink anything that was bad for his health. Then he walked up to his room and when he laid down in his bed, he fell asleep.

Taehyung's mornings started the same every day. He woke up, took a shower, got dressed and then he left. He always skipped breakfast even if his parents said it was bad for him, but he didn't like eating in the mornings. He left his house at the same time, 8:40 am, then his bus came 8:45 and then he arrived in school at 9:45. But his morning was different when it suddenly became Friday and a big thunderstorm came to their town.

Taehyung ran to the bus, already drowned in water. He jumped on, got seated, and said to himself that he should've brought an umbrella. He was freezing on the bus and he forced himself to stay awake because cold made him tired. But then a boy walked on and Taehyung suddenly felt a certain warmth in his body when the boy sat next to him. Then they looked at each other, and Taehyung was a little shocked when he saw the boy that got up from the seat and apologized.

"I'm sorry, I should sit here instead", the boy said with a shaky voice and bowed down as he walked away. "No, it's okay. You can sit here", Taehyung said and the boy returned. "I always sit here whenever I take the bus, I barely sit next to anyone", the boy said and returned back. And when Taehyung saw the scar on his cheek, he remembered everything.

When the boy looked at Taehyung who asked for his name, he noticed that he had a bruise and another scar on his right cheek, and he looked extremely tired. The boy tried to talk, but he was too cold and nervous. Taehyung then decided to comfort the boy and put his jacket over him. Then he looked up. "Tt-thank you", he said quiet and he started blushing. .

"My name is.. It-it's Jeon Jungkook", he said after a minute of silence. 'Jungkook, what an interesting name', Taehyung thought and smiled at the younger boy. "I'm Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you".