The Rain

Remember Your Smile

The next few weeks, Tobi would walk downstairs, put on her ballet shoes and dance for a few hours. She wanted to keep herself in shape and keep her mind off depressing issues. And after her dancing she would run off to work. She enjoyed her life. Even though it was hard when she would see families walk at the Coffee shop. But, she just swallowed down the lump in and serve the patrons. They see a smiling and bubbly Tobi, not an emotional wreak.

And every week, when Tobi would be at work, GOT7 would walk in and order the same coffees that they normally get. Tobi smiles at them and takes care of their orders. Tobi tries not to interact with GOT7, as seeing they are a popular boy group, and they shouldn’t be hanging around with a simple Coffee shop server. There have been a few times she would look over and see Mark looking her, but she would quickly turn around and continue doing her task.

One day, Tobi left the dance studio and headed off to work. She didn’t get far when suddenly there was a bolt of lightning and a deafening sound of thunder. Tobi looked up and saw dark rain clouds. Tobi looked behind her and knew that it would take too long for her to go back to the dance studio. She’ll just have to brave the rain. Tobi ran through the rain and dodged people who were walking with umbrellas. Tobi was standing at the corner and waiting for the light to change. She wanted to get across. She didn’t see a puddle of water next to her on the street. A car was coming toward her and she was looking at the light. Just as the car got to where Tobi was standing, she was suddenly grabbed and pulled away from the curb. Tobi cried out in shock and closed her eyes. When she felt her feet on the ground she looked and saw that she was staring at a tan jacket.

Tobi didn’t know what happened until she stopped feeling raindrops and then she heard a deep voice say, “Are you alright? You almost got soaking wet.”

Tobi looked up and couldn’t believe her eyes. There standing in front of her was none other than Mark Tuan. He had his hand around her waist and touching her back as he held an umbrella over her with the other hand. Tobi just looked at him but didn’t say a word. She blinked her eyes and wondered if she was dreaming. Why would someone like Mark be here and saving her? Just then she heard someone yelling and looked over to see the other GOT7 members.

Jackson walked over and said, “Tobi, are you alright?”

Tobi just stared at them and slowly nodded her head. She was at a loss for words. Her favorite boy group was here in front of her, shielding her from the rain, and saving her from being completely soaked. Tobi looked up at Mark and saw him smile. Those white teeth and perfect canines. Tobi blushed and looked down at the ground, that’s when she noticed. His pants.

Tobi looked up at him and said, “Oppa, your pants are wet. You shouldn’t have done that. Now look at your pants.”

Mark looked down and saw that his tan pants were soaked on the bottom and had some blotches of dirt from the dirty water, but he didn’t care. He didn’t want Tobi to get her uniform messed up.

Mark shrugged and said, “Don’t worry about it. It can be cleaned. Besides, I didn’t want you to mess up your uniform.”

Again Tobi blushed and looked at her watch and said, “Oh no. I’m going to be late. Thank you Oppa for saving me.”

Tobi turned to walk past Mark when his hand reached out and grasped her arm. She stopped and looked up at him. He smiled at her again and said, “We’ll walk with you. It’s raining, you’ll catch a cold. It’s the least I can do for saving your life.”

Tobi sighed and nodded. Her day went from being boring to being awesome but yet also awkward with having GOT7 walking with her to the Coffee shop. Tobi opened the door and the bell rang to signal patrons and in walked Tobi.

The manager said, “Tobi, you’re a few minutes late.”

Tobi bowed and said, “I apologize…”

But before Tobi could say another word, Mark walked in and said, “Don’t worry about it. Tobi almost had an accident. That’s why she’s a little late.”

Tobi looked up at Mark and nodded as she walked over to the manager. The manager smiled and went in the back with Tobi. He said, “Are you alright?”

Tobi nodded and said, “Yes. Mark oppa saved me from getting my uniform all dirty. I didn’t realize there was a puddle next to me. I am sorry for being late.”

The manager waved his hand and said, “Don’t be sorry. I’m just glad you’re okay. Get your apron on, and go serve your friends, or So Young might get to them first.”

