Happiness

Remember Your Smile

For the next two months, Tobi was doing her normal routines. Dancing, even though her heart isn’t really into it, at the moment, going to see her grandmother in the hospital, and after that going to work. Her manager kept trying to get Tobi to go home, but she doesn’t want too. The manager allows Tobi to work, until she starts feeling emotional. It just so happens on a bright sunny day at the Coffee Shop, Tobi was working late and GOT7 walked in and was having their coffee and sandwiches. Many of the patrons left and the only ones left was GOT7. Tobi was helping to clean up, when Mark was watching Tobi and he noticed that she kept bumping into the chairs and tables. He found that kind of odd as seeing she never had that problem before.

Mark looked at JB and said, “Look at Tobi. Do you see anything different with her?”

JB and the others looked over and sure enough she bumped her leg into a chair and Junior shrugged and said, “Well, she’s still emotional. She probably doesn’t see the chair there.”

Mark sighed and said, “I don’t know. I think something’s going on. Well, look she keeps rubbing her eyes too.”

Yugyeom says, “Well, maybe tears are starting to form. She IS still thinking about her grandmother.”

After that, GOT7 became more overprotective of Tobi. They would watch how she would walk and noticed that on certain days she would be perfectly fine, and then on other days, she would constantly run into things.

A week after, GOT7 walked into the Coffee shop but didn’t see Tobi. The manager told them that the grandmother woke up from her coma, and Tobi is with her. Again GOT7 stood up and walked out of the Coffee shop. They went to the hospital and walked into the grandmother’s hospital room. She was sitting up and watching TV.

Akira smiled and said, “Oh, you boys are back. How nice to see you.”

GOT7 bowed and walked in. They looked around but didn’t see Tobi. Mark said, “Where’s Tobi?”

Akira sighed and said, “I told her to go get something to eat. Really, that girl needs to get her strength up if she wants to compete.”

Junior says, “Compete? What do you mean?”

Akira says, “Tobi wants to compete in her last ballroom dancing competition. After that she’s not going to dance anymore.”

Mark stood by the bed and said, “Why?”

Akira bit her bottom lip and said, “Personal reasons.”

Mark looked at the others and then at Akira and said, “Does it have to do with her eyes?”

Akira looked at Mark and said, “What? Why do you think there’s something wrong with her eyes?”

Mark said, “We saw her in the Coffee shop. She kept running into things. Is Tobi alright?”

Akira sighed and said, “I was afraid of that. It’s getting worse now. And it doesn’t help with her depression.”

Mark said, “What’s wrong?”

Akira looks at them and said, “Tobi…is going blind. She has until the beginning of next year and then that’s it. She won’t be able to see again.”

Mark looks at the others and then at Akira and said, “Can’t anything be done?”

Akira shakes her head and said, “No. Because of what happened with the accident, it caused so many problems with her head that it started to disrupt her vision. The doctor said he can’t do anything. She has to live her life blind.”

Mark sighed and said, “Man, we didn’t know about that.”

Akira looks at him and says, “And she’s not going too. Tobi does not want anyone to know about her condition.”

Junior said, “Why not? We could help her.”

Akira said, “Would you? She’s already lost friends and a boyfriend because of her condition. She can’t trust anyone to stay and take care of a little blind girl. Tobi would feel too humiliated and depressed. I can’t put her through that again.”

Before Akira could say anything else, the door opened and in walked Tobi. Tobi smiled and was surprised to see GOT7 in her grandmother’s room. She walked over and gave her grandmother some water and then Tobi sat down.

“What are all of you doing here?”

JB said, “We went to the Coffee shop, but your manager told us that your grandmother woke up. So, we came to see you and your grandmother.”

Tobi smiled and said, “Thank you. I’m so happy that she’s doing much better. But, we have to be careful and not stress her out.”

Youngjae looked at his watch and said, “Well, we have to go. We have practice to do. We’ll stop by here or at the Coffee shop. See you later.”

Tobi and Akira nodded and watched the boys leave. When GOT7 got outside, Mark suddenly stopped. The others looked over and saw him looking at the ground. Jackson walked up to him.

“Mark, what’s wrong?”

Mark looked at them and said, “We need to do something for Tobi.”

JB said, “You heard what her grandmother said. Tobi shouldn’t know that we know about her condition.”

Mark nodded and said, “I know. But, we should at least make her last few months of this year memorable. Make her smile and remember this time, even though she won’t be able to see.”

Junior said, “What are you suggesting?”

Mark looks at them and said, “What about our concert?”

JB said, “What about it?”

Mark said, “We will be holding a concert here in Seoul. Why not bring Tobi and her grandmother to a concert?”

Jackson sighed and said, “Yeah, but the grandmother needs to heal from the heart attack.”

Mark nodded and said, “I know. But, what if we ask the grandmother and if she doesn’t want to go, then we can make it special for Tobi. Come on, guys. Don’t you want to do something for Tobi?”

The others looked at each other and then BamBam said, “I’m in. I like Tobi. She doesn’t look at us as celebrities. I want to help her.”

Yugyeom nodded and said, “Me too. I like her too. She’s a special girl.”

Mark nodded and then looked at the others and said, “What about you Youngjae? Jackson? JB? Jinyoung?”

