Pretty Girl

Run Away Now

"Okay. Which of you two is responsible for this?"

 

Nayeon, Jungyeon and Jihyo were back in the dance club room. If Nayeon could she would have already strangled them both because if it weren't for them she would not be in this position. Mina would not be staring at her while trying hard not to burst into laughter.

 

Jungyeon was quick to point a finger at Jihyo. "She was the one who said yes."

 

"BUT YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WROTE DOWN OUR NAMES!" Jihyo yelled at the top of her lungs and everyone in the room stopped what they were doing to see what the trio were up to.

 

The three of them had no plan in joining the dance club. They were already part of a club that didn't really require them to do anything and they were satisfied with that but a week after their failed plan to make a fool out Mina, Jihyo and Jungyeon had a surprise encounter from Sana the dance club's VP.

 

"Are you kidding? You two got bullied by Sana?"

 

"Nayeon, she's Japanese. She could be yakuza!" Jungyeon said and Mina overheard. She finally let out the laugh she's been holding back. Jungyeon's face was serious when she said it but that only made it more hilarious for Mina.

 

Nayeon clucked her tongue and did a tiny hair flip to remove the loose strand of hair on her face. "Just because she's Japanese doesn't mean she's associated with yakuza. What is wrong with you?"

 

"But with the way she's tied you up in that chair, I'm convinced that she grew up being trained to do this sort of thing. Look how tight this knot is!" Jihyo tried to untie the knot but to no avail.

 

Earlier that day Sana was waiting for them at the school's entrance. She asked the three nicely to come with her for their first practice as part of the dance club. Nayeon, who had no clue that her friends were forced to sign up for the club, did not give in when Sana was still asking nicely. She struggled and tried to fight but Sana was unbelievably strong and now she was sitting on a chair all bound with ropes.

 

Nayeon calmed herself down and said, "Sana, let me go this instant!"

 

Sana who was happily teaching the other students the routine did a 180 when she turned to face Nayeon. She gritted her teeth and sported the fakest smile she could muster. "We have a duct tape. Don't make me use it. If you want me to untie you then ask nicely."

 

"Nayeon, just do what she said and maybe we could run out of the door and escape from her," Jihyo whispered but Mina heard it all.

 

She raised her hand and faked being coy. "Thomas the train said they're going to escape."

 

It was Jihyo's turn to quickly point a finger at Jungyeon when she saw Sana glaring at her. "I didn't! It was Jungyeon!"

 

"Jihyo, you are dead to me!"

 

"Stop it. We have to recognize who's the real enemy here. It's that evil pretty girl."

 

The trio directed their gaze at Mina who looked so innocent at the moment, no one would think she had almost caused a fight to break out.

 

Nayeon grinned and faked a sweet voice. "Sana. Sana, Sana. Sana eopshin, sana mana (No Sana, no life)."

 

"Be careful of your next words," Sana warned and Nayeon somehow understood why her two friends were scared of her.

 

"Untie me and I promise we'd gladly do whatever you want us to do."

 

Sana flicked her hair and smiled. "See how easy that was? Momo, could you please untie her."

 

Momo walked towards the chair where Sana's bag and hers were placed. She opened Sana's bag and pulled out a butterfly knife. The trio stared at her in horror when she started walking towards them.

 

"Why do you have a knife?"

 

"I can't untie these knots. I have to cut them," Momo said and proceeded on cutting Nayeon loose.

 

She massaged her chafed wrists as she stood up. "We're not allowed to bring deadly weapons at school."

 

"It's good to know that you know the rules even though you don't follow 98% of them," Sana took the knife from Momo and pocketed it.

 

"So why would you bring a knife?"

 

"We use it in the arts club."

 

Jihyo nudged Nayeon and said, "She smears the blood of her victims on a canvass and calls it art."

 

"I do wood carvings, dummy," Sana corrected.

 

"And then smears the blood of her victims on them," said Jungyeon.

 

Sana shook her head and ordered them to take their positions. The practice didn't go as bad as they were expecting it to but all three of them felt like fishes out of water when it was time to go home.

 

"I can't feel my legs," Jungyeon said as she touched both legs on their way home.

 

"The first 30 minutes was fine but after that I think my soul voluntarily left my body." Jihyo who was just as exhausted didn't even have the strength to carry her bag and was dragging it along with her.

 

"All of this is your fault."

 

"Nayeon, I swear don't get us started on how this is not our fault but yours. You should've known that dealing with Sana is like selling your soul to the devil."

 

Nayeon recalled all the things that happened during the two hour dance practice and she was starting to think that maybe Jungyeon was right. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if she had just sold her soul to Satan instead of dealing with Sana.

 

She reminded herself never to cross Sana or Momo. Sana seemed to be very protective of Momo. She snapped back to reality when she heard a familiar voice.

 

"Well if you weren't blocking the way then I wouldn't have bumped into you now, would I? The real issue here is you and your friends are occupying too much space."

 

"Is pretty girl out of her mind? Does she not see the physical difference between her and Jinri? Jinri could flick her away like a fly," Jihyo said and Nayeon agreed.

 

Jinri is another student who liked bothering other students. She was just like Nayeon but meaner and her squad didn't have 3 members. There were 11 of them and some didn't even go to their school. Nayeon thinks she's recruited them from a juvenile detention center. They were more dangerous than Nayeon's tiny group of bullies to say the least.

 

"She's going to literally crush pretty girl. Whoa! Nayeon, where the hell do you think you're going?" Jungyeon grabbed Nayeon's arm before she could even take another step.

 

"You said it yourself Jinri's not gonna leave her alone without any bruises."

 

"And that is our problem because?"