Tobi walked out after drying off her hair and putting her apron on. Tobi’s face fell when she saw So Young standing over by GOT7’s table and taking their orders. Tobi sighed and walked over to another patron and smiled at them. She took their orders. Just as she was going to the back, So Young walked over.

“Your friends want you as their server.”

Tobi looked at her confused until So Young pointed to GOT7. Tobi nodded and walked over to them. Again they ordered the same coffees, but this time, they also ordered some sandwiches. Tobi took down their orders and walked into the back.

JB looked at Mark and said, “That was a very foolish thing to do Mark hyung. You could’ve gotten hurt.”

Mark sighed and said, “Yeah, I’m sorry. But, when I saw Tobi almost get splashed, my feet moved before my brain registered.”

Jackson brought his hand up on the table and said, “Mark, give me your hand.”

Mark looked at Jackson sideways, and then gave Jackson his hand. Suddenly, Jackson slapped the top of Mark’s hand which shocked Mark. The other members were equally shocked.

Jackson said, “Remember that next time you decide to jump before thinking. Do I really need to take care of you still?”

Mark blushed and said, “Jackson.”

Jackson shook his head and said, “Be quiet Mark.”

Mark felt a lump in his throat. He thought Jackson was kidding but he didn’t see a smile on his face. Mark was very sensitive when people would scold him. JB many times scolded him even though Mark was older. Mark was still learning the ways of Korean life and being a celebrity. Mark looked down and wiped any tears that were threatening to show themselves. Mark looked up to see Tobi walking towards them with the tray of coffee and sandwiches. Tobi smiled at them and she looked at Mark, and noticed that he looked a little different from when she saw him saving her.

Tobi turned around and walked away. The members started to talk, but Mark stayed quiet. He felt embarrassed and hurt that Jackson would scold him in a public place. Mark would look out the window as he drank his coffee and eat his sandwich and only speak if someone was talking to him. Junior noticed the sudden change in Mark, and he knows it was because of Jackson. Jackson and Mark became close because they both can talk in English, but Jackson felt like he needed to take care of Mark, as seeing he’s never really went anywhere else besides America and China.

GOT7 were busy talking when Tobi came over and said, “Is everything alright? Do you need anything else?”

They looked at each other and JB looked at Tobi and said, “No. I think we’re good.”

Tobi smiled and then looked out the window and said, “Man, is it ever going to let up?”

Junior looks at Tobi and said, “You going somewhere?”

Tobi sighed and said, “I have to go home today. My manager is letting me go early to take care of my grandmother.”

Jackson perked up and said, “What’s wrong with your grandmother?”

Tobi said, “She’s sick. She’s got a cold. I didn’t want to come into work today, but I need the money. I hate leaving her alone. I just hope this rain stops soon. Well, if you need anything else, let me know.”

Tobi turns and walks away. GOT7 looks at each other and they start talking again. Mark just sits there and he feels Jackson looking at him, but he doesn’t say anything. Mark looks at his coffee and nods when JB asked him if they should help Tobi with her grandmother.

Jackson wondered if he said something wrong to Mark for him to be quiet. Though it’s normal for Mark to be quiet, as seeing he was quiet when he came to Korea, but usually Mark was very talkative with the other members. Jackson noticed that Mark wouldn’t even look at him.

Again GOT7 stayed in the shop for the rest of the night until the shop was ready to close. Tobi walked over and said, “Okay, we’re going to be closing soon. You’re going to need to leave so we can close up.”

GOT7 stood up and JB said, “Um, would you mind if we walked you home? As seeing it’s still raining.”

Tobi looked at them and shook her head and said, “No. It’s fine. It’s only rain.”

JB looks over at Mark and says, “Hyung?”

Mark cleared his throat and said, “It’s the least we can do. We would feel so much better knowing that you’re going to get home safely and dry. We don’t want you to get sick.”

Tobi blushed again and said, “Okay. I’ll talk to my manager.”

Tobi went into the back and talked to her manager. She came out with her coat and said, “You can pay and then we can leave.”

JB nodded and walked over to the register and paid.

