Chapter 4

This Christmas (Christmas special)

 

- Chapter 4 -

“What do angels usually eat?” Arron asked curiously, as they strolled along the streets of Xi men.

Gui Gui let out an amused laugh before answering him. “We take the exact type of food humans eat. We live life as how human-beings live, it’s only that we have an extra pair of wings and a whole pile of rules to follow.”

“I see. Rules? What kind of rules?”

“We’re not allowed to fall in love with the male angels from Lollipop tower during our junior years. Oh for your information, Lollipop tower is where the male angels live. And we’re only allowed to wear white not any colour else. And as you know, angels cannot lie or do any naughty deeds, if we does, the halo above our head would shine really brightly. And I really hate it, because I always get punish for pulling a prank on the other angels in school.” Gui Gui gave a little pout after finishing the last sentence.

A smile crept up Arron’s face upon seeing her pout. There was a sudden urge to grab her small delicate hands in his, he did not know exactly what this feeling is, but he know for sure that Gui Gui is really amazing in her own ways.

“So humans celebrate Christmas too right? How are you going to celebrate yours?” Gui Gui questioned.

A sudden thought struck Arron, he had totally forgotten about Jiro’s Christmas prom, which is tomorrow.

“Oh! Now that you remind me, I have to attend a Christmas prom tomorrow evening at my buddies’ house.” Arron smacked his forehead and curse himself silently for letting that event slip out of his mind. And at this moment, he looked at Gui Gui beside him as Jiro’s words flashback in his mind. “Bring a partner along too!”. He let out a cheeky grin and turned to her.

“Gui Gui, Would you like to join me at the Christmas Prom tomorrow?”

“Christmas prom? Me? I don’t have any beautiful clothes to match with and I don’t look compatible beside you.” Gui Gui answered with a slight tinge of sadness , she know too well that she cannot allow herself to fall in love with a human.

“Nonsense, you’re the most beautiful thing on earth! I want to bring you over to the prom, and as for the clothes, not to worry, there’s plenty of boutique along this street. All I need is a nod from you.” Arron asked with the most sincere smile, but got silence back as an answer, Gui Gui could feel her heart beating against her ribcage upon Arron’s flattering comment.

“Alright, didn’t you say you would grant me a wish if you have the powers last night? Now, you can grant me one wish without it, and that is to go to the prom with me!” Arron suggested cheekily. Gui Gui couldn’t help but let out a smile at how “sly” Arron is. She nodded her head shyly.

“Oh yes!” Arron flash a toothy-grin and the couple then proceeded on to shop for an appropriate dress for the prom.

.*.

Cool air kissed Gui Gui’s face gently as both Arron and her stepped inside the grand hall of Jiro’s mansion. She seems to be the attention the moment she appeared, pairs of eyes were glued to her as she walked past many, she hooked Arron’s arms tightly, as anxiety build within her. What if all these people notice that she’s an angel, and wants to kidnap her? As if hearing her thoughts, Arron patted Gui Gui’s hands and gave her an assuring smile.

“Not to worry, they won’t know you’re an angel. They just find you really beautiful.” Arron whispered into Gui Gui’s ears, Making her beet red.

“Are you blushing?” Arron cast a naughty look at her.

“N-NO! of course not!” Gui Gui stammered, with a funny look.

“Hey buddy! You brought a beauty here tonight! Like finally.” Jiro came over with a glass of champagne.

“Merry Christmas Gorgeous, you’re the first lady Arron brings along with.” Jiro draw his hand out for a handshake.

“Merry Christmas.” Gui Gui shook his hand shyly.

“Jiro, stop sprouting nonsense. Gui Gui is just a friend of mine. Don’t scare her please.” Arron who is turning as red as tomato, stopped his talkative friend from saying anything more.

“Okay, anything you please. Mr Yan.” Jiro held up his champagne glass and winked before backing off to entertain the other guests.

“Don-Don’t mind him. He ju-just like to talk nonsense.” Arron stammered and adjusted his bow-tie uneasily.

“Now, you’re the one feeling shy.” Gui Gui bit her lower lips to prevent herself from laughing out loud at how cute Arron is.

“What’s there to be shy of? Do you know how to dance?” Arron tried to change the subject.

“Of course! Angels have to dance during every occasion in front of god.” Gui Gui said, being extra careful with the words she use.

“May I?” Arron held out his hand and bent down slightly, gesturing for a dance, Gui Gui let out a soft giggle and took his hand. Both of them started dancing elegantly on the floor, couples beside them were outshone as they Walt pass them gracefully. Looking deep into each other’s eyes as they dance, they couldn’t feel envious eyes on them everywhere.

“Do you know how to dance out the best Waltz?” Arron whispered.

“By giving your hand to someone you trust and love, there would be a special telepathy between you and him, that can dance out the best waltz.” Gui Gui answered. Arron smiled and spun her around, it was the best spin Gui Gui ever did, not even in heaven had she ever dance out such a perfect spin.

“Beautiful’ Arron complimented.

“Thank you “ Gui Gui said, with an angelic smile.

Soon the music in the hall came to a halt. Jiro then went up to the stage and suggested a Christmas prom game.

“Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for attending this Christmas prom tonight. Now, shall we play a game?”

“YES!” the guests chorused.

“I believe all of you were given a number tag to put on before you enter the prom. And now, the game goes like this, two numbers would be called out and the couple would have to do a task that is written in these scrolls which the participants would then pick before the game starts. Everyone clear with the instructions?”

“YES!”

“Okay, now the first pair would be number 007 and 145” Jiro announced over the hall, everyone anxiously looked over their number tag and heaved a sigh of relief that they are not called. Except for Gui Gui and Arron who is standing in the corner of the hall. Both of them looked at their partner’s tag and cast each other outrages looks.

“You’re 007?” Gui Gui’s bewildered expression almost made Arron laugh out loud.

“ Yes I am, and you’re 145. Right?” Arron’s heart is almost hanging at his mouth.

“Not to worry, I believe our task would not be that difficult.” Arron tried his best to assure Gui Gui and led her up the stage.

“A round of applause to welcome Mr Arron yan and his gorgeous partner. Please pick a scroll from the red box over there please Arron.” Jiro could not hide his cheeky smile as he unrolls the scroll.

“A kiss on the lips” Jiro annouced happily over the microphone.

- End of chapter 4 -