Chapter 6

This Christmas (Christmas special)

 

- The final chapter -

“Gui Gui please be happy. No matter where you are, you will still be the Gui Gui I love.” Gui Gui heard Arron’s wish again, high up above the skies, it’s full of sincerity and love. He had been making the same wish over and over again since Gui Gui left him. She wanted to grant his wish, but how could she be happy like before when Arron is no longer here with her, all she could do now is to watch over him from heaven. There is no way she can descend down to earth and visit him again. Tears gathered around her eyes when she saw Arron’s lonely and forlorn figure strolling aimlessly on the snowy streets. It had been only two days after she left him, but it felt as if two decades had gone by.

“Gui Gui, looking at him again?” Angel Ya tou came over and patted her shoulder. Gui Gui hastily wiped away her tears and manage out a smile.

“The Lord calls for you.” Ya tou passed the message. Gui Gui nodded and flew away to meet the Lord.

“Greetings to the Lord.” Gui gui greeted.

“My dear child, Come over here.” The Lord gestured with a motherly smile. Gui Gui flapped her wings and landed right beside Lord.

“Do you know the reason why you manage to revive your powers?” Lord asked with a gentle smile as he placed his arms around Gui Gui, only to get “No, Lord” as an answer.

“Through the kiss of true love.” The Lord smiled.

“Kiss of true love” Gui Gui repeated as the kiss Arron and her shared flash pass her mind, leaving tears around the brim of her eyes.

“Yes my dear child.” The Lord reached out and wiped away the teardrop that fell off from Gui Gui’s hazel brown eyes and smiled.

“He is my true love, but we can’t be together Lord.” Gui Gui’s choked on her tears.

“Now my dear child, answer me, do you love him?”

“ I don’t know Lord. I’m unsure of my feelings.” Gui Gui felt her Halo lighting up. Lord gave her a naughty look.

“Yes, I love him.” And the Halo dimmed; The Lord let out an amused laugh and stood up.

“Very good child. Now, close your eyes.” The Lord said, with a perfect smile. And Gui Gui did as told.

.*.

The cold air surrounding Arron is not helping him to feel any better; instead it made him felt lonelier and sadder than before. He miss Gui Gui, He miss her constant chatter that kept him smiling, he miss her smile that always warm the cold nights, he miss the special scent in her hair when they hug. He misses her so much that he is almost going insane. He looked around him, only to find that his legs brought him to the beach where he and Gui Gui usually spend time together.

“GUI GUI! I MISS YOU! MY MIND CANNOT TAKE IT ANYMORE. IT FEELS LIKE IT CAN EXPLODE ANYTIME SOON! CAN YOU HEAR ME? I MISS YOU! I MISS YOU! I MISS YOU TERRIBLY! I miss you..” Arron yelled across the wide sea and finally fading out when he could not hold his tears anymore. His heart sank down like a stone inside him as hot burning tears scalded his cheeks. Never had he shed so much tears before, except for this time, he lost the girl he really loves.

“This Christmas, I found an angel and a girl whom I fell in love with. Her name is Gui Gui.” Arron muttered as he shut his eyes and recollect the memories of her.

“This Christmas, I fell out of heaven and landed into someone’s heart. His name is Arron.” A musical voice rung in his ears, Arron spun around his heels and could not believe what is right in front of him.

“Hi, Long time no see. And I miss you too.” The familiar girl said with her beautiful voice.

“GUI GUI!” Arron rushed up and swept her into a tight hug, so tight that Gui Gui could hardly breathe.

“Arron, You’re killing me.” Gui Gui joked in his embrace.

“I need to hold on to you tight, I’m afraid that you will just disappear again. Now no one can bring you away from me. I’m going bonkers without you around.” Arron’s shaky voice made Gui Gui smile.

“Silly boy, Noone can bring me away now.” Gui Gui broke the hug and said happily.

Arron looked at her puzzled. Her wings is gone, she is dressed in normal winter clothes. And the special aura around her is gone too.

“How did you manage to come down and see me.” Arron asked in happy tears.

“The lord would rather make one happy human than keep a sad angel with him.” Gui gui said, her face filled with content.

“What? What did you say again?” Arron was stunned.

“I’m a human-being now. Just like you.” Gui Gui repeated.

“Oh my! Is this true? You’re a human now! Thank you so much god. Thank you so so much!” Arron cheered gratefully and pulled Gui Gui into his embrace. Taking in her scent, and enjoying the warmth they shared in their hug. This is the best Christmas present he had ever had, all his life, and the best he could ever ask for this Christmas.

- End of story -