 

"This is the perfect way to get your revenge. You won't get in trouble because you are not the one who's going to hurt her. Principal Song won't be able to hold you responsible if she gets hurt," Jihyo said as they try to hold back Nayeon who was still struggling from their grip.

 

"I want to get back at her but not like this. You know how ruthless Jinri and her gang is."

 

"Exactly!" Jungyeon exclaimed. "That's why we avoid them, remember?"

 

"Just...le-let go of me." Nayeon finally broke free and she ran to Mina's side just in time to stop Jinri from landing a hit on Mina. "I wouldn't touch her if I were you," she said, trying to catch her breath. She hasn't even recovered from the grueling practice and now if everything went south she's about to get into a serious fight.

 

"Why? Is the ugly contagious?" Jinri said and she and her gang of delinquents laughed.

 

As much as Jihyo and Jungyeon wanted to run away, they couldn't leave Nayeon behind. Jihyo stood by Nayeon's side and Jungyeon by Mina's.

 

"Oh okay. Let's not go around spewing lies. My eyes aren't even that good but even I know she's pretty."

 

Mina turned her head to the side and briefly stared at Nayeon. She looked away when Nayeon directed her gaze at her. Mina felt her face heating up and she tried to hide it by letting her long hair cover her face. She just wasn't used to being given compliments about her looks. She would've probably reacted the same way if someone else had said it or at least that's what she kept on telling herself.

 

The blushing worsened when Nayeon suddenly put an arm around her and said, "You see our friend here. She's Japanese. You know what that means?"

 

"She's not...Korean?"

 

"Yes, that's another way to put it but what I'm saying is that she's Japanese. One word." Nayeon removed the arm that had been on Mina's shoulders and walked closer to Jinri as she whispered, "Yakuza."

 

"But Nayeon, you said just because someone's Japanese doesn't mean--" Before Jihyo could ruin the bluff, Jungyeon pinched her to stop her from talking and. The former understood and zipped shut.

 

"So if you value your lives, I suggest staying away from this one. Also the pretty is not contagious. You have to be born with it. That's why you have absolutely no reason to get close to her. Ever."

 

Jinri wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and she totally missed the insult that Nayeon has thrown at her.

 

"Okay. I'll let it go this time. The next time I wouldn't care whether she's yakuza or not." Jinri and her gang started walking away and Nayeon finally let out the breath she was holding.

 

She walked back to where Mina was and glared at her. Mina was thankful that the heat that was crawling on her face has finally disappeared.

 

"What the were you thinking? Didn't you think that if she wanted to she could break your bones in half? You are going to get beaten up with that big mouth of yours."

 

"Why do you even care? Isn't that what you would have wanted? Wouldn't it have been convenient for you if I were beaten up by someone else? You wouldn't get your hands dirty and get into trouble with Principal Song."

 

Nayeon scoffed. "Unbelievable. I got you out of trouble and this is what I get? You can't even show a little bit of gratitude."

 

"I didn't even ask for your help. I could've handled that myself."

 

Nayeon was far too exhausted to be having this argument with this girl. "Whatever. Come on guys."

 


Jihyo and Jungyeon ran up to her and they left Mina standing there, slighlty regretting what she did but she was too stubborn to admit it even to herself. "Why would I even care about what those idiots think?"

 


---

 


Mina was not sure if she should be happy that Nayeon and her friends didn't do anything to bother her for the rest of the week or if this is one of those 'calm before the storm' moments. A part of her was thinking the three were just plotting of ways to try and make her life miserable.

 

Before she went home, she was once again told by the teacher that she was needed at the principal's office. On her way there she saw Nayeon already opening the door. She waited for a good thirty seconds before she entered.

 

"You called for me again, Principal Song? Should I still attend classes or should I just go directly to you everyday?" She sat down and noticed nayeon staring blankly at her.

 

"I just wanted a progress report. I hear that it's not only you who has signed up for the dance club." Principal Song smiled warmly at Nayeon. "It's nice to see that from you two but I want to know how you both are doing academically. I mean, obviously you, Miss Myoui, have no problems with your marks so how are you helping Miss Im with hers?"

 

Mina cocked her head to the side. "What does that mean?"

 

"I do remember telling you to help her with her studies."

 

"Help her how?"

 

"By studying together, of course."

 

"Like studdy buddies?" Nayeon asked and the principal nodded. "Uh-uh, no way. I don't think so."

 

Mina mirthlessly laughed. "Look at you talking like I actually would want to help you study. That would be worse than trying to blow up a pineapple with my mind."

 

"Myoui Mina," Principal Song heaved a sigh, "You are going to help her study and get better marks. Don't make me ask twice."

 

Mina knew what that meant. If she continued to push the old lady to the edge, she might just get an even worse punishment. Worse as in helping Nayeon's two very "intelligent" friends as well. What horror that would be.

 

"Fine. Meet me up tomorrow afternoon at my house."


"Why can't we start earlier?"

 

"I usually start my day in the afternoon so don't think about coming earlier." Mina stood up and walked out of the principal's office.

 

Nayeon was about to leave as well when Principal Song called her. "Nayeon, I really think that the both of you could help each other. There's plenty of time."

 

Nayeon wasn't quite sure what the old lady was trying to tell her. "She's really good at testing someone's patience and patience is not my strongest suit. Us helping each other, I don't think so. The least I could do is to tolerate that pretty girl and her big mouth."

 

 

 

____

i hope this isn't too short. im trying to update as soon as i can but even when i'm not too lazy i can't seem to squeeze out enough creative juice to write an update everyday.

i think i like writing violent sana way too much. ever since that tepl episode where they were playing mafia and she kept on screaming at everyone i just can't stop imagining her as the most violent member

minayeon is rising and im loving it