Meet My Sister

Run Away Now

Mina grabbed a bottled water to quench her thirst. They just finished another round of practice. She told herself she should go out and maybe exercise more. She hated feeling like a 60 year old woman who can't climb a set of stairs.


That's when she saw Nayeon lying down on the floor under the table. "The hell is she--" She saw Nayeon's shirt riding up and had a glimpse of her bruised torso.


She sighed and crouch down to cover it up for her. In doing so, her hand slightly grazed Nayeon's tummy and it woke Nayeon up. "Why are you hot?"


Nayeon smiled stupidly and Mina rolled her eyes. She had to be very careful in choosing the right words when it comes to Nayeon. She mentally noted herself. "Why does it feel like you have a fever?"


"I do?" Nayeon sat up, forgetting that she was under a table.


Mina sighed for the second time and helped Nayeon get up. "Do you have to have someone to look after you 24/7?"


"I don't know. I probably wouldn't mind if it's you."


Mina who was about to drink from the bottle suddenly missed her aim and the water ended up falling on her shirt. "What?"


Nayeon laughed when she saw this. "Looks like you need someone to watch you 24/7, too." she stood up and immediately felt dizzy, she had to grab the table to prevent herself from falling.


"Are you okay?"


"I feel like the Mr. Krabs meme."


"What does that mean?"


"Like the world is spinning. I feel so tired. I want to punch Sana."


Mina never thought that three sentences would be able to make her confused. "You probably have a fever. You should check your temperature when you get home."


"We don't have a thermometer at home. Being sick is for the weak. We never get sick. We are never weak."


"I'm not saying you're stupid but that is probably the most stupid thing I have heard in my entire 17 years of existence."


Nayeon simply chuckled which made Mina even more confused. She's partially convinced that this was Nayeon's way of pissing her off.


But it wasn't the case at all. Nayeon didn't know when it started but she finds everything that Mina says and does unbelievably fascinating. If it were someone else who said what she said, Nayeon would have probably beaten them up.


"You should get checked. Go to the school's infirmary." Mina was about to leave but Nayeon stopped her.


"So when are we going to study?"


"Get better first. I don't want to get whatever it is that you have."


"I'm sure this isn't contagious but sure, I'll get better for you."


For the nth time that day, Mina was left tongue-tied.


"We should study at your place so I could see Keu-rys-tal-unnie."


"She's already gone back to her dorm."


"Really? We weren't even introduced to each other."


"WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WANT THAT?!"


"Why are you yelling?"


"Nothing! We'll study at your place. This isn't some negotiation bull. I'm not gonna have it. We'll study when you're feeling well." With that, Mina walked away, leaving a highly amused Nayeon.

 


---

 


"Mina-unnie, why do you look like someone punched your pet?"


"I do not." Mina checked her expression on the monitor. Her eyebrows did make it seem like she was pissed off at something. "This is all goddamn Nayeon's fault."


Chaeyoung chuckled. "Why? What did she do this time? Did she make your heart flutter?"


"Yea-- WHAT?! No heart fluttered! I swear, I don't have any idea why you people are saying this."


"Oh someone else noticed?"


Mina frowned and propped her chin on her hand. Chaeyoung recognized this gesture. She was sure Mina did this every time she would say something and Mina knows it's true but she doesn't want to agree with it.


"Unnie, what do you get from denying it?"


"Denying what?"

 

"That Nayeon-unnie likes you and you're probably starting to like her, too."


"Stop saying that or I'll end this call."


Chaeyoung covered and shook her head but it was just too fun taunting Mina. "But seriously you two would look cute together. Imagine the dynamics of you--"


Mina did end the video chat but it was approximately 30 seconds later, Chaeyoung counted, she invited her again,


"You regretted doing that, didn't you, unnie?"


"'Unnie'. That's right I'm still older than you. You need to learn how to respect people. This kid."


"Okay but...don't get angry. How does it feel knowing she likes you? Does it feel like having butterflies in your stomach?"


