Heart Attack

Remember Your Smile

Tobi’s routine stayed the same, until one day, she was dancing when she heard something heavy fall. She went to investigate and saw her grandmother on the floor. Her grandmother had a heart attack. Tobi got her cell phone and called the paramedics. Luckily they got there in time and was able to bring both of them to the hospital. Tobi was sent to the waiting room, while they wheeled her grandmother in. Tobi called the Coffee shop and told her manager what happened. Tobi curled up in a chair in the corner of the waiting room with her head down. Her depression started to show up. What is she going to do if something bad happens to her grandmother? Tears filled her eyes and she started to softly cry.

Meanwhile at the Coffee shop, GOT7 walked in a few hours later and sat down. They looked around but didn’t see Tobi. So Young walked over and smiled at them.

“What can I get you?”

JB said, “Where’s Tobi?”

So Young opened , but shut it when the manager walked over and said, “Tobi went to the hospital.”

GOT7’s eyes went wide and Mark said, “What? Why? What happened?”

The manager said, “Tobi’s grandmother had a heart attack yesterday. She hasn’t called back yet.”

GOT7 looked at each other and nodded. JB stood up and said, “We’re going to go and check up on Tobi.”

The manager nodded and said, “Thank you. Tell her that we hope her grandmother is going to do okay.”

GOT7 nodded and they walked out of the shop. They went to the nearest hospital and walked in. They stopped at the reception desk and JB said, “Did an older woman come in due to a heart attack? Her granddaughter would be with her.”

The receptionist nodded and said, “Yes, the waiting room is just down the hall.”

GOT7 walked down the hall and stopped in front of the waiting room. What shocked them and put lumps in their throat is what they saw. The normally happy and bubbly Tobi was sitting in a corner chair rocking back and forth, crying. They could see her shoulders shaking as she covered her face with her hands. They swallowed the lump in their throats as they looked at each other. They could see their eyes glazing over with tears. They walked in quietly.

Mark walked ahead of them and stood in front of Tobi. He slowly knelt down and touched her shoulders as he said, “Tobi. Tobi, it’s Mark.”

Tobi pulled her hand away and looked to see that it was Mark. Mark couldn’t believe how red and puffy her eyes looked. Tobi looked at Mark and she started to cry again. Mark moved so that he was kneeling and he put his hands around Tobi’s shoulders and had her lean her head on his shoulder. He felt her hands go around his shoulders as she sobbed on his shoulders. Mark tried hard to keep from crying along with her, but he knew that he had to keep it in, for Tobi. Right now she doesn’t need someone to be a crying mess along with her. He looked at the others and he saw that they were trying hard not to cry.

Yugyeom stood up and walked out of the room. Mark said, “Can someone go and be with Yugyeom, please.”

Junior nodded and said, “I’ll go.”

Junior got up and left. He found Yugyeom in another waiting room crying. Junior sat down and held Yugyeom while he cried.

A few hours of waiting, a female doctor walked in and said, “Is the family of Akira Lee here?”

JB nodded and said, “Right now she’s a little distraught.”

The doctor nodded and said, “Well, is it okay, if I tell you?”

JB nodded and said, “Sure. I can let her know when she’s feeling better.”

The doctor sighed and said, “We took care of Mrs. Lee, but this is her third heart attack. The next one she has will kill her.”

JB couldn’t believe it and said, “Is there any other family?”

The doctor opened her folder and said, “No. The only family she has is her grandmother, Akira. Her family died in a car accident when she was 12. If Mrs. Lee goes, Tobi will be by herself. I’d hate to put her through anymore hurt. But, I think I’m going to have to call someone to come and take Tobi to a home.”

Jackson stood up and walked over and said, “What? Why?”

The doctor sighed and said, “Tobi is a very emotional and depressed child. She’s already tried to kill herself countless times. This will only send her overboard.”

They looked over at Tobi who was still clinging to Mark. JB looks at the doctor and said, “We can take care of her.”

The doctor smiled and said, “That would be nice, but you boys are in the entertainment industry. You won’t be home for some time. Tobi is going to need to be looked after.” The doctor said, “I’ll be back later, I have some other patients.”

Just as JB and Jackson sat down, Junior and Yugyeom walked in. JB said, “Does anyone know of someone who would be willing to take Tobi in for a while?”

Junior said, “Why? What’s going on?”

JB proceeded to explain to Junior what happened and it devastated him from hearing that.

Junior took his phone out and called his mom and walked out of the waiting room. He came back in and said, “My mom said that her sister, my aunt, can come and stay with Tobi.”

JB smiled and walked over to Mark and Tobi. Mark put his finger to his mouth and whispered, “She just fell asleep.”