The others looked at each other and then Mark said, “Are you going to turn your backs on her?”

Junior spoke up and said, “No. We won’t. I’m in. I like her too. She’s got a beautiful smile and I don’t want to see that smile fade.”

JB nodded and said, “Okay, I guess that settles it. We’ll have to talk to JYP hyung and find out if it’s okay. But, we should be able to do something for her.”

Mark smiled and said, “Good.”

Jackson laughed and said, “Mark is happy that his girlfriend will come see him.”

Mark looked at Jackson and said, “Girlfriend? Are you delusional? She’s not my girlfriend.”

Youngjae said, “Then why are you blushing?”

Mark turned and walked away with the other members all laughing and talking.

It just so happens that GOT7 talked it over with JYP and he agreed to it. He’s been in that same Coffee shop and saw Tobi. He likes her too. He felt for what she’s going through and spoke.

“I think whenever we have a concert in Seoul, we should bring Tobi to the concert. Let her enjoy what time she has left before she’s blind.”

GOT7 smiled and Mark said, “Thank you hyung.”

JYP shook his head and said, “No problem. It would be good publicity too. But, I don’t want the media to know about Tobi’s condition until it happens. She wouldn’t be happy with that. Make sure to keep her condition quiet too.”

GOT7 nodded and they walked out. They gave each other high-fives and went back to their dorm. They looked at when the date of their first concert was going to be and when they went to see JYP, they were given a V.I.P ticket for their show. Mark gave his thanks and JYP stopped him.

“Mark was this your idea?”

Mark sighed and said, “Yes it is. I’m sorry that I didn’t mention it to you, but I really wanted to do something for her. She’s become such a great person and I’d hate to see the smile she always wears fade away to becoming gloomy and depressed.”

JYP walked over and put his hand on Mark’s shoulder and said, “It’s fine. I wish you would’ve told me first, but I’m actually happy that you’re taking the initiative to do something for someone else. I knew you would be a good candidate for GOT7.”

Mark nodded and said, “Thank you hyung.”

They went to the hospital only to find out that thee grandmother was released and is back home. They went to the dance studio and walked in. Tobi was doing her ballet dance and not realizing that GOT7 were in their studio. When Tobi opened her eyes and saw GOT7 she smiled and stopped the music.

“Hello. What are you doing at the studio?”

Mark walked over and said hi to the grandmother and then handed Tobi an envelope and said, “This is for you.”

Tobi opened the envelope and saw a ticket inside. She looked at them and said, “What is this?”

JB said, “This is a V.I.P ticket to our first concert in Seoul. We wanted to do something nice for you.”

Tobi’s eyes went wide and said, I’ve never been to a concert before. Wow. Thanks.”

Tobi showed her grandmother and the grandmother was so happy and she nodded to the boys. When Tobi ran upstairs, the grandmother walked over and said, “I want to thank you for what you’re doing for Tobi. That was a kind gesture.”

Mark said, “Well, after what you told us about Tobi’s condition. I wanted make sure she smiles often and enjoys herself.”

The grandmother nods and says, “Oh she will. She LOVES GOT7. She listens to you guys all the time. If her parents were alive, they would be so happy for what you’re doing for her.”

A few days later was GOT7’s first concert in Seoul. They put on a great show and singing their first albums many songs. They even had some fun with the audience. They would offer some audience members to come up and interact with them. They would play games and make the audience laugh. Tobi was having the time of her life. They offered her to come up, but she was too shy.

Mark walked down the stairs and over to her. He picked her up, which caused the whole place to burst out in screams and he brought her up onstage. They asked if she knows any of their dances and she told them she’s been trying to work at it.

Soon Tobi was up onstage and dancing to ‘Girls Girls Girls’. The whole audience was having a time of their lives watching Tobi laughing and dancing with GOT7. After it was finished, Mark helped Tobi back to her seat and they thanked everyone for coming. The concert ended and everyone was piling out of the building.

For the next few months, GOT7 went to other parts of the world stopping in America, Mexico, Australia, England, France and others until they made it back to Korea. By that time, they’ve had a few more albums that had the ‘If You Do’ and ‘Just Right’. Again, they invited Tobi to their concert and she had a blast. She would tell her grandmother all about what she got to do and what the fans thought of her. Surprisingly enough they were very nice and caring to Tobi. Though you had a few that didn’t know why they always seem to pick Tobi out of the audience.

It was close to the end of December. Christmas has come and gone and she got to spend it with GOT7 and her grandmother at JYP’s office. It was a grand holiday that she will remember for the rest of her life. Tobi went to the doctor and found out that at any day she will lose her sight. Tobi tried not to think about it, and always kept a smile on her face.

But, the happiness didn’t last long. While at work and cleaning up, Tobi was cleaning up while all the patrons were gone and just GOT7 were in the Coffee shop. Tobi took some dishes to the back and while GOT7 were busy talking, they heard a sudden crash in the back. The manager and So Young ran in the back. So Young ran back over to GOT7 and she looked worried.

“You need to take Tobi to the hospital.”

Mark looked at her and said, “Why?”

But, they didn’t need to hear the answer. They knew.

 

To be continued…

So, what did you think of this chapter? I wanted to have Tobi smile through the whole story, and then push forward until the fateful day. It happened.

If you like the story please…

 

                                          SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!