Mina took her time to answer and she did when she's found the exact comparison. "I don't know about butterflies. More like flying cockroaches. Their hairy legs endlessly annoying me."


Chaeyoung could only laugh. She could not wait for Mina and Nayeon to start dating.

 

---

 

Nayeon kept sulking as she and Mina headed towards their house. She didn't understand why they couldn't just study at Mina's house.


"My room is really messy. I don't want you to judge me because of that."


"I won't judge you because of your messy room. I will judge you because of the stupid that you do," Mina said but it wasn't audible enough for Nayeon to hear.


Ever since she's seen the different side of Nayeon that her two best friends have graciously shared, Mina has been trying not to be so mean to her.


"I still don't get why this guy's choice of weapon is a mace." Mina pointed to the guy stationed at the Im's gate.

 

"It looks bad . He's actually my favorite guard because of that."


The two of them entered the house and the first thing that Nayeon did was to greet their helper and asked her nicely to bring them something to eat. The last time Mina was at the Im's she didn't see how Nayeon treated their helpers.


For Mina, how a person treats the people that work for them says a lot about them. Seeing how Nayeon treated the people who worked for them was changing her views about the girl.


They went up to Nayeon's room and Mina was about to burst out laughing when she saw how much Nayeon's room resembled a toddler's room that all it was missing was a crib. The only thing that stopped her from doing so was Nayeon suddenly blocking her and making her move back. "Why are you touching me?"


"Sshh. Someone's in here. I didn't clean my room earlier and now it's spotless."


Mina looked around and noticed how everything seemed to be in order. "How could someone break in? Your security ."


Nayeon grabbed the baseball bat that she kept behind the door. "Whoever you are, you should know that I know kung fu!"


Mina highly doubted it. She saw the door to Nayeon's closet move and she immediately told Nayeon. It started to open and Nayeon acted quick. She threw the bat that she was holding but completely missed the person who came out of her closet. "I know kung fu!" she yelled and did a bruce lee stance.

"You could have seriously injured me with that." The girl that Mina doesn't recognized picked up the baseball bat and pouted. "Your aim was way off. What if i was actually a bad guy? You've thrown your weapon at me, what exactly is your next move?"


"Thow everything I could throw until I finally hit you and make you unconscious. Tzuyu, what are you doing here?"


"I came to visit."


Mina nudged Nayeon and asked, "Is she your older sister?"


"You think she's older just because she's taller than me?"


"She's younger?"


"Yes and don't ask me why I'm shorter. I don't know how genes work." Nayeon walked away from her, looking like she was genuinely upset. Mina noted that height was a sensitive topic.


"Who is she? I don't remember Jungyeon-unnie or Jihyo-unnie looking like...this."


"This is Mina." Nayeon turned to face Mina. "Mina this is Tzuyu. She's my sister who apparently travels halfway around the world just so she could skip school."


"Our school has breaks too."


Tzuyu hugged Nayeon and the latter fondly returned it, even ruffling Tzuyu's hair and Mina smiled a little at the affection that the sisters were showing.


"So unnie, can you tell me why you're bringing someone to your room?"


"After you tell me why you're invading my privacy."


Mina was thinking she should just reschedule the study session to let Nayeon spend more time with her sister. "I should probably let you two--"


"No, don't leave. This is Nayeon-unnie's first real human-interaction."


"Only because you think Jungyeon and Jihyo are aliens."


"They are!"


Mina thought she was going insane. The only time she gets amused was because of cat videos or babies acting like drunkards. Now, there she was smiling as she watched the sisters banter. She's starting to think cockroaches actually evolve and eventually turn into butterflies in due time but if Chaeyoung asked again, she was just having heart palpitations.

 

 

 

 

____

im sorry for this late update but i wasn't really feeling well these past few days. also it's a bit shorter than my usual update and it may seem like a product of my medication lol thank you for the comments and subs i really really appreciate it idk how to put it into words

the next update would depend on whether i will feel well or continue feeling like my whole world is spinning too fast. i still have a minayeon one-shot that i have to finish