JB nodded and he watched as Mark carefully picked Tobi up and carried her over to a sofa and laid her down gently. He stood up and walked over to them and said, “Okay, so what do we do?”

Junior said, “My mom’s sister is a nurse. She can come to Tobi’s house and stay with her.”

Mark smiled and said, “That’s good to hear. I’d hate to leave her alone. Especially how vulnerable she is.”

JB nodded and he watched as Mark walked back over to Tobi and sat down on the sofa with Tobi.

After a few hours, the doctor and a woman walked into the waiting room. Junior jumped up and said, “Auntie. Thank you for coming. Over there by Mark is Tobi. Be gentle with her.”

Junior’s aunt nodded and walked over. She had Mark move and she woke up Tobi. They watched from afar and watched to see what was going to happen. They saw Tobi sit up and hug his aunt. The doctor walked over and said, “I need to talk to Tobi.”

Junior’s aunt says, “I’m going to be staying with her. Right now she’s in distress. What can I help you with?”

The doctor sighed and said, “Her grandmother is in a coma. I’m really sorry to have to say that.”

Suddenly the doctor jumped when she heard Tobi crying out. The aunt shooed the doctor away and held Tobi while the boys looked at Junior’s aunt and Tobi. Their hearts were breaking with what was going on. They didn’t know what to do. Finally, after a while, Junior’s aunt let Tobi lay down and she walked over to the boys.

“Boys, I think it would be best if you go home. You’re going to need to keep a good face, even though you’re hurting from this. But, I will keep you all in touch. Now, go. I’m going to take her home once she wakes up.”

Mark spoke, “Tell her that we are thinking of her.”

The aunt nodded and touched Mark’s face and said, “I will. Now, off with you. Get some sleep.”

She saw Junior walk over to Tobi and she quickly got up, grabbed Junior, gave him a slap on the backside and said, “You too. Get some sleep or I’m going to tell JYP.”

Junior bowed and walked out of the waiting room leaving the aunt and Tobi alone. She sat down next to Tobi and moved some hair out of her face. The aunt said, “Poor thing. Going through so much. Don’t worry, I’m here for you. I won’t let you be by yourself.”

When Tobi woke up, the Aunt helped her up and drove her to the dance studio. They walked in and the aunt had Tobi take some aspirin and go to bed. She stayed downstairs and cleaned the studio. As she was moving papers around, the aunt found a blue folder. She saw the name on it, it’s Tobi’s eye doctor folder. She sits down and reads the contents. She puts her hands over and gasps.

“Oh no. This can’t be happening. I wonder if anyone else knows about Tobi’s condition. She only has a year left. I wonder if she told the boys.”

The aunt took out her phone and then she stopped and said, “No. I don’t think she would tell anyone this. This is personal. Akira might be the only person that knows.”

The aunt looked over and saw more papers. She picked it up and it looked like the grandmother was writing something down.

1.Find someone that knows how to ballroom dance.

2.Sign Tobi up for ballroom dancing.

3.Sign Tobi up for ballroom dancing competition.

4.Enjoy the scenery.

5.Stay by Tobi’s side.

The aunt sighed and put the papers away. She heard someone walking down the stairs and she turned to see Tobi walking over.

The aunt said, “Tobi, what are you doing up?”

Tobi said, “Thank you for staying, but you don’t have too.”

The aunt sighed and stood up. She said, “Nonsense. I already told Jinyoung that I was going to help. Not to mention that I needed some time away from my family. Besides, you shouldn’t be by yourself.”

Tobi looked at her and said, “I’m 18, I can take care of myself.”

The aunt nodded and said, “I know you can. But, right now you are depressed. I’m not about to leave you here by yourself. So, unless you need some water or are hungry, I suggest you go back upstairs and sleep.”

Tobi opened to say something but she decided to do what Junior’s aunt said. She walked back into her bedroom and fell asleep.

Junior’s aunt made some supper for both herself and Tobi. When Tobi woke up, she walked downstairs and they ate quietly. Junior’s aunt had Tobi with her and they watched some TV until Tobi started to fall asleep. She woke Tobi up, and brought her upstairs and put Tobi to bed. She came back down and made sure everything was locked up and she shut the lights off. She got into the grandmothers’ bed and went to sleep.

 

To be continued…

What did you think of this chapter? Sorry that it’s a little short, but I didn’t want it to be too long. It’s sad that Tobi’s grandmother had a heart attack and there is no one around for Tobi. It was nice for Junior to offer to find out if his aunt can stay with Tobi, which she did. Hopefully Tobi doesn’t get too depressed.

 

If you like the story please….

 

                                        SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!