The manager said, “I’m really grateful for you boys doing that for Tobi.”

JB smiles and says, “She’s a really nice person. Goodnight.”

JB walked over and Mark unfolded the umbrella as they all walked down the sidewalk. Tobi kept her head down when she heard screaming from some female fans nearby. The fans ran over to GOT7 but JB stepped in front and talked to them. Mark took Tobi’s arm and led her around them. He along with Jackson and Youngjae walked down the sidewalk and toward her house. They had to cross the street and they looked both ways. She got to the shop and she took out her key and turned around to see all seven men standing there.

Tobi cleared and said, “Thank you for the walk home. I’ll be fine now.”

Tobi turned toward the door and put the key in. But, when she grabbed the key, she felt something soft. She looked down and saw a hand touching the doorknob. She looked over and saw Mark standing there and smiling.

“Why not let us in. We’ll help make some food for you and your grandmother.”

Tobi opened , but closed it when she felt a light push from Mark once the door opened. They all walked in and Tobi turned the lights on. Tobi took her jacket off and hug it in the closet. She looked over and saw GOT7 looking at her trophies.

Jackson pointed and said, “These are yours?”

Tobi shrugged and said, “Some of them. Most of them are my grandmothers. She used to be in ballet.”

Junior looked over and said, “Where’s your kitchen?”

Tobi nodded and pointed. She stopped and said, “If you want, you can take your jackets off, and hang them in the closet.” Tobi turned back and walked with Junior to the kitchen.

Mark took the jackets from everyone and hung them up. He looked over and saw a picture of two adults and three children. One of them looks like Tobi. Tobi walks in and points to the chairs and says, “You can have a seat if you want.”

Mark points and says, “Is this your family?”

Tobi looked and nodded saying, “Yes. They are.”

Tobi looks at everyone and says, “Let me get you something.”

Jackson quickly stands up and says, “No. You should sit. I’ll get us something. What do you have in here anyway?”

Tobi smiled and said, “We have tea, coffee, water, and juice.”

Jackson said, “You want coffee, Tobi?”

Tobi shook her head and said, “No, thank you. I don’t drink coffee.”

BamBam spoke up and said, “You work in a Coffee shop but you don’t drink it?”

Tobi shook her head and said, “I don’t like it.”

Suddenly she heard her grandmother calling her name. She quickly gets up and runs upstairs to see how her grandmother was doing.

Tobi walks back downstairs as Junior walks in with some food and he says, “You live above the studio?”

Tobi nods and says, “Yes. Why is it a problem?”

Junior shakes his head and says, “No. Just asking.”

Tobi takes some soup and says, “If you don’t mind, I’m going to take this up to my grandmother. I’ll be back down in a little while.”

After everyone finished their soup, they walked around the studio. There were many photographs of the grandmother when she was a ballet dancer, and photographs of Tobi in her many outfits. Tobi walked down an hour later and was surprised to see GOT7 still there.

“My grandmother wanted to thank you for the soup. It was delicious.”

Junior smiled and said, “Tell her thank you and she’s welcome. Well, we should probably be going. You have a goodnight Tobi.”

Tobi smiles and says, “You all have a goodnight too.”

GOT7 walked out of the studio and Tobi waved to them and locked the door. Her heart was beating so fast, because she couldn’t believe that she was having soup with GOT7. They were very awesome and she enjoyed spending the day with them. She put away all the dirty dishes and then she turned the lights off. She checked up on her grandmother again, and then went into her room. She looked out her window at the street below. She wonders what it’s going to feel like when she won’t be looking outside anymore.

Tobi sighed and turned off her light. She laid down on the bed and went to sleep.

 

To be continued…

What did you think of this chapter?

I don’t know if I was correct or not. Is Mark from China or Taiwan? I’m confused because I see many sights telling me that he’s Chinese and others saying he’s Taiwanese. Yet he can speak Chinese. So, I’m confused. As I was writing this I wanted to scream at Mark for ruining his pants after saving Tobi’s life, but like he said, ‘they can get cleaned.’

Anyway, if you like it please….

                                